Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Question for MentaL] Why ban the dev "Niicke"? Is Renting Files Reason for Banning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Komachi

Dear Sir MentaL Administrator,

I have been using and frequenting your forum since 2012, about 11 years, and I have even contributed financially to this forum when I was able to. This is just to tell you that I am not a newcomer to this forum, or someone who does not appreciate and respect this environment.

Let's get to the point. I am an Administrator and owner of a Cabal server, I need Dev's Developers to produce content, tools for Cabal Online to boost growth on my Server. With the Free Files that were made available on RageZone, I was able to build my Cabal Server "*REMOVED*, but only the public files did not have any "DIFFERENTIAL" among the other hundreds of Cabal Servers. To keep Devs working they need to pay their Internet bills, Electricity bills, their Improvement courses, College, and besides the time they spend studying, are you going to tell me that they don't deserve any kind of Remuneration or Prize for what they do? Don't you like when a forum user collaborates and contributes with money to keep your forum active?

When I hire these Devs, I always aim to compensate them fairly when I contract them privately, and I am not in favor of restricting the Devs, both Niicke and VodkaTM, from publicizing and showcasing their work here on the Forum. They want them to post content for free, but if you look at their forum accounts, you'll see that Niicke and VodkaTM have shared new features and tutorials freely for all forum members. Yet, the first time they showcase a piece of content that took them months to develop and need compensation for, you want to ban them for exhibiting their work without sharing it publicly and freely. Besides being a private server administrator, I am also a Dev, and I understand the immense effort and dedication required, including sleepless nights, to build a new feature for Cabal Online.

If this continues, soon you will have to delete the Cabal Online section from this forum because, as you can see for yourself, there is hardly anything new and interesting for Cabal Online.

You own an environment that brings together an audience interested in development content, Programming and online games. If you want to limit trade within your platform, you are being foolish, sorry if this was offensive, because you can monetize and charge a Contribution Fee for yourself. There are people wanting to pay and people wanting to sell, your forum allows for the advertising of products and systems, you don't need to block people, just charge for the use of your private Space to advertise things, this is fair.

I have told you before to create a Marketplace. I understand you don't want to get involved in the members' negotiations, but you can do this without taking responsibility, just by having a reputation system and leaving it to the traders' risk.

And finally, if this unfounded ban on Niicke continues for this reason, I myself refuse to come back here on this forum, contribute to this, because the Cabal Online area here on the Forum was already dead and when someone appears with content and resources that are attractive to the forum, people are blocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
A piracy marketplace on the surface web?
Dear Sir MentaL Administrator,

I have been using and frequenting your forum since 2012, about 11 years, and I have even contributed financially to this forum when I was able to. This is just to tell you that I am not a newcomer to this forum, or someone who does not appreciate and respect this environment.

Let's get to the point. I am an Administrator and owner of a Cabal server, I need Dev's Developers to produce content, tools for Cabal Online to boost growth on my Server. With the Free Files that were made available on RageZone, I was able to build my Cabal Server " ", but only the public files did not have any "DIFFERENTIAL" among the other hundreds of Cabal Servers. To keep Devs working they need to pay their Internet bills, Electricity bills, their Improvement courses, College, and besides the time they spend studying, are you going to tell me that they don't deserve any kind of Remuneration or Prize for what they do? Don't you like when a forum user collaborates and contributes with money to keep your forum active?

When I hire these Devs, I always aim to compensate them fairly when I contract them privately, and I am not in favor of restricting the Devs, both Niicke and VodkaTM, from publicizing and showcasing their work here on the Forum. They want them to post content for free, but if you look at their forum accounts, you'll see that Niicke and VodkaTM have shared new features and tutorials freely for all forum members. Yet, the first time they showcase a piece of content that took them months to develop and need compensation for, you want to ban them for exhibiting their work without sharing it publicly and freely. Besides being a private server administrator, I am also a Dev, and I understand the immense effort and dedication required, including sleepless nights, to build a new feature for Cabal. If this continues, soon you will have to delete the Cabal Online section from this forum because, as you can see for yourself, there is hardly anything new and interesting for Cabal Online.

You own an environment that brings together an audience interested in development content, Programming and online games. If you want to limit trade within your platform, you are being foolish, sorry if this was offensive, because you can monetize and charge a Contribution Fee for yourself. There are people wanting to pay and people wanting to sell, your forum allows for the advertising of products and systems, you don't need to block people, just charge for the use of your private Space to advertise things, this is fair.

I have told you before to create a Marketplace. I understand you don't want to get involved in the members' negotiations, but you can do this without taking responsibility, just by having a reputation system and leaving it to the traders' risk.

And finally, if this unfounded ban on Niicke continues for this reason, I myself refuse to come back here on this forum, contribute to this, because the Cabal Online area here on the Forum was already dead and when someone appears with content and resources that are attractive to the forum, people are blocked.

I know I'm not your target, but in my opinion, piracy becomes a problem only when individuals attempt to profit from it. If the forum permits such trading, it would be prudent to relocate to the deep web.. otherwise, it may not remain online for an extended period of time

I don't think there's any way the forum owner could allow this without taking responsibility

K

Komachi

Post in English. Try to follow the rules. It is not hard.
Um mercado de pirataria na web de superfície?

Sei que não sou seu alvo, mas, na minha opinião, a pirataria só se torna um problema quando os indivíduos tentam lucrar com ela. Se o fórum permitir tal negociação, seria prudente mudar para a deep web. caso contrário, pode não permanecer online por um longo período de tempo

Acho que não há como o dono do fórum permitir isso sem assumir a responsabilidade

Se os Arquivos do próprio Jogo forem publicados neste local, e houver Tutoriais ensinando como modificar, manipular, hackear o conteúdo dos jogos aqui no fórum, isso já é pirataria desde o início, fundamental de liberar arquivos do jogo sem autorização da empresa em si, agora a remuneração das pessoas que constroem mods, novos recursos para esses arquivos é um conteúdo totalmente legal porque é propriedade intelectual e autoral da pessoa que construiu o recurso, sendo um trabalho de programação e não um conteúdo ilegal e vazado.

E aqui neste fórum o que tem acontecido é que pessoas que publicam conteúdo que infringe direitos autorais de pessoas e empresas são publicadas mesmo sem consentimento, você vê sites completos de pessoas que foram liberadas sem autorização, os Arquivos do Servidor Cabal Online e outras coisas sobre vários jogos , então seria muito hipócrita querer punir quem cria e vende recursos se o principal é querer fazer o que é certo e correto.

Reaction score
are you going to tell me that they don't deserve any kind of Remuneration or Prize for what they do?
What you do outside of RZ is your business and nothing to do with me.

Don't you like when a forum user collaborates and contributes with money to keep your forum active?
You assume people get special treatment for money, nope. I've banned recent VIPs too.

If this continues, soon you will have to delete the Cabal Online section from this forum because, as you can see for yourself, there is hardly anything new and interesting for Cabal Online.

Ah yes, delete an entire section because one person was using RaGEZONE via private messages to "rent" his files. I wonder how that will impact the whole "Open-source" thing.
you are being foolish,
Yes, I am being foolish for banning people for SELLING content on the forum that we share for free, publicly. The fool I am, the jester, the clown, the joker.
I have told you before to create a Marketplace
You act like I know you or owe you something?
refuse to come back here on this forum
Bye.

Thread notes:

Welcome to 2023 where I need to make a new rule amendment. As of today, any users found circumventing the forum contact system and requesting users to contact via Discord will be issued a warning. The last week I have been banning accounts I've found pushing the sale of files via Discord. Any user found to be acting inappropriately or suspicious will be banned.

Words of advice;
  • When a new account appears showcasing files and includes no download link and a link to Discord, assume they want your cash.
  • If an account with minimal posts contacts you via a private message with a discord contact link, assume they want your cash.
This week alone, I've seen reports of THOUSANDS of dollars being stolen because users are unable to use common sense and understand that scammers are targeting you for your money. We are an OPEN-SOURCE development forum. We do not do anything in the shadows.

Also, your alt accounts will be merged and outed.

Thanks.

Finally (legitimate transcript);

Anonymous: Hello, you Renting out your invention?
Niicke: Hello, yes we are You can add me on discord for more information.

Welcome to RaGEZONE.
MentaL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back