• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Release] Fallout® 2 OpenSource

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
zwoorelook - [Release] Fallout® 2 OpenSource - RaGEZONE Forums

Falltergeist conceived as an alternative opensource game engine to Fallout 2 and Fallout 1. This is why for his development of selected SDL and C ++. Falltergeist has no resources of their game, so his work requires the original game resources Fallout.

Together with the engine developed libfalltergeist library which allows to work with the original game resources. Library is conceived as a totally independent from the engine module, which in theory would allow its use in the project.

What has been implemented for the moment:
  • . It is displayed from the beginning of a new game and exit.
  • . Allows you to choose a character from a predefined set. You can create a new character or edit the selected.
  • . Allows you to edit a character, change its name, sex, age. There is a choice of the character abilities.
  • . Allows you to upload some locations and to scroll them. There is an animation.
  • Virtual Machine - allows you to load and execute the original script of the game. While that is not supported by a lot of functions.

You can get Falltergeist source code from github.com:

You can get original game resources from:

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
long ago i posted fallout online client+server
whats the difference with mine? just wondering

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
long ago i posted fallout online client+server
whats the difference with mine? just wondering

Sorry I'm just sharing something I have in my laptop. Could send link of your post pos'm not getting find

Back