Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

recommended computer for the new star wars game

Reaction score
What kind of setup would you guys recommend for a new setup to play the new star wars game coming out at the end of the year. This is for a friend, he has a budget of roughly 1500 cad, would like it to be less.

Thanks

Reaction score

This.

I'd go for the budget gamer build tbh. Depending on what prices you can get in Canada, he could keep around $900 from his budget to use on something else. Or use some of that on monitor + peripherals if he doesn't already have them.

It won't last him as long as the i5 'Enthusiast' build, but since he paid less than half for the budget build he'll be more inclined to upgrade in another 2-3 years.

Trying to build a PC that will last you 5-10 years is pointless. When it comes to gaming PC's you have to think short-term.

Reaction score
If you throw in a little more cash, you can get a more juicy GPU, and might want to bump the PSU up aswell then, and/or get an SSD for booting and a little bigger HDD for storage.

I'd try a 560, 6950 or if you are willing to spend more a 6970 (there are versions of the 6950 that can be softmodded into a 6970!) or 580. But that's all up to you. I doubt Star Wars will require all that. I'd recommend a 750w minimum PSU for that.

I see that the motherboard is crossfire compatible, you could look at that. Do note that I have no experience with dual gpu setups so I won't be able to help you out with that :/

And of course, as Rish said: monitor, mouse/keyboard (I've been using mid-end logitech stuff all my life and never found myself to need any of that Razer brand stuff), WiFi network card if necessary, extra cooling (case allowing, of course), SD-card reader, etc.

I'm pretty convinced you won't need a faster CPU or more RAM. Throw in a blu-ray reader/writer (afaik they are compatible with cds and dvds!) for fun, instead of the cd/dvd :p

Back