• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

PT Model tool

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:eek:tt: I always get some pt tools from here, it is time to release something back :p

As I said earlier, I am doing something with PT models, and I made a tool for convenient.
This tool can convert .smd file to .obj and .mtl, so that we can easily import it to many other 3d editor or tools.

How to use:
1. double-click the exe.
2. drag and drop a smd into it.
3. drop or enter a smb into, for the smd (need some smb data to calc vertex position,most of the time you could not noly use smd to export model out)
4. if no error, you will get two files "same_name" .obj and .mtl

There are some unknow bugs, welcome to feedback. I will try to fix them.
I would like to give some pictures, but I don't know how to...
Sorry for poor English. but I would like to make more friends :)

Thx to Sandurr's SMD Reader, I learn a lot from that, and also thanks to drz, with his help, I am now doing with pt model animations.

What I had converted:
(snapshots)

moxieos - PT Model tool - RaGEZONE Forums

Haha , bigger pictures!

I just fixed some bugs, one big bug is version 0.1 don't support multi-objects mesh, and now it's OK, so I call it version 0.2b. It only contain the exe file, DLL files are in the original zip.

:p

Also, I have something interesting on my android. If you have an android 2.3 or high version device, just have fun with me, look at this apk.:lol:

File - PT.apk <===is it big enough to see

Attachments

• PT_Model_Tool.zip
    784.5 KB · Views: 540
  • PT_model_tool_0.2b.7z
    26.5 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Well... where the duck is the 'like' button?

I`m gonna try it :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:tongue:Hope some one can test the APK, if it can be run in most android devices.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I keep getting a fatal error whenever I try it :(
Running on Windows 8.1 as Administrator.

Any tips?

Thank for the tool, man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Volcano,
I haven't test in windows 8.1, but I run it well on win7 win8 win xp.
What kind of error did you get?
had you download DLLs in PT_Model_Tool.zip?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey buddy!

Yeah, got all the DLLs and the last .exe version.
It seems to work fine on the command prompt until the Exporting Mesh message.
Then it crashes (fatal windows error) and leaves me with 1 .obj file with 1 KB. Tried many different models.

EDIT: The only things on the .obj files is # Exported by Moxieos's SMD Model Tool. # http://forum.ragezone.com/f286/

EDIT 2: GOT IT TO WORK! Apparently you parse the directory string in a weird way. My path had some spaces and the program was only capturing the second part of it, crashing. Changed directory to HD root and it works now :) MARRY ME

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To anyone using it:
Make sure that you have a smb file with the exact name of your smd file in the same folder or you will get texture errors or no texture at all. The character's default smb file (for example, Priestess is MfbC01.smb) can be use to export any other smd model related to it.
Lets say, you want to export CmfbC30.smd (priestess black wedding dress), then just make a copy of MfbC01.smb, rename it to CmfbC30.smb and and put on the same folder.

Totally offtopic: Do the new clients have some sort of protection against client side file replacement (skins)? I tried to replace the MfcbC01.smd file (priestess's default robe) with the CmfbC30.smd (wedding dress) but the character body just doesn't show ingame. Tried it for some other robes smds and the same thing happened.

*Tried replacing .inx files, crashes the game when the replaced model is loaded.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When I try to use this tool, it seems to crash any time I try to convert an SMD from the /char/tmABCD directory.

Also, how do you decrypt the texture files? It seems like the BMP/TGA readers have long since been lost to history.

I'd very much like to load up some models in Blender :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It means the game is a converter right?
For example.I want to edit itwm106.smd
I just need delete the itwm106.smd
export a new file itwm106.ase and put it in a client
Then start game .The game will generation a new file itwm106.smd by itself?Right?
thinks a lot!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried. But failed.....:huh:
I took XX.SMD into XX.OBJ ues the PT_model_Tool.exe
then edit itwa102.obj and export itwa102.ase in 3DMX
and.....wrong .....
When i loading games, its broken:*:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried. But failed.....:huh:
I took XX.SMD into XX.OBJ ues the PT_model_Tool.exe
then edit itwa102.obj and export itwa102.ase in 3DMX
and.....wrong .....
When i loading games, its broken:*:

Hi Is232707,
This tool only works for SMD ==> OBJ , and OBJ files can't be loaded into game.exe
But, you can import OBJ file into 3dsmax, then export an ASE file out, and you can load it in game just like SunnyZ told you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello! I have been using this tool to export a few armor models from characters and honestly it's working very well for me, so thank you very much for this amazing tool, people may need this information I found on the forum but I think it belongs here:

tmbA01.smb -> bones for MS, FS
tmbC01.smb -> bones for PS
tfbD01.smb -> bones for AS, ATA
MfBC01.smb -> bones for PRS
MmBD01.smb -> bones for MGS
MmbA01.smb -> bones for KS

The only files I couldn't export are the heads (i want to add the heads into my scene too) but it doesn't export with the SMB for bones... Is it any other SMB that belongs to the heads only???

also there are 2 new SMB files so I guess those are for Shaman and Assassin:

MmbE01.smb
TfbE01.smb

I'm using the latest client of BPT to export the files

Thanks for reading guys!

Last edited:
Back