Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

pwAdmin 151

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Okay so here is an example:
Code:
    // pwadmin access password as md5 encrypted string
    // default password is root -> 63a9f0ea7bb98050796b649e85481845 [COLOR=#ff0000]=> The default password root for easy access[/COLOR]
    String iweb_password = "63a9f0ea7bb98050796b649e85481845";[COLOR=#ff0000] => The current password that is used, if you want to change the password you will need to use a md5 converter and put the converted string between the " "
[/COLOR]

// connection settings to the mysql pw database
    String db_host = "localhost"; [COLOR=#ff0000]=> Place where your database is located (mainly localhost if you have your database setup on only 1 server)[/COLOR]
    String db_port = "3306"; => [COLOR=#ff0000]Your mysql port[/COLOR]
    String db_user = "root"; => [COLOR=#ff0000]Your mysql username[/COLOR]
    String db_password = "root"; => [COLOR=#ff0000]Your mysql password[/COLOR]
    String db_database = "pw"; => [COLOR=#ff0000]Your database name that contains all users etc.. mainly pw or db
[/COLOR]

// Type of your items database required for mapping id's to names
    // Options are my or pwi
    String item_labels = "pwi";[COLOR=#ff0000] => Leave like this[/COLOR]

// Absolute path to your PW-Server main directory (startscript, stopscript, /gamed)
    // requires a tailing slash
    String pw_server_path = "/home/"; =>[COLOR=#ff0000] Your server file directory, where you placed the files (of what i've seen ppl put them in root,home or PWServer
[/COLOR]

// If you have hundreds of characters or heavy web acces through this site
    // It is recommend to turn the realtime character list feature off (false)
    // to prevent server from overload injected by character list generation
    boolean enable_character_list = true;

String pw_server_name = "Perfect World";
    String pw_server_description = "Fixed by DaMadBoy, 151 iweb from Bola, Merged by Sora1984";

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//----------------------------- END SETTINGS ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

String pw_server_exp = "?"; [COLOR=#ff0000]=> Put your rates here, just for you to see what rates you apply[/COLOR]
    String pw_server_sp = "?";
    String pw_server_drop = "?";
    String pw_server_coins = "?";

Hope this helps, thats about it

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have re edited the entire file starting with a stock copy out of the server install files and still nothing.

I am to the point I would be willing to trust someone with my login this has got me mind boggled I have set it up in older versions before and never had an issue I dont get it.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Ok I have read every thread I could find. I have changed my database to make sure it wasn't corrupt reinstalled multiple times. ch modded the pwAdmin folder the only thing I can think of is I am missing something I need to configure can someone give me a run down of what needs to be edited. My db name is pw by default already user name is default too Maybe these lines arent configured right? / Type of your items database required for mapping id's to names
// Options are my or pwi
String item_labels = "pwi";

// Absolute path to your PW-Server main directory (startscript, stopscript, /gamed)
// requires a tailing slash
String pw_server_path = "/home/";

Please help I have been working on this for over eight hours so its not like I haven't tried I just can't figure it out. I can go to my pwAdmin page it shows up I can see all the options under server config it shows all my stuff including auth as running which I know it is cause I can log in and play the game. But if I try to login to pwAdmin so I can use the options it closses the tabs and the login box dissapears but as soon as I click anything like server config it comes back up as me not being logged in.

You have to understand that pwadmin uses login session to record that you logged in... do you use UNIX OS or WINBLOWS?

I have re edited the entire file starting with a stock copy out of the server install files and still nothing.

I am to the point I would be willing to trust someone with my login this has got me mind boggled I have set it up in older versions before and never had an issue I dont get it.

i didn't see any different between 1.5.1 and an older version, the setup method uses the same procedure...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
whoami you are a genius I got it fixed it was because i was using the default password .. also it seems to not like really long passwords which is why my previous incoding failed .

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
whoami you are a genius I got it fixed it was because i was using the default password .. also it seems to not like really long passwords which is why my previous incoding failed .

Actually you did not read the manual properly...

// pwadmin access password as md5 encrypted string
// default password is root -> 63a9f0ea7bb98050796b649e85481845

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why is that people here are so hostile. Look I did read the manual right I had already tried fixing the string before the password I was using was too long and had too many unique characters in it I guess. I tried the same pass again and it didnt work using the same hash encoder so because I was curious i tried a shorter pass and it worked. Nice try though I spent the last three days reading it and re reading it. Or maybe you missunderstood dunno by default pass I meant it was using root as password

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Why is that people here are so hostile. Look I did read the manual right I had already tried fixing the string before the password I was using was too long and had too many unique characters in it I guess. I tried the same pass again and it didnt work using the same hash encoder so because I was curious i tried a shorter pass and it worked. Nice try though I spent the last three days reading it and re reading it. Or maybe you missunderstood dunno by default pass I meant it was using root as password

i mean...
if you familiar with md5 you will sense this code 63a9f0ea7bb98050796b649e85481845 as string "root" encrypted...

i am just trying to remind you, read carefully every words in manual, AND if you got some script without manual with your current level now, i bet you will lost... please improve your... anything and good luck...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
way to fix pw admin so easy and so fast
here are the following steps i used to fix password issue
sudo apt-get install tomcat7 if u havent installed it
put pwadmin in /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/
change table.xml for password that u put in /etc/
change password of pwadmin in file called .pwadminconf.jsp in pwadmin/WEB-INF/ directory
then do
sudo apt-get purge tomcat7 to delete tomcat7 that if it doesnt work
then re install again tomcat7 by sudo apt-get install tomcat7
then sudo apt-get update -> sudo service tomcat7 restart if u prefere to reboot the system just type reboot to restart the whole OS
that is the way worked with me on ubuntu 12.04
i just loved to tell about it if any body still facing this problem as well

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you arent the only one who faces these problems
pw admin is bugged
the page is loading too much as you say because you turn on server while using pwadmin
on roles characters and maps must be offline to use characters roles after refreshing this by little icon to re import the roles so u can delete characters or control them
setting exp rates must be working by Iweb or you have to rewrite the exp rates manually by notepad ++ or sudo nano (directory name)
most of people love to use lvl 105 as max for character to run their private server public so they don't look bad in front of visitors to their games or in front of their friends
the best way to set exp rate etc is through the develop tool you got as well from package of editor tools of pw1.5.1 or the package of pw 1.3.6 of the other forum thread

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check your permissions, make sure you update the roles table in the db. Also what are the specs on the servers cause I have yet to reproduce that issue. I am wondering if it isnt a result of low system memory due to the game being running or the processor being used heavily.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
My permissions of the (sub)folders are all set to +777 (chmod +R) and I also imported the roles in SQL. I can edit characters, though, but sometimes it takes 4-5 attempts to load the page. No matter how long I let it load. Even with only worldmap open, I think 8 GB RAM is enough for only worldmap :p

use chmod 0755 for files, you don't want 3rd party people to mess with your files only ppl that have the rights to edit should be able to edit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i'm using this version of pwAdmin, and edit .pwadminconf.jsp
but, my authd still "offline"
how to fix it??

my ss

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is not a pwadmin issue. Check your log files on start up and see what it says happened.

Back