• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

question about gantz

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
well... i watched the anime... dunno maybe i missed something, but WTF happened at the end? o_O"
did that guy die? is it explained in the manga?
plz help i am kind of confused... maybe there is some ova that continues it? o_O"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i don't know at the end too.

in last episode ,it's nothing relate with manga.

you should read manga better

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I saw a few episodes of it and i liked the manga more.
But the manga ends around 235 chapters. But their'll be a second part comming up this year around november.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i read teh manga first and after that teh anime absolutely apalled me. i did not bother watching more than 3 episodes. i DO know that the end of teh anime series is not a final end cuz they plan to release more seasons (or stages as they put it)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank god. but dam such a sad ending.all the original guys are dead cuz or some Statue. Sux that girl died with Acid. I knew she might die but not with being eaten by acid. And i thought that that one dude will live but no he goes and gets killed 2.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thank god. but dam such a sad ending.all the original guys are dead cuz or some Statue. Sux that girl died with Acid. I knew she might die but not with being eaten by acid. And i thought that that one dude will live but no he goes and gets killed 2.

nice spoilers :p
and manga ends a lot of chapters after that lol :p

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
oh well as some ppl said.. Anime was terrible...

I watched first five episodes or so and stopped watching...

To get a better picture of Gantz, people need to read the Manga version of it :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeh im going to start reading the manga now but i liked the anime it was very graphical and you dont see graphical deaths like that in anime much.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yes i also want to know if the young man also die like all other of their friends....it was a really weird anime.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yeah, kinda had the same problem too, course the manga is always better, but to be honest, i believe the dude died, that all of them did and gantz wins, contiueing to play his little game.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ewell this is a spoiler but if remmer i did a search of this a long time ago and i read a remsume of all the manga chapters and i have got to tellya that kurono never died, after he was saved of those giants statues he continues on the game and tries to get all the new people that enter to the gantz game to his side so that they can win and free themselves from gantz but gantz starts to manipulate things so that kurono wont survive that long but after some point he is too good for failing into gantz traps and always manages to get away almost unscratched, but at some point in the manga he meets a girl in the institute he goes to, and make a bid with some guys from his school in something related to go out with that girl, after going out with her he falls in love with her and then gantz realizes this and to hurt him he decides taht the new game would be to kill kurono is girlfriend, he tries to protec her to the very end but he fails, and after the end he got sufficient point to get out of the game but he decides to stay until he is able to reunite enought point to revive his friend kato and their respective girlfriends and that is the end srry for the spoil guys

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ewell this is a spoiler but if remmer i did a search of this a long time ago and i read a remsume of all the manga chapters and i have got to tellya that kurono never died, after he was saved of those giants statues he continues on the game and tries to get all the new people that enter to the gantz game to his side so that they can win and free themselves from gantz but gantz starts to manipulate things so that kurono wont survive that long but after some point he is too good for failing into gantz traps and always manages to get away almost unscratched, but at some point in the manga he meets a girl in the institute he goes to, and make a bid with some guys from his school in something related to go out with that girl, after going out with her he falls in love with her and then gantz realizes this and to hurt him he decides taht the new game would be to kill kurono is girlfriend, he tries to protec her to the very end but he fails, and after the end he got sufficient point to get out of the game but he decides to stay until he is able to reunite enought point to revive his friend kato and their respective girlfriends and that is the end srry for the spoil guys

i don't think it was gantz doing the maniulating, it was just missions started to get harder, and the main character got better at surviving and tried to make it so everybody who ended up in the room survived, and their aim was t orevive the people that died and stuff...

and about his love, it was that she realised about the black suits, because she took a picture of one of them or something and gantz has a thing to wipe out people who know in order to keep secrecy.

Back