• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[PS3] Call of Duty 4 USA Version Question

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all,
Im currently looking into buying CoD4 and well in australia its about 100$ still, so i went to PlayAsia.com and saw a usa version, i know this will work on my ps3 because it has no region protection but i wanted to ask about online, will i be able to play with my friend who has a Australian version, basically i want to play against Eu. Will that work? or it wont because i have a USA copy?

I looked at my games and their are region 4.

So does the game region effect its online play for any game in general? or does it depend on the PSN account.

Reaction score
I don't see why it would. I play with Japs all the time in AC4. I have the NA version and they have the JP version.

Like wise I've played Warhawk and RFoM against people in the EU and AU territories on many occasions.

As far as I can tell it's an open network that is shared worldwide.

NoPeace - out

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer, ill purchase it and see how it goes.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yesterday I played with an Asian geoup.. I got raped

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i play with people from saudi and scotland and all over so im not guarenteing but im pretty sure it would work out.

Back