Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Advanced Register

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A new Register including CSRF protection and Email verification. I've used the same Bootstrap template as in my first Register. Basically all you need to do is replace YOURPASSWORDHERE and YOUREMAILHERE.

If you have any troubles setting it up feel free to contact me! In future I'd like to code server specific stuff - add me on Discord if you're interested in that (I'll keep my DiscordTag updated on my About Me page).

Code:
https://mega.nz/file/oeZGjaDQ#qfKW9n2DKfTSJ8u-usP2KEOHQkPTiIAXz8M6XCA9BSk

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just want to say thank you for working on this and putting your effort into helping the community. Great job. Keep up the good work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Receiving such kind words really makes the work pay off. Thank you!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Decent work, tho many of the fiesta scene here doesn't have an SMTP server, so the function mail will be useless. Unless they have a smtp server. I would recommend Swift Message if you are familiar with it. But in general nice and neat work. I like the idea that you have to enter a correct email, and when you get the register finalization from email, it makes less un-necessary accounts ingame. Good job

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is really easy to setup. You should definitely take a look at it! You can do it locally with 127.0.0.1 for testing purposes. Yeah I don't like having the database flooded that's why I made it send an email and create the user for finalization.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
everyone of us got a smtp server since u can configure php to use for example ur googlemail account
to send emails, so it should be not that difficult to use that integrated email verification. ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't think you'll be able to do that without third party to handle the login to Google :w00t:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't think you'll be able to do that without third party to handle the login to Google :w00t:
Why not? Did something change in php 7+ about mail() function? If not i will be able, got it running like that 5 years ago and it works fine.

see here:
take a look to the "Simple Transmission Protocol (SMTP)" section
respect that u need to add additional lines to your php.ini/sendmail.ini to add login credentials of your mail service.

Setting up / host an own smtp/mail server can be very difficult if you dont exactly know what to do, you need a domain, you need a valid mx record pointing to the mail service in case you dont want your mails to be rejected by any other mail server and of course you have to make sure that you dont create an "open relay" by misconfiguring things.
So its the better and maybe much more secure way to use an existing and verified mail server to send your mails from especially for beginners that need to use those register scripts in lack of knowledge how to code it by themselves.

Last edited:
Back