Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PW5 Bug Help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi again everyone, I just recently looted a PW5 and after I equip it, the game crashes.

After I try to re-open the client and log in to my account, the game crashes again after loading.

Is there a way I can erase or fix the PW5 I recently equipped?

Thank you!

Update:

Found this post https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/deleting-items-from-inventory.431333/ but I need is to erase/remove the item that is currently equip to the character.

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
Or you simply check the length of the varbin data of each item and search & replace that specifically with 0x so that you won't have to wipe your entire equipment, inventory or whatever every time you want to remove a faulty item.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi again everyone, I just recently looted a PW5 and after I equip it, the game crashes.

After I try to re-open the client and log in to my account, the game crashes again after loading.

Is there a way I can erase or fix the PW5 I recently equipped?

Thank you!

Update:

Found this post https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/deleting-items-from-inventory.431333/ but I need is to erase/remove the item that is currently equip to the character.

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you!
eqip wipe in db

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
eqip wipe in db
You mean wipe the data here?

1690972183009 - PW5 Bug Help - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Or you simply check the length of the varbin data of each item and search & replace that specifically with 0x so that you won't have to wipe your entire equipment, inventory or whatever every time you want to remove a faulty item.

Upvote 0
Solution
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
or you can use changeitem.scp to replace the bug item with a working one...

ex:

(replacing PW5 for RW3)

Code:
[ChangeItem]    OldItemIndex    OldItemOption    NewItemIndex    NewItemOption    Type
0    3867    0    439    0    1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If the item causes trouble only because of it being equipped, or even being equipped in the wrong gear slot because of a mistake, then that change item option is quite the extreme move to be honest.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If the item causes trouble only because of it being equipped, or even being equipped in the wrong gear slot because of a mistake, then that change item option is quite the extreme move to be honest.

it's an alternative offered by the game itself, so as long as it solves his problem, it's valid

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
On a server where you're alone, or if it is an item that no one has access to, sure.

Why do you think this could not be used on a large scale?

In a scenario where you have sent a bug or wrong item by mistake to 1000 players, I believe the changeitem is much safer, more reliable, faster and (mostly) cheaper, than binary editing the inventory and equipment of all of them

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why do you think this could not be used on a large scale?

In a scenario where you have sent a bug or wrong item by mistake to 1000 players, I believe the changeitem is much safer, more reliable, faster and (mostly) cheaper, than binary editing the inventory and equipment of all of them

It can be used on a larger scale, there simply are numerous exceptions.
However the only reason I brought up the database part was because that works for a lot more things than just equipment | inventory data so it could be worth having that in mind.

There's also the fact that it won't really do anything to inactive characters and you'll want to make use of whatever ID you might have previously replaced, so that data will remain the same as before on them and when they come back they'll have a completely new item equipped that may not even belong into any equipment slots.

And frankly, even if you were to be managing a cabal online server with 1000 players, which sounds a little off the charts, you would most likely have appropriate resources for the database to be able to handle the task of searching through and replacing the respective data during a short maintenance.
Even in a slow case it would not take that long.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I haven't tried any of your suggestions because I don't have the laptop that has the problem.

I will try your suggestions next week once I get to my office.

Where do I check this one?

Can you give me an example where can I find this?

This will be helpful to me because I'm trying almost every item in cabal_msg.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is a post in this forum that includes everything you need to know.
You can narrow it down to whatever you want to use it for, rather than using it for what it was made for originally.
https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/database-unbind-inventory-item-sql-script-only.1208710/

If you remove the whole UnBound stuff and just stick to adding the item list and id's, you can comfortably check the data from your characters and even receive the item names but most importantly the actual data from those items.

You can use the code as a starting point for other things such as blessing beads as well, existing procedures can help finding the exact length of certain things, or you can just (in the case of beads or mercenaries) activate one at a time, relog and select the data to figure out the length per single item of the specific type.

It is a fair bit to go through but I'd argue that this still is the rather simple level of sql and it can (and most likely will) come in handy once you try to build some more advanced bits.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is a post in this forum that includes everything you need to know.
You can narrow it down to whatever you want to use it for, rather than using it for what it was made for originally.
https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/database-unbind-inventory-item-sql-script-only.1208710/

If you remove the whole UnBound stuff and just stick to adding the item list and id's, you can comfortably check the data from your characters and even receive the item names but most importantly the actual data from those items.

You can use the code as a starting point for other things such as blessing beads as well, existing procedures can help finding the exact length of certain things, or you can just (in the case of beads or mercenaries) activate one at a time, relog and select the data to figure out the length per single item of the specific type.

It is a fair bit to go through but I'd argue that this still is the rather simple level of sql and it can (and most likely will) come in handy once you try to build some more advanced bits.
Will try this.

Thank you!

But can you tell me how to do this one?

Where can I find varbin data?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
In the respective tables under Server01.

Most of it is given away by the scripts mentioned in the thread that I linked.
I know you'd likely be happier about straight forward type of answers and I'm sorry for not giving them the way you might want them.
But I do believe that it helps more to just look through your database and actually bother to open stored procedures (right click, modify) as well as tables to see how your database works.

While dealing with that type of data you will want to look at the design of the table to know the names of each field and then select the data through a query.
It helps using indexes in order to speed up the execution time of these queries, something you will want to keep in mind when creating new tables or just dealing with generally bigger ones.

Achievements, dungeon clear data, inventory data, quest data, buff data, blessing bead data, skill data, there's plenty for you to go through.
Try to pick one topic after another, find out how to comfortably deal with the data of your choosing and once you can complete any task you want without having to look it up somewhere, move on to the next topic.

I don't think there is a "best" approach but there's a "worst" one, which would be going through it fully randomly whenever you have problems.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In the respective tables under Server01.

Most of it is given away by the scripts mentioned in the thread that I linked.
I know you'd likely be happier about straight forward type of answers and I'm sorry for not giving them the way you might want them.
But I do believe that it helps more to just look through your database and actually bother to open stored procedures (right click, modify) as well as tables to see how your database works.

While dealing with that type of data you will want to look at the design of the table to know the names of each field and then select the data through a query.
It helps using indexes in order to speed up the execution time of these queries, something you will want to keep in mind when creating new tables or just dealing with generally bigger ones.

Achievements, dungeon clear data, inventory data, quest data, buff data, blessing bead data, skill data, there's plenty for you to go through.
Try to pick one topic after another, find out how to comfortably deal with the data of your choosing and once you can complete any task you want without having to look it up somewhere, move on to the next topic.

I don't think there is a "best" approach but there's a "worst" one, which would be going through it fully randomly whenever you have problems.
Thank you again for replying to my questions.

This is the table that holds the data of the item equip but I can't view or edit this table
1691198429529 - PW5 Bug Help - RaGEZONE Forums

If I delete the record, all of the items equiped will be deleted.

Is there a way I can only delete specific items in this table or can I view this table like this one?
1691198595883 - PW5 Bug Help - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If it says (BLOB) that just means you'll want to use a select query to retrieve the data contained there.

So after replacing the CharNameHere with the target character's name:

SQL:
USE Server01

DECLARE @char INT = (SELECT CharacterIdx FROM cabal_character_table WHERE Name = 'CharNameHere')

SELECT Data FROM cabal_equipment_table WHERE CharacterIdx = @char

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is the result of the query.

1691200343270 - PW5 Bug Help - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Upvote 0
Back