• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Question] Will this work in Ubuntu 12.04?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am sure it has to work since newer versions always support older versions. But I guess the only way to know that would be by testing it.

Upvote 0
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am sure it has to work since newer versions always support older versions. But I guess the only way to know that would be by testing it.

That doesn't necessarily have to be the case when it comes down to Linux distributions. Packages may not yet support the OS.

@OP:
Only way to find out is by trying it.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That doesn't necessarily have to be the case when it comes down to Linux distributions. Packages may not yet support the OS.

Well for pw server it worked like charm, it did change some things but I still managed to reinstall pw on newer ubuntu version. But for this one I can't even test because it seems that all files that were in .rar files uploaded somewhere have been outdated.

If I am wrong please pm me links, but as far as I can see I can't get my hands on clean server files atm.

Upvote 0
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well for pw server it worked like charm, it did change some things but I still managed to reinstall pw on newer ubuntu version. But for this one I can't even test because it seems that all files that were in .rar files uploaded somewhere have been outdated.

If I am wrong please pm me links, but as far as I can see I can't get my hands on clean server files atm.

Like I said, most packages get updated at the same moment a new distribution is released. Considering neither of us knows what packages are being used for Forsaken World, all we can do is let OP give it a try.

Besides, you don't need to re-install Ubuntu in order to upgrade, update manager would do.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like I said, most packages get updated at the same moment a new distribution is released. Considering neither of us knows what packages are being used for Forsaken World, all we can do is let OP give it a try.

Besides, you don't need to re-install Ubuntu in order to upgrade, update manager would do.

Okay I understand now that we are talking both about the same. Let's see if he answers once he has tried it.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tested it for you and this is my result :

SZl4I09 - [Question] Will this work in Ubuntu 12.04? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice, so we have a green light to 12.10 ubuntu. Thank you, I will try to set one up as well.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back