Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release]City Of Heroes/City Of Villains Source Code [NCSOFT FINAL VERSION]

Reaction score
Well, the guy who owned the pserver for 6 years he got doxxed thats why the first src was was dropped on the discord, he even received threats and pictures from outside his house if he didnt release the src. He actually did. the released code here is i24, the guy him self didnt have the .bins and .pigs that matches this source code. There wasnt i25 from the developer he developed that him self with his team, he dont want to release the currently working i25 because he doesnt wanna expose the name of the people worked on it. Further more 2 days ago when the 188gb archive dropped, it was dropped to him, There are even a team that scrabbing the archive to get released. there are few coders channel that shows only to whoever in the discord role. there are alot of people is still working. I dont care acutally if the data gets scrabbed or not or even released. what i mean is who the hell cares about the devs emails or w/e, comparing the amount of srcs that was released here it almost contains sensitive information and we dont even care about them. I think the guy Leo who owns the pserver he doesnt want what happened to him, to happen to the devs if there are sensitive information in the archive. I didnt get it my self nor im one of the scrabbers. I have friends scrabbing also they are from RZ here but thats how they guy him self wants everything to work. Give it time, everything will be shared the coders are still trying to figure out the .bins structures because they dont have it. so no map server.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thx for the explanation MeGaMaX, please if you can/want keep us updated... the discord for my taste is very chaotic... :\

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
He created fake news and released an incomplete src To promote his game His game will be loud Makes more people interested

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He created fake news and released an incomplete src To promote his game His game will be loud Makes more people interested

Well if that is the case it is working becouse 14000 people are playing right now XD By the way I am sensierly hoping that is not the case. That's my worse fears. In time there will be all revealed, but if that is the case i will still not join up to play with it... I want a server like nwo. Not to play on someone's server and paying for him all microtransactions and all...

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
*.template + *.attribute files

Thx @GigaToni. I just want to see clear, these files is needed for...? To the database? Or what for? I mean what theese are actually? I just getting to be friend with the server structure and whatnot.

Reaction score
qnFXxGT - [Release]City Of Heroes/City Of Villains Source Code [NCSOFT FINAL VERSION] - RaGEZONE Forums

Progressing :D
Flyer8472 its the database template files, this way when you change something in the template file the database gets updated automagically

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

There is a new archive, doc.rar for cryptic engine. I uploaded to the drive folder.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks like NCSoft brought the hammer down on the SCORE Server that was being hosted and a lot of people are going dark. Dunno if they're gonna release that 188GB leak now.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah who knows tbh. Sounds like they are running off with the donations too. The whole thing just seems... sketchy lol. I really hope one of the people with access still choose to dump the archive but my gut feeling is that they will disappear and some new server will magically appear in a few months.

They drew way too much attention to that discord if Im being honest.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks like NCSoft brought the hammer down on the SCORE Server that was being hosted and a lot of people are going dark. Dunno if they're gonna release that 188GB leak now.

Sources? Details?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sources? Details?

It's on the Discord in the Server Updates section.

"We have some bad news, folks. This server, as of right now, has to be shut down indefinitely. We are on a direct course for legal action. As such, steps must be taken in order to protect the people involved in this project, their families, and their futures. As with all of you, we are heartbroken. We wanted to see our City return, but to do so at the destruction of the lives of those involved is too great a risk to take. However, this project is not finished. We will continue to work towards the revival of City of Heroes with all efforts that we can make. We cannot give you all a time frame at this time. We are in discussions to do what we can to revive some form of the server, however we do not wish to commit to a point in the future that we may not be able to reach. You have trusted us to this point. We ask you to extend that trust, and we will in turn do everything within our power to prove to you that we are deserving of it. To everyone who has donated time, blood, sweat and tears, and logged in to prove that this game still wishes to live - we thank you, from the bottom of our hearts. This first step could not have been taken without you, and it is you, the most dedicated fanbase in the world, that will keep us moving forward. Just remember we did the impossible this weekend. We will see you all in Paragon City again. City of Heroes does not die today. /em hold torch"

"As it stands, we are heading into legal fuckery. My hands are shaking as I type this up, so please bear with me. The entire project is in jeopardy, but the only feasible solution we have is for me to set up an LLC and fight what is happening at this time. I am risking everything for a community I love. I am doing everything I can to defend those who were involved in this situation. I am going to get fucked sideways over the next few months to years, and things are going to put me into some major legal turmoil. I will have lawyers out the butt, and I will be put into personal jeopardy. This is a project I am going to sink with, and I WILL do everything in my power to get done. I am praying for mercy right now. I am extremely emotional right now and I feel the ten years I once decidated to this game is being ripped out from under me again. I appeciate the support I've had from the community. I have to break the one promise I wanted with every fiber of my bewing to uphold, since I'm just a Ducking semi truck driver. A Ducking. Truck driver. I am going down on this ship. This is my hill to fdie on. I will fight tootyh and nail to get EVERYTHING we fought for back. I know its tough asking anonymous for support, but I'm in for a rough Ducking right. I have no way to make a closing statement, so I may as well go as Ducking cheesy as I can. Glory to Arachnos."

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mapsdb link:

Also they posted a tutorial:
1. Get MSSQL setup, run setup schemas and remove the bad paths to execute.
2. Setup configs with NoAuthServer 1, unless you wanna deal with doing manual table editing for Auth Server
3. Put client pigg files in your bin directory, basically copy-paste /piggs/ in, do not unpack.
4. Put unpacked server bin files in /data/ under your bin directory with exes, should end up near your templates, etc. if you follow the directory tree.
5. Setup client shortcut with -db [ip] -project coh -noverify
6. Assuming you're building your own binaries, patch dbserver to remove version check in login, patch container_data.c on line 117 to a "goto failed;" instead of the return 0 and compile
7. Remainder is config editing and having the maps.db and other poop, which I'm not going into rn

Also an update:

For those who are asking, we are working on a new torrent that contains everything up until these past few hours so that we can share it. We are *not* withholding anything, so please just wait. Let's not flood this channel for asks as we are using it to collaborate on code and make progress

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just fyi i guess an up to date torrent is being assembled right now

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am not in the dev group but I did save all public coding discord chats in case there is goid info in there. I would expect the discord could poof anytime lol.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am not in the dev group but I did save all public coding discord chats in case there is goid info in there. I would expect the discord could poof anytime lol.
If you have it and you are sharing it all in one i will help you to make a mirror or host a torrent. Just ask me. This source we could not let to go disappear. Not again.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Shared chat logs with Flyer for mirroring purposes. Still waiting on the torrent.

Last edited:
Back