Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Devil Hunters Source code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
non taken,
maybe this is a western slang, thought it was obvious.

"dont tell me you hit a showstopper/brickwall?"

meaning if your crashes or errors made while trying to run the app with this game came to a halt, dead end, hit a wall, where nothing further could be done
leaving it all to an unusuable state.

capichi? :)
"Don't tell me that the game crashes when you try to run" maybe ?

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Tip: try works with region language in Chinese.
Tip 2: Use AppLocale and still get same error
nPKT6VT - [RELEASE] Devil Hunters Source code - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
I got the Debug config almost working.. Still got these unresolved externals.. It should be in CEGUIBase but I assume it's bugged like the others (All the errors are due to using the _D [DEBUG] version of the libs.)

1>AnimPlayerComponent.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall CEGUI::AnimPlayerMgr::SetPosition(class CEGUI::String const &,float,float)" (__imp_?SetPosition@AnimPlayerMgr@CEGUI@@QAEXABVString@2@MM@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CAnimPlayerComponent::Update(float)" (?Update@CAnimPlayerComponent@@QAEXM@Z)

EDIT:

About the main issue:

I removed line (commented) 1318 from OgreWrapper.cpp, still get those errors but I'll be sure to figure it out.
---------------------------
Exception
OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Unable to locate fragment program called Ogre/BasicFragmentPrograms/SimpleFP. in GpuProgramUsage::setProgramName at G:\±øÆ÷\kk2\code\contrib\ogre-v1-7-0\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreGpuProgramUsage.cpp (line 73)
OK

Reaction score
"Don't tell me that the game crashes when you try to run" maybe ?

He meant that he hoped you guys didn't run into some unsolvable issue, or a really complex problem that can't easily be solved, since he was just setting up his dev environment and didn't want to waste his time if it turns out this release is bunk. (which doesn't seem to be the case)

I got the Debug config almost working.. Still got these unresolved externals.. It should be in CEGUIBase but I assume it's bugged like the others (All the errors are due to using the _D [DEBUG] version of the libs.)

EDIT:

About the main issue:

I removed line (commented) 1318 from OgreWrapper.cpp, still get those errors but I'll be sure to figure it out.

For your issue with the unresolved external, make sure the missing symbol actually exists, if it does and you are linking the lib its contained in, make sure the symbol is being included in the build/being compiled.

As for the main issue (crashing inside OgreWrapper) you might have to tear it up a bit to get it in a working state, It might require some rewriting of the wrapper or reconfiguring of OGRE. I havn't taken a look at this particular set of files, but this is based off of BladeCraft (Age of Weapon) and it had similar issues and I think rewriting some stuff was the proposed solution.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
maybe need add GameLibrary -> Properties -> Preprocessor "PACKET_MANAGER_H"
compile = many errors :(
it is probably in order to use PAK files

Reaction score
I checked it 3 times. All libs are correct and exists. The problem (As I already said :)) is the _d (Debug) libs are missing some functions from the release lib...

About the issue in OgreWrapper: Thanks. I'll look at it :)

Staff member
Reaction score
I am also working on this game as well.

Heres where I am as of right now

adastmin - [RELEASE] Devil Hunters Source code - RaGEZONE Forums

So we move forward from here.

Edit~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So it turns out anytime we try creating a new singleton with SGameParameter::Instance()
It will crash with an itterator issue... Comment out lines 1318 and 1361 in OgreWrapper.cpp and set a breakpoint on line 342 of camera actor and step into it multiple times. You will see when we try and create the singleton
we crash.
DNC do you have any experience with Ogre3d?

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the meantime, perhaps you'd like the original source code. (you'll still need the adastmin released files for database blah blah)

Download link:

unlock code:
Code:
c86d

Extraction password
Code:
庸人方自扰

System Locale, Chinese (Simplified PRC) for using password, extracting files, working with the files. Just so it is noted.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have no idea what he has going on in those files. (Not saying their wrong, just different)
The release I posted is the original source.
Notice the same build options, but there is only a source and bin folder in these files.

/shrug

Anyhow image:

AkRdxv9 - [RELEASE] Devil Hunters Source code - RaGEZONE Forums

1cD1AcF - [RELEASE] Devil Hunters Source code - RaGEZONE Forums

Downloading still. I'll compare afterwards.

In the source I posted...
When you open the AWTool solution, you'll need to change the location of GameLibrary.vcproj
You'll find it:
Source\Typhoon\GameLibrary\GameLibrary.vcproj
Not where it was looking in:
P:\Devil_Hunter\Source\Library\GameLibrary\GameLibrary.vcproj

Just noting it.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
DNC said:
Question:
Why is Age of Weapons code mixed in with these files????
kk2\code <---- is Not part of Devil Hunter, but a part of Age of Weapons.

Probably someone who also works on Age Of Weapon.. i wonder who he was.. :lol:

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
EDITED
I'm going to be nice and not make a scene, I'll consider looking at this later tomorrow.
XaDTaai - [RELEASE] Devil Hunters Source code - RaGEZONE Forums

;)

I can comfirm files are different. The "orginal" ones dont even launch

Attachments

Reactions: DNC
Reaction score
Then you built it wrong. :-(
Possibly configured wrong.

Do Not spam videos in this thread again
Second.
REBUILD ALL

You didn't build crap, it said they were there, so ignored them.... /sigh

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Then you built it wrong. :-(
Possibly configured wrong.

Do Not spam videos in this thread again
Second.
REBUILD ALL

You didn't build crap, it said they were there, so ignored them.... /sigh
I built them previously. I can make a VIDEO where I BUILD THEM and prove to you once again youre wrong ^_^

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
You know I can't stop LOL'ing over here in skype... Just saying. *cough* who was wrong?
**cough** **cough** still not built yet, wait a bit

Application has crashed. **cough** **cough**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back