Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Questions (3DS Max & GunZ)

In Progress... FFXIV...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1) If I were to name an object, for example, called, "hide_ceiling," would it be like player clip from GTK Radiant?

2) How come whenever I add lights to my scene and export it, the map doesn't have lights? Am I suppose to name the lights to something else?

3) Naming an object in 3DS Max as pass_something is meaning player can go through it like HellSniper posted, correct?

4) How would I apply texture into an object? I seem to be doing something wrong that doesn't show the material correctly.

5) How do I make sky animation move like in Town?

6) Do I only use the name tag, "obj_#," for only that can do animations such as fire (Dungeon), sky clouds (Town), snow (Snow_Town), etc?

7) If I were to name a dummy, "spawn_item_solo_ap03_##," will it be able to place a AP spawn in the map? I noticed that the 'ap03' is something from the XML files from the worlditem.xml in system.mrs or the server files. And 'solo' is for the game mode type such as Deathmatch, Berserker, etc..

8) What happens if I named a camera, "wait_pos_01"?

9) What will "sun_Dummy" if I named a light that or something?

I think that's about it for now. If I have any more questions that needs answering, I'll ask.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
oh, That what I want to figure out. I tried your max file and exported it to .elu and works fine, but when I create a plane similar like yours it still have the same problem but when I clon your plane It works good , so I'm wondering how you create that plane or did you add sth else?

This what i have when I exporte your max file, the blue one is what i created and the green is a clone
Anju - Questions (3DS Max & GunZ) - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
All i did was create a plane, change it to an editable polygon, went inside the element and rotated the face 90° facing forward, applied the texture, and exported.

Are you rotating the object or the face? That may cause the problem. Make sure you are not rotating the pivot, but only rotating the face itself.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Oh that what i was missing, thanks now It look gook :D
i never rotate it, but now it works
Thanks you.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think 3dsmax threads should be sticked in one thread

Upvote 0
2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Never thought a thread about couple questions would being something like this. xP

No one ever asks questions around here, they just beg and beg for people to spoon feed them all the way through. I have no problem spending 10-20min, hell even an hour, answering questions, but when I am doing the whole project for someone it isn't worth it. I think this is the same for anyone who has the ability to share and help.

Ask more questions, get more answers. o.o

I would much rather do it this way then show someone on MSN as well, seeing that I help multiple people this way rather than just wasting effort on a single person who may or may not actually use what I show.

The only thing better would be a live stream in Q and A form, now that would be efficient.

Upvote 0
In Progress... FFXIV...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No one ever asks questions around here, they just beg and beg for people to spoon feed them all the way through. I have no problem spending 10-20min, hell even an hour, answering questions, but when I am doing the whole project for someone it isn't worth it. I think this is the same for anyone who has the ability to share and help.

I would much rather do it this way then show someone on MSN as well, seeing that I help multiple people this way rather than just wasting effort on a single person who may or may not actually use what I show.

The only thing better would be a live stream in Q and A form, now that would be efficient.

Very true, indeed.

Upvote 0
Reaction score

Words of Wisdom.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
How resize work on .elu ?
i was resizing in 3d max and then exported it to .elu but nothing happens, so I'm wondering how it works to .elu reconize it.

Upvote 0
2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A)
1. Scale Object Inside of the Element
B)
1. Scale the Object By Pivot Point
2. Go To Third Tab (Hierarchy)
3. Hit Reset Scale*
*Picture Below

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
A)
1. Scale Object Inside of the Element
B)
1. Scale the Object By Pivot Point
2. Go To Third Tab (Hierarchy)
3. Hit Reset Scale*
*Picture Below

Actually I did what you say, This is the max
so, why the .ani dont show the animation?

Upvote 0
In Progress... FFXIV...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The only problem I am having is that every time I export my map that I made, it doesn't show the lightmap in the WorldEdit. When I looked into HellSniper's Arena map, it has a bright light in the center of the map (if you enable the "Show Lightmap" option). When I do that to my custom made map, it doesn't show any lights. It is as if the WorldEdit only show my map that I exported without the lightmap.

Upvote 0
Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The only problem I am having is that every time I export my map that I made, it doesn't show the lightmap in the WorldEdit. When I looked into HellSniper's Arena map, it has a bright light in the center of the map (if you enable the "Show Lightmap" option). When I do that to my custom made map, it doesn't show any lights. It is as if the WorldEdit only show my map that I exported without the lightmap.
You dolt have to hit genereate lightmap first.
How would you display something that doesnt exist yet.
The preview is only the compiled map data and nothing more, so if you are missing the lightmap then its not displayed.
In oder to get the lightmap you have to tell worldedit to generate it in the first place.

Upvote 0
In Progress... FFXIV...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
3DS Max view

WorldEdt view (no lightmap generated)

I'm probably being an idiot for my stupidity.

Here's my .MAX file:

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
when you export your map with 3ds, it does NOT make a lightmap. it just puts the light co-ordinates and values in the xml.
open your map in worldedit, go the to 'work' tab, generate lightmap. tinker with the settings if you want, or just press OK. it should generate your lightmap now

Upvote 0
2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You are using the wrong light type. You are using "Free Light" which has some options that cannot be used by RS2, thus it isn't exported correctly.

First Go To Standard:

Then Select Omni Here:

and I have explained how to generate lightmaps in my first post.

Upvote 0
Back