• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Rainbow sheep and fluffy ponies... wait, what?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

You will know me as Doctor Hax. But in real life I am a geneticist and have a Ph.D. in genetics. Genetics is the basic programming of life. *He says tossing the sheepskin out the window* I am also an avid gamer and surfed into your forum when I saw people talking about Star Trek Online. But now I see you have methods in place to operate these games locally should they ever go off line. I am here to learn. This is what I would like to do in my spare time;

• DONE Learn to set up a simple local only server, nothing too complex.
  • Learn to create a launcher for any game.
  • Apply what I learn to other online games I like to play.

This is for my own amusement and not a grand plan to create a private server of my own. I have access to Linux (my preferred OS of choice) as well as some various flavors of Windows here and there. I know some basics about computers, but assume I know nothing, for it is the beginning of all wisdom.

Now where should I begin?

Last edited:
Back