• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Re: Game_2467 run time error help please

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I am using the 2477 Client by client KPT Tolrok and occurs the same problem as I fix this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Apparently related to in some way... but that's too old to be bumping in the main forum. :eek:tt1: Please don't do it again oracl3, it is an infractable offence listed in the main forum rules (several times) and the forum even warns you about it before posting.:thumbdown:

Reaction score

KPT exe is very thingy about edited maps/missing files.
I finally got it to work with a ePT install of the game, but had to remove all my edited maps, skill animation effects, edited weapon files and copy over the Handes.dll from KPT.

Basically your best bet is to just install a fresh copy of KPT.
Mixing clients with different installs is not a good idea.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Mixing clients with different installs is not a good idea.
It's an excellent idea... if you do it right.

Basically, you should take the client you are going to develop (probably Korean or Japanese) and move over English or Brazilian... Spanish maybe, or Chinese BMP, TGA and SIN files, replacing them by name, and more importantly, image match.

Open them both up in an image viewer and if they have the same dimensions and look the same, move over the ones in your preferred language.

[highlight]Do not simply copy the executable into the folder of a different client.[/highlight] So far, they mostly just use a different directory structure, but there are some files with different names in the ePT and bPT clients. ^_^ (Oh... jPT has some written in Japanese, which won't even install right unless you use Japanese Windows or run the setup via AppLocal set to Japanese :lol:)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

It's an excellent idea... if you do it right.
:lol:)

not with 2477. There are alot of extra DLL's to insure that the correct files are used and not mixed and matched with other clients, yes, if you can find EVERY dependency, yes its fine. If not, dont bother. The files will not run unless you have every dependency with the new client.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

There are no dependencies to Bitmaps, Targas or Sin text. If you are only replacing image for image and text (Sin files are chat and warp menus) for text, there can't be anything missing... can there? Especially if (as I advise) you base you comparison on the content.

I know a couple of tools which can compare for similar image content that can help speed the process... I'll see if I can dig out a copy to share later.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

It is a KPT client... so that would have to be your base. But as I said before, you can replace the bitmap text and sin files for ones in your preferred language. :wink: Unless gzuz dlls checksum? Why would he do that in a dev client?

Back