Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Server DBO Tw Version

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When performing the skills, the client will crash back to the desktop, how can I fix it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try with this

Tried this client, but still crash. The GameServer.exe returning this:
ivanlamega - [Release] Server DBO Tw Version - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does it happen to you with any skill?It is rare, it was public for several months and that never happened. Try to run it in debug mode and put a breakpoint, also the handles of both the mob and another player are the same, probably the error is due to the handle

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does it happen to you with any skill?It is rare, it was public for several months and that never happened. Try to run it in debug mode and put a breakpoint, also the handles of both the mob and another player are the same, probably the error is due to the handle
It happened nearly on all skills, only basic skill work. Can you show me how to fix the error of the handles? I've no idea about it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What branch have you compiled?
Did you make any modifications

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it caused by buff function, I guess you need to change something in buff function
if you comment the buff usage , it will allow you to use some skill eg: SKILL_DD_TYPE skill etc
But sometimes caused by the handle function, still debuting!
You can try it yourself with debug mode

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
good that you found the error, now you must find how to fix it, or make the system yourself :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank You Ivan and as83426187z. I'm still trying to fix it!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
LNK1104 libboost_system-vc140-mt-1_63.lib The file cannot be opened. How can I fix this error?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This has probably already been solved tons of times but i decided to come back & take a look at this source, the fix for the skills crashing the client is under

GameServer > Source > World > Packet > Manager > SkillActionManager.cpp

Roughly line 2819 there's an else statement that leads to the fatal error, you can just comment this out & skills act as normal although might break certain buffs (Not fully tested)
I'm not very familiar with any of this yet so i'm unaware how to actually fix it, but this is more of a bandaid fix for now if you want to try it out :)

Screenshot of what i mean:

geAydtT - [Release] Server DBO Tw Version - RaGEZONE Forums

ivanlamega - [Release] Server DBO Tw Version - RaGEZONE Forums

~Edited, had the wrong path but it's fixed now :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you share the fixed 'SkillActionManager.cpp'?:laugh:

Back