• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Release] Latest EVEmu Compile (07/18/2015)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi mate.
I'll leave all the details for allan to tell, but long things short - the server is down atm. He's ok, but offline.

Cheers!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It appears none of the previous evemulator projects are returning and as a long-time fan of the project, I hate seeing it repeatedly disappear... so I've decided to take the reigns, at least as far as hosting what should now be a permanent home.

If anyone has access to the old EVEmu Forums or Wiki databases (not the Wikia instance), I will try to restore that data as well, otherwise we're starting over. The site is new and we're still laying the carpet and painting the walls, but it's a home.

See you there
~JA
PS: I do not frequent RZ so if you have questions about the community or continuing development efforts, get a hold of me via the .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey mate.
Good idea. Not sure Mobbel will be putting stuff back,anyways.
However, your links seem to be either dead or blocked (403 Forbidden error), so you might want to check your web-server settings.
As for project parts - there was some fork (which wasn't updated for a few months already) and there is allan's development (which is down for approx. 1 more week - until he gets RL stuff sorted out), so project's not dead per-se - long cycles of silence and lethargy is pretty normal when it comes to EVEmu lol.

Cheers!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
However, your links seem to be either dead or blocked (403 Forbidden error), so you might want to check your web-server settings.
Hmm, might be my blacklist I get from Okean. I'll remove that for now, see if you can get to me after that. Ironic that I shout "we're never going down again!!1" and the first visitor gets a 403 ~grin~

As for allan, I sent him a PM here so hopefully I'll hear from him. I'd like to merge our efforts, if possible, and fly under one banner... but if not, we're going to go our own way just the same. And you're right, about the silence of space... poor EVEmu really seems to take a beating over the years. My goal is to put an end to that. I have a reputation for longevity, if nothing else :)

Hope to see you there.
John

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm living over there too, :). If you have development abilities and want to contribute, we'd appreciate the support, though it will obviously be quite a long-term project. John seems to have a really good handle on the project reins.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If anyone has access to the old EVEmu Forums or Wiki databases......
As DaVinci said, Mobbel had all this info, and we were told it was deleted.
the site host had no files or data for the evemu.net site (l looked myself), and no explanation of what happened.
there are no backups of the old evemu.net or evemu.org data.
as for wanting to "take over" evemu, i dont have those reigns to give. i am just a curator of sorts for the git repo.
i know of you, and your reputation, and i understand your wish to make EvEmu.* a more permanent fixture, and i respect that, but this is not something i have control over.
the domains have been lost to a holding company.
Code:
EVEMU.NET
[B]Registrant Contact[/B]

[COLOR=#666666]Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666]Registration Expiration Date:[/COLOR][COLOR=#666666] 2017-04-17
[/COLOR]

on the request of handing over my work on Alasiya EvEmu, that's not going to happen. ask ccp if they will give you their server source.
there are a few posts and other links as to my reasons. there is even a lengthy rant on my forum about it.
as your dev blog states "The source code moving forward (from the git-svn 1856 revision) will be CLOSED SOURCE. ", so would you take your closed source and just "hand over the project to someone who will build a permanent community".
no?
me either.

alasiya has been around since late fall of 1997.
even tho it wasnt a very big hit (topping out with ~50 players on SphereServer's Ultima Online, or with ~20 on Trinity's WoW, and now with ~25 on EvEmu), it has been online for a while.
my point is this...im obviously not going anywhere, and neither are my servers.
your idea of making a permanent site for official evemu is noble, and i have considered it myself for a while. i havent done it yet because of a possible conflict-of-interest of sorts between official evemu and the alasiya branch, and the confusion it may bring.

there is another branch that may be interested in what you offer, tho i dont know their current status or much about them besides they are working crucible and some other recent client. search for eve-moo (formerly avianrr) and speak with them. i do know they need help.

Hi Zyenathalous

I have been trying to go to your web page at but I can't get on that page, I was going to catch up on the fourm not looked in for a bit.

I hope all is ok
Thanks for your concern, and all was not ok. i am outside baton rouge, la, and we were one of the many, many families that lost our home (and most of our possessions) to the major flooding that occurred 12 aug 16. (google "baton rouge flood 2016" for info if ya want)

we are now in a new home, and i have my servers back online.
you should be able to access my site and forums now.

in an unrelated, but relevant note, my eve server has been updated with the current dev code, which is a major update to previous versions. this is a pre-alpha release, with a clean db and much added functionality and stability. there are still bugs and minor problems to work out, and much playtesting is needed.
all accounts were migrated to new db.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey Allan, first let me say I'm sorry for the Aug situation, and I'm glad to hear you have recovered some - though I guess you never fully recover from loss.

as your dev blog states "The source code moving forward (from the git-svn 1856 revision) will be CLOSED SOURCE. ", so would you take your closed source and just "hand over the project to someone who will build a permanent community".
no?
me either.
To put an end-cap on this, the only reason I set up shop as a closed source project was waiting to talk to you, because I knew your efforts were closed source and I would have respected that, had you wished to join forces (because, of course I wanted to get my filthy hands on your code). Otherwise, an open source model is what I usually offer.

I also apologize because I had no knowledge of alasiya prior to my investigation into "where did evemu go this time?", and for assuming you were 'just another branch' that popped up. I can see you are in it for the long haul, and that I can appreciate.

Welcome back, and best wishes to you in your endeavors.
~J

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
there are no backups of the old evemu.net or evemu.org data.
Well, there are actually ^_^
However, it's not a forum/wiki DB dumps - i just crawled both old and new forums (mmoforge and evemu.org), including the wiki.Doubt it'll be of any use, because it's a pain in the butt to extract that data.
Besides, there was one man who took the wiki dump and transferred it to . As far as i see now - it's not a 100% transfer, but all necessary data is there.

Cheers!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I guess evemulator.com and all subpages are unavailable again - Error 403

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
to all interested...
it's been a long time since this was last touched, and im resurrecting a mostly-dead thread here to announce there have been some major updates to the EvEmu project.

My private Alasiya-EvEmu code has been merged with official EvEmu. it is now available to all.

the new project repo can be found here:

there is still some data that needs to be updated and a few other things we are working on moving over, but 80% of my personal code has been merged into public source.

we are still active and working to improve stability as well as adding features to the current server.

i should also note this is a learning project.
we are not supporting operations of public servers, both free and paid, nor do we condone such operations.

discussions should be directed to our discord.

thanks to all who have supported this.

- Allan

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
to all interested...
it's been a long time since this was last touched, and im resurrecting a mostly-dead thread here to announce there have been some major updates to the EvEmu project.

My private Alasiya-EvEmu code has been merged with official EvEmu. it is now available to all.

the new project repo can be found here:

there is still some data that needs to be updated and a few other things we are working on moving over, but 80% of my personal code has been merged into public source.

we are still active and working to improve stability as well as adding features to the current server.

i should also note this is a learning project.
we are not supporting operations of public servers, both free and paid, nor do we condone such operations.

discussions should be directed to our discord.

thanks to all who have supported this.

- Allan

WOW, last time I messed around with this was a very very long time ago. Odd thing is I was just thinking about this yesterday when I was playing a game called Astrox Imperium, and I commented in my video how I would pay big dollars if the dev team of Eve Online released a EVE Unlimited version for us folks who wish to create our own server/local play like the dev's have done for WURM Online.

Exactly how far has this emu version come?

Last time I installed the software it hardly had anything too it. It lacked so much content that it was pointless to even install.

I just wish to say thank You for the progress you had made.

Cheers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
..... I commented in my video how I would pay big dollars if the dev team of Eve Online released a EVE Unlimited version ....
oh yeah? i'll get you my paypal info! ;)

Exactly how far has this emu version come?
I have gotten all client calls coded, albeit some are only skeleton code and/or POC.
we estimate current progress around 55-60% with most systems actually responding properly.
for a better system listing, see . This page is only slightly out of date.
for ss of things while i was working on them, see .

I just wish to say thank You for the progress you had made.
thanks. i appreciate that.

you should also note:
when running a private server for you (and few friends), it will be VERY empty, and a little unnerving. while there's much more to do now in my version, its a vast change from live.

- Allan

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
the website says that one server is still online,is there way to connect to it? i know this is old thread and archeology is bad but im curious as i have problems to get my evemu working (stuck on docker stuff) aaand wanted to see how its working before i get my stuff to work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
there is one still running but you cant play it as there is no client provided to download and use

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If somebody has the client for this version and wants to share with the community, that'd be pretty sweet. I'd also like to take a peek into this emu, but I don't have a client version that'll work, sadly.

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i want to test too,but the game ui and controls are kinda bad,i tried the official and was soooo confussing

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
this guide work fine?

Back