Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ragezone's Current Situation....

The Shaman of Sexy!
Legend
Reaction score
I doubt I need to go in to much detail to let even the most clueless of people know whats going on. So long story short, this entire forum is literally hanging on to dear life.

What a waste, a forum thats been open since 2001 and has grown, expanded and developed so much in its time maybe R.I.P very soon. I for one would be totally guttered if all this hard work dies out. Because when and IF this forum goes down it may never come back up because of funding.

This is the type of situation where this community has got to band together and make sure RaGZONE lives!.

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I really wish I could donate, but the greenlight system doesn't work for me. And I have no other way of donating.

Sorry Dan, I wish I could help.

The Shaman of Sexy!
Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, that would suck if RZ went down. I wish I could donate. :|

This seems to be a major problem with so many users on this forum...Because there not from Europe they can't seem to donate. With everything thats been said so far this whole situation seems completely hopeless ><.

But having said that, Dan has only received 50 pounds so far...What the hell is that about ? Half of that was from me ffs. With the amount of people that use this forum on a daily basis each person donating just 5 pounds would total up pretty high.

Unless your living in a 3rd world country, how would donating just a fiver break your wallet. C'mon people -_-.

The Shaman of Sexy!
Legend
Reaction score
Well he said GreenLight won't get to him until 2009 and the Nochex keeps timing out whenever I try, and believe me I've tried on different PC's with different browsers etc..

>_> At this point it seems the only way to get the money to Dan is to make ya own way to Wales and knock on his door to hand it to him. But thats totally ridiculous, oh dear =x.

The Shaman of Sexy!
Legend
Reaction score
that thought actually crossed my mind :tongue:.

Gonna keep trying this Nochex thing (is that what you used?) and just hope I don't get billed like 90 times.

Nar mate, I used the Greenlight system. Was as easy as 1 2 3 really. Careful when you messing with online payments though because it isn't uncommon to be billed multiple times.

I tried using nochex and it mentioned something about not a UK resident :\

Yeah so many people are having this problem, but it isn't just with Nochex I believe. I'm sure the same thing is happening if you was to use the Greenlight system to. And Dan's paypal isn't up to speed yet is it ?.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Should dan insert Advertisements to help him pay the fee's? I wouldn't mind hitting a few adverts every 12hours and or use referal links to get him money. If he had PayPal up i would donate a few pounds but i can't spend that much since its like over my withdraw limit.

The Shaman of Sexy!
Legend
Reaction score
Should dan insert Advertisements to help him pay the fee's? I wouldn't mind hitting a few adverts every 12hours and or use referal links to get him money. If he had PayPal up i would donate a few pounds but i can't spend that much since its like over my withdraw limit.

If I listened correctly, then Dan does have plenty of Advertisements already. I'm not 100% sure though so don't take that as gospel =p.

Whats frustrating is, theres plenty of people on this forum that are from the UK who can donate without trouble. Donating a couple of pounds per person would go along way. It just goes to show how much people give a toss. Although Ragezone doesn't expect you to pay to use this forum it deserves credit because its a massive resource and people just take it for granted...

Reaction score

I agree, google ads :eek:!

Tbh, If I had the money I would pay for the entire damn forum but I don't. Being a student sucks.

The Shaman of Sexy!
Legend
Reaction score
I agree, google ads :eek:!

Tbh, If I had the money I would pay for the entire damn forum but I don't. Being a student sucks.

The cost per-month for this forum is mind blowing trust me...I personally dunno how he's kept it up for so long, well I do but its more of a "wow I can't believe it" sorta thing. Anyways thats a different story.

Legendary Trio - Chocolate Rain
Legend
Reaction score
I wish I had the money to spare but atm I'm strapped for cash and what I have I need for food and rent, if I had any I wouldn't hesitate.

after the rageparty moreover the fact that I've been here for 3 years now and made some very good friends I really don't want to see this place die.

the amount of nubs thinking that they can buy Rz aswell is pissing me off.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think these nice blue sides panels on this "smaller" skin should be used for advertisement. And if people have like the wide skin then a nice banner up top should do nicely.

People just tend to leech of this website and use downloads from other groups as resource and stuff, so people tend to give up on their work and say this website is just poop and fully of leechers, then they end up never coming back or even helping the website because they know its just going to be a used project.

But matters like this when people realize that the website has been down for several weeks on end, people will start getting frustrated and making threads saying "Duh! What happened to the website guys?! Duh!" (when it final comes back alive, and IF)

As soon as the website hits the ground then i don't mind lending dan a place to redirect to, saying and stating that the website is down due to not being able to pay the debt.

And if this website does die, i know that there will be replicas but made by other people and i know it just won't feel the same.

Note: How much space is the database and web host he is using?

Back