• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Question on Translation

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know that the game exe needs to be translated, but what else needs that attention? I have KPT1977 pretty much done with the translation part just need to change the pointers with Olly.
I just have the feeling that there is more..

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Much more... Are you not following my developments?

I have very little translation work done (and I haven't released any of it, as I don't want that to be a distraction). So far all I have done is updated the Skill descriptions and the Disconnection message.

Working on DC4 fix, but there is still much much more. ^_^

I have a vague plan of action somewhere down the posts.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not exactly... I will check it out...I have been away from this for some time

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
DC4 normally is a checksum,u problably change something in the client and gets dc4,or the normall dc4 that is 2bi-error,I dont need to explain here,u just need to follow greegos tuto about translation table

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No... it's the 2bi error I need explaining.

It's not exactly 2 billion. I can get 2 billion Exp per kill and it doesn't happen... but I can get 20 kills in less than a minuet and ... guess what? Disco! ♫Bhadabahdmdedahh Woa yea.♫

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@[M]Transliteration? is pretty good.

If you mean, how do you display Korean characters in ASCII, you don't, because Korean is not Latin based. It does not use the Latin Alphabet.

Korean character set (like almost all character sets) reserves the ASCII characters (32 - 128 decimal), so ASCII is already in Korean, and Korean already complies to ASCII... what it doesn't comply to is Western European ANSI (used in Britain, France, Spain, Italy, Brazil, USA, Canada etc) or the many other popular code-pages used by users here. If we all used the same code-page, it wouldn't be a problem, but of-course people in Northern Europe have code pages for Nordic Latin accented characters, as opposed to Hispanic / Gallic Latin accented characters... Interestingly, those in Ireland (a major traditional Gaelic speaking land) require another code-page all-together, but I gather is is sufficient for Scotts Gaelic as well as Irish Gaelic.

I mention these, because they all follow basic Latin alphabet, but have different requirements for extended (accented) characters. Languages like Greek, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian (and other Cyrillic based Eastern European languages) Tamil, Farsi, Gujarati, Bengali, Arabic, Hebrew etc. Don't predominantly use the Latain Alphabet at all... and yet they all still conform to the ASCII standard in the characters from 32 - 128 in their native code-page.

So A-Z and a-z plus the usual "+", "-", ",", "=", "?", "!", "$", "%" etc punctuation, is the same in any code-page... it's things like á, é, í, ó, ú, à, è, ì, ò, ù, æ, ä, ë, ï, ö, ü, ß, č, ô etc which do not travel around the world properly. They conflict with Korean characters, or Nordic, Cyrillic etc.

Don't dismiss them as "not English" either. In English the word Coupé is correctly spelled, just as I just did... if you leave the accent off, people will probably still understand you, but it's "bad English". Equally, although we typically write Æon (a term used to describe an age in the Zodiac calendar) we often write Aeon, because we can't be arsed to figure out where on our keyboard that so rarely used character is, but that's not "correct" English. The former Æon is correct in the English language. If your English teacher at school did not correct either of these in handwritten course work, then they where remiss in their job. ^_^

I hope (but suspect otherwise) that English people know that Coupé is correctly typed "C", "o", "u", "p", AltGr+"e" on an English keyboard and a computer configured for input it international English. (I hope it still works in the U.S., but they can get sloppy)

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just have the feeling that there is more..

There might be some images in PT that you can translate like new maps names, some quests like "lost hammer quest" giving you some letter when you find hammer in Bargon, you can translate whole server not only client here are a lot of commands or options you can translate.

@bobsobol

For some reason I can't create character with name A̋͆ͯ̉̅noͭn͑̒̔̋̀y͋̆ͤ̽͒m̋ͦ́͂̓̚ oͥ̐u͆͗̈́͑s͐̊̇ͭ̿̾̓ ͮ̽ͥ
because its too long but even if I make it shorter ePT still don't save it and display it wrong :/ Till now ePT was accepting any unique letter.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've said before that just before Pay2Play was introduced ePT stopped you using lots of characters, so my "Golkan Tan-Ishan" became pretty unique on the server, because you couldn't use spaces or hyphens any more. If ePT started allowing them again, I suspect it's because Suba didn't receive the "Art" of blocking those characters from their predecessors... allowing them is not a great problem, but it makes it much harder to ban names that would make their game unsuitable for younger audiences or NSFW.

ePT states that it is suitable for players of all ages, where both KPT and JPT state that it is suitable only for players aged 12+... but KPT and jPT have gone to the effort of getting the game age rated by a recognized authority. ePT have (as far as I know) never applied to such an authority, and certainly don't display the official rating given to their Asian partners.
tangodown - Question on Translation - RaGEZONE Forums
Something as simple as an obscenity filter can make the difference between a Universal rating, and a Teen rating. But obscenity filtering in complex glyph languages can be tricky. It's also hard, if you allow
Code:
1337-5kR1p7
or
Code:
ƎӜΤΣИϷєƉ Ƈ ɦȧʁȇͻɫɘɿʂ
which read fine to a human, but pass through a filter as not matching anything that anyone might think of as offensive. ^_^

Obscenity filters are problematical anyway, as it's hard to explain to your 4yo daughter why she can't ask her friends in WoW where they got their pet cat. XD "Just try asking them where they got the cat dear." :x

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I always respect people who are doing translations 'cause this is slow but rewarding process and in PT you need to know what functions are doing what because sometimes translation from translator will have no sense so you will have no clue how to translate it. Sometimes there are things that you can't jump over like optical illusions:

Code:
コロコロー (((●
  猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー
  猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー
 猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー
   ●))) コロコロー
  ーナマ猫ーナマ猫ーナマ猫ーナマ猫ーナマ猫ーナマ猫
   ーナマ猫ーナマ猫ーナマ猫ーナマ猫ーナマ猫ーナマ猫
   ーナマ猫ーナマ猫ーナマ猫ーナマ猫ーナマ猫ーナマ猫
                コロコロー (((●
  猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー
  猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー
 猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー猫マナー

I wonder if you can force everyone in PT to see same charset, to see same text and let them use language special letters at the same time?

BTW I did not mean you can create 'unique' names in ePT (you need to 'force' it a bit ;)), they SQL server is saving some of those. I was wondering why it can save some crazy signs but for some reason name that have have dot '.' in front of name will not be saved, because theres no .GameUser? Other signs in front of name working so its not that...
Unique names are cool, but you will have hard time PM them, Korean/Japanese names are unique too and its not like you can easily PM they either. There should be unique name and its equivalent in A-Z charset but that would be a lot of work :}

PS. Yes lines are straight :)

Last edited:
Back