Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Question] GAMING SERVER

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Could theses spec host the following

1 mu server wih 4 subs
1 wow server
1 webserver

Heres The Specs

PROCESSOR Dual Core Intel

Master Summoner
Reaction score
The MU server will take up alot of ram with the 4 subs. Get some more ram and you'll be fine :) I recommend getting 4GB but its up to you.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LOL
2T hd?
this is sick, what files are you going to host? pr0n?

EDIT: they are going to be raid? again it is too much 1T :/

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
2gig ram with 4x500 gig hdd's, why don't get 16, because MySQL and MSSQL will use 100% of it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hoa
he was talking for EVERY thing that he posted to run on the same machine?
he cant be serious...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
on 1 of my machine 2.8ghz cpu 768mb ddr 160gb hdd i can run mu server with 100+ online with web going so thats sql,appserv,mu server,antivirus,mu client all kinds of stuff running and my comp dont lagg neither does net with 6mb dsl so i dun know what u all talkin bout :S..........wow doesnt really use that much resources

Reaction score
Why do you need two terabytes of HDD space? You'll struggle to fill up 500GB-1TB much less 2TB.

Drop the extra TB of space and get yourself more RAM. 2GB isn't enough RAM to run all that stuff. Especailly for what you are goign to spend on that server. 4GB is a min. With 8GB idealy.

Never the less try looking into the Operons also. Their new ones are much better then the new Xeons under a heavy load like that and the RAM they use is cheaper. So getting yourself a 4-way (2x dual core) 2.6ghz Operon setup with 8GB of RAM should cost just as much as that Xeon + 4GB. Also you can then save money by getting 1TB of storrage instead of two and then using that to get a total 16GB of RAM.

Then with that setup you'll have max performance. Xeons are only good on small work loads as they are very fast doing a little bit of work. When you start putting in more work. The bandwidth get's to much for the Xeons FSB and that's where the Operons faster HTT comes into play. Not to mention 4x the ammount of the cheaper DDR2 RAM will be better then the FD-DIMM RAM of the Xeon.

NoPeace - out

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback :p
ive change the system which im saving for to the following

PROCESSOR Intel® Pentium® D processor 915 at 2.8GHz, 2x2MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB

MEMORY 2G DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz Memory (2X1G Dual Ranked DIMMs), ECC
RAID CONTROLLER SAS 5/i Integrated Controller Card for SATA and SAS Hard Drives
RAID CONNECTIVITY C5 - Ad-in SAS/SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to ad-in SAS controller, RAID1
1ST HARD DRIVE 250GB, SATA, 3.5-inch, 7.200 rpm Hard Drive
2ND HARD DRIVE 250GB, SATA, 3.5-inch, 7.200 rpm Hard Drive

Feedback plz

& internet will be (26mbx2 + 10mb) 62mb connection

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Pentium D?!?! Goodluck running a server like that lol.

Reaction score
Forget running a server with a Pentium 4/D. They are just not powerful enough. Switch it to an Athlon 64 and it'll be more powerful. Or a Athlon 64x2 for an even greater amount of power.

NoPeace - out

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why do you need two terabytes of HDD space? You'll struggle to fill up 500GB-1TB much less 2TB.

Drop the extra TB of space and get yourself more RAM. 2GB isn't enough RAM to run all that stuff. Especailly for what you are goign to spend on that server. 4GB is a min. With 8GB idealy.

Never the less try looking into the Operons also. Their new ones are much better then the new Xeons under a heavy load like that and the RAM they use is cheaper. So getting yourself a 4-way (2x dual core) 2.6ghz Operon setup with 8GB of RAM should cost just as much as that Xeon + 4GB. Also you can then save money by getting 1TB of storrage instead of two and then using that to get a total 16GB of RAM.

Then with that setup you'll have max performance. Xeons are only good on small work loads as they are very fast doing a little bit of work. When you start putting in more work. The bandwidth get's to much for the Xeons FSB and that's where the Operons faster HTT comes into play. Not to mention 4x the ammount of the cheaper DDR2 RAM will be better then the FD-DIMM RAM of the Xeon.

NoPeace - out
with u....

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For a server of that magnitude you WILL need server-class parts, not just normal PC parts. As NoPeace said, Opetrons/Xeons, 16GB RAM, 500gb hard drive is more than plenty, you could go for 4x 250gb's and stick them in RAID 0+1.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Note:
RAID CONTROLLER PERC 5/i Integrated RAID Controller Card
RAID CONNECTIVITY C1 Motherboard SATA, 1-2 Hard drives
Also:

I'll take you all on.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
get a computer

Back