Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release]Server for the players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi people, you probably don't know me but I have been developing for a few years in the background.
Our team came up with some interesting ideas and ways to make a server balanced for the players, one that is not cash shop orientated ( Not Pay2Win ).
Because Tera is now out, I have no time or money to compete with newer files, so I decided to release these and hopefully someone will continue the work and bring a decent server for the players out.

The idea is that every level counts, so it is low rates all around, but all of the content has been re arranged to cover the entire leveling span of the game, which means you could start a cap at level 30 and players would have quite a fair bit to do, right now on all servers players want to rush past the low levels to hit 100 +, the best times on fiesta were lowbie levels, it was more social, these files aim to bring that back.

There is still a fair bit to get done, I haven't kept up with the latest OS releases so there are probably things still to add into the game.

Just about 0 bugs besides the usual knock backs and stuff, binding blow was re made and works quite well, it actually has some use.

Well enjoy and I hope someone will use their common sense to bring a lasting server out that players can actually enjoy.

Files:
Server -
Client -

I'm including the website and launcher designs I did randomly use or don't, I have no need for them now:

Website -
Launcher 1 -

Launcher 2 is a 3 page concept, you will work it out when you see it, you'll either love or hate it:

Launcher 2 -

If you want the C# code for either of the launchers, ask Alsm97, he did all the code work on both, rather talented kid I think, he will probably wont give the codes for free though.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi people, you probably don't know me but I have been developing for a few years in the background.
Our team came up with some interesting ideas and ways to make a server balanced for the players, one that is not cash shop orientated ( Not Pay2Win ).

Every server without a cash shop always turns out poop, including those with Karen weapons in there.. Js.
Not really pay to win either but eh, nice release. (sun)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There was a cash shop in the idea and we would have used one, but the only things in their would be permanent costumes and skins and special event things that would never be released again.
The stats on all those things would be the same as in the game, no we would not sell weapons, that's just stupid,
The cash items that are usually sold ( charms extenders ect ), would have been dropped instead, we were removing the NPCs for cash shops and then get all of the items dropped by monsters at a low rate, lets say about 5-10% chance.
That way everyone can get items for free and those who want to can purchase limited edition things from the cash shop, we didn't care about a profit, just as long as there was a server players could actually enjoy without wasting money.

Note on drops:
Having cash items drop instead of sold for silver, means you do not need a money system, because players can farm the items instead of spending on them.
Cash systems usually cause problems with the economy, players would setup bots to spam mobs over night for silver and yes bots do exist for fiesta p servers and official, I made one myself though it's low grade rubbish lol

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There was a cash shop in the idea and we would have used one, but the only things in their would be permanent costumes and skins and special event things that would never be released again.
The stats on all those things would be the same as in the game, no we would not sell weapons, that's just stupid,
The cash items that are usually sold ( charms extenders ect ), would have been dropped instead, we were removing the NPCs for cash shops and then get all of the items dropped by monsters at a low rate, lets say about 5-10% chance.
That way everyone can get items for free and those who want to can purchase limited edition things from the cash shop, we didn't care about a profit, just as long as there was a server players could actually enjoy without wasting money.

Note on drops:
Having cash items drop instead of sold for silver, means you do not need a money system, because players can farm the items instead of spending on them.
Cash systems usually cause problems with the economy, players would setup bots to spam mobs over night for silver and yes bots do exist for fiesta p servers and official, I made one myself though it's low grade rubbish lol

it wouldnt last past a month
Cost of website hosting, dedicated server, not to mention ddos protection (which you will need, its fiesta after all) you wont get past the first month with out paying it all out of your pocket.

There is no way to make a server with out a cashshop, a real cash shop. You need a decent amount of income to keep a server up, and the way you have it set up here just wont cut it.

Reaction score
Because Tera is now out, I have no time or money to compete with newer files, so I decided to release these and hopefully someone will continue the work and bring a decent server for the players out.

The idea is that every level counts, so it is low rates all around, but all of the content has been re arranged to cover the entire leveling span of the game, which means you could start a cap at level 30 and players would have quite a fair bit to do, right now on all servers players want to rush past the low levels to hit 100 +, the best times on fiesta were lowbie levels, it was more social, these files aim to bring that back.

There is still a fair bit to get done, I haven't kept up with the latest OS releases so there are probably things still to add into the game.

Just about 0 bugs besides the usual knock backs and stuff, binding blow was re made and works quite well, it actually has some use.

Well enjoy and I hope someone will use their common sense to bring a lasting server out that players can actually enjoy.

Files:
Server -
Client -

I'm including the website and launcher designs I did randomly use or don't, I have no need for them now:

Website -
Launcher 1 -

Launcher 2 is a 3 page concept, you will work it out when you see it, you'll either love or hate it:

Launcher 2 -

If you want the C# code for either of the launchers, ask Alsm97, he did all the code work on both, rather talented kid I think, he will probably wont give the codes for free though.

I'm going to just say about the designs, because I am not a developer. They are in all honesty, vile. They haven't got a single relation to Fiesta or the theme of Fiesta.

the best times on fiesta were lowbie levels, it was more social, these files aim to bring that back.

What Fiesta have you been playing?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it wouldnt last past a month
Cost of website hosting, dedicated server, not to mention ddos protection (which you will need, its fiesta after all) you wont get past the first month with out paying it all out of your pocket.

There is no way to make a server with out a cashshop, a real cash shop. You need a decent amount of income to keep a server up, and the way you have it set up here just wont cut it.

Money was not an issue for us, like I said we did not care about profit, we were willing to pay the money from our own pockets.
I can understand that those without the finances, to pay for this setup would not be able to run it for long, but for us it would work.

I'm going to just say about the designs, because I am not a developer. They are in all honesty, vile. They haven't got a single relation to Fiesta or the theme of Fiesta.

the best times on fiesta were lowbie levels, it was more social, these files aim to bring that back.

What Fiesta have you been playing?

I did say you'll either love or hate it, quite a few graphic designers thought they were quite good for someone who has never done it before, those designs are the first things I have ever done in Photoshop, took me about a month on each since I had to learn while doing it.

During the low cap levels of OS and Gamigo, people were much more social, we did not have raid boss's to fight over, we farmed dungeons and BK weapons, level 70 blues were so hard to find, you would be considered awesome to have one and could sell it for 10 gold.
Those were the best times of fiesta, no drama, no problems, no raids, just great social farming and fun, guild wars were 1000x better back then.
But that's just my own experiences, others may have enjoyed other things more.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@munozvo5: You're wrong, players do pay because they have the urge of competition and to spend cash. It's in their blood. Even trying to be unique makes you spend cash. Anyway, I'm not gonna argue the Cash Shop as it is customizable and the files have been fully shared to the leeches to build up on our work and modify the way they get their income in their own way. I'm not saying our files are pro but there were great ideas put on.

@Lunerica: Who said it the design has to have a glimps of Fiesta in it? All Launchers that have a Fiesta character on or the words Fiesta are poop.

Oh, and he's talking about back in the days, 07-08. But I'm not sure when you started playing the game, but we the old players know what hes on about.

For those who are interested for the Launcher, I'm not selling the source code, of course not. Once somebody buys it, immediately on Ragezone. This is the first time I'll make profit out of my work and my family is going through hard economy problems as we just moved so I'm willing to help as much as possible (most will just doubt me, but i'm just being honest). So PM me on alexander_vassiliou and I'll give you a fully setup launcher.exe.

Truly appreciated from those interested!
Regards,
Alex

Reaction score
@munozvo5: You're wrong, players do pay because they have the urge of competition and to spend cash. It's in their blood. Even trying to be unique makes you spend cash. Anyway, I'm not gonna argue the Cash Shop as it is customizable and the files have been fully shared to the leeches to build up on our work and modify the way they get their income in their own way. I'm not saying our files are pro but there were great ideas put on.

@Lunerica: Who said it the design has to have a glimps of Fiesta in it? All Launchers that have a Fiesta character on or the words Fiesta are poop.

Oh, and he's talking about back in the days, 07-08. But I'm not sure when you started playing the game, but we the old players know what hes on about.

For those who are interested for the Launcher, I'm not selling the source code, of course not. Once somebody buys it, immediately on Ragezone. This is the first time I'll make profit out of my work and my family is going through hard economy problems as we just moved so I'm willing to help as much as possible (most will just doubt me, but i'm just being honest). So PM me on alexander_vassiliou and I'll give you a fully setup launcher.exe.

Truly appreciated from those interested!
Regards,
Alex

.... (facepalm)... k I think I am going to put a character from Atlantica Online, on my patcher for Fiesta Online... Oh wait that is just retarded.

And I never said the direct word Fiesta did I? No. I think we need to take you back to school to learn some stuff :). Either way, this is the FIESTA section. Not 'My server name here' section. I was generalizing based on the fact it is the fiesta section.

And No not all launchers that have a fiesta character on sucks...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Lunerica: I have nothing against you but... What you just said was fully pointless. I'm sorry. xD

Fiesta character on Launcher = too many graphics on it = irritates my eyes.
People tend to put too many colors on their launcher. Less is more.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Lunerica: I have nothing against you but... What you just said was fully pointless. I'm sorry. xD

Depends who's doing the designing.
I don't get how Fiesta Character = too many graphics.. If anything they're quite plain.
A Good GFX can make a good launcher using anything.

Also, I highly doubt you'd be willing to pay something like $4000 a month out of your own pocket if it actually got popular. Skins etc = 1 time purchase, you'd make a lot more money over time with the normal stuff.. It's better that way anyways.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Probably because I used a template to build from to learn how to make a website, they are using what I started with, which they have done nothing to.
At least I tried to be a little creative and change a fair amount of it, they have just used the template and put their name on it, like I said I was learning at the same time.
Here's the original: ( It was a free to use and edit without copy right template, made specifically for people to change for themselves )

Also please try and refrain from pointless flame wars on the thread, I just wanted to do my part towards giving the community some ideas.

Depends who's doing the designing.
I don't get how Fiesta Character = too many graphics.. If anything they're quite plain.
A Good GFX can make a good launcher using anything.

Also, I highly doubt you'd be willing to pay something like $4000 a month out of your own pocket if it actually got popular. Skins etc = 1 time purchase, you'd make a lot more money over time with the normal stuff.. It's better that way anyways.

But we did not want to make any profit, also why would a non-profit seeking group pay for a graphic designer?
If I wanted anything done, I am sure I could find someone who would want their work publicized for free, it's good advertisement for them and free/cheap for us.
The entire concept behind these files, is to create a server for players that is not Pay2Win and is about the community, not my pocket, I have enough money, why should I make another black hole for money server like everyone else?
I finished with fiesta development now anyway, just love or hate the idea and files provided, I don't mind everyone is entitled to their own opinions, just try not to bombard the thread with pointless trolls at each other, make another thread for that.

Reaction score

Does that hurt your eyes?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Probably because I used a template to build from to learn how to make a website, they are using what I started with, which they have done nothing to.
At least I tried to be a little creative and change a fair amount of it, they have just used the template and put their name on it, like I said I was learning at the same time.
Here's the original: ( It was a free to use and edit without copy right template, made specifically for people to change for themselves )

Also please try and refrain from pointless flame wars on the thread, I just wanted to do my part towards giving the community some ideas.

But we did not want to make any profit, also why would a non-profit seeking group pay for a graphic designer?
If I wanted anything done, I am sure I could find someone who would want their work publicized for free, it's good advertisement for them and free/cheap for us.
The entire concept behind these files, is to create a server for players that is not Pay2Win and is about the community, not my pocket, I have enough money, why should I make another black hole for money server like everyone else?
I finished with fiesta development now anyway, just love or hate the idea and files provided, I don't mind everyone is entitled to their own opinions, just try not to bombard the thread with pointless trolls at each other, make another thread for that.

... wat. Well, if you were actually willing to pay all that money to entertain which ever players you actually had I suppose that's fine. There are plenty of gfx people who just want a staff slot, even if they aren't that good. Lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

That looks to cluttered to me, to much going on.

... wat. Well, if you were actually willing to pay all that money to entertain which ever players you actually had I suppose that's fine. There are plenty of gfx people who just want a staff slot, even if they aren't that good. Lol
We had a few 3D modelers and graphic designers, some good others still learning, never asked for any money they just wanted to show off their work, I don't mind having people on a team, if they are at least willing to learn.
But yes I was willing to spend my own money to provide this kind of server to people, but because of the new file servers like Tera, people would just stick with those, because they have a few more things to do.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
but because of the new file servers like Tera, people would just stick with those, because they have a few more things to do.

Make a good server and I'm sure you'll get people. It's not all based around files.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I quite like this actually. To me it's fairly simple looking which is nice.

I was willing to spend my own money to provide this kind of server to people, but because of the new file servers like Tera, people would just stick with those, because they have a few more things to do.

Newer files only means so much. You'll find that players don't always care about the files. It's usually how the game is run and how professional the staff are that people judge. For example. I've got hold of terra's files and I've now started a public server. Does this make me instantly better than you because i'm more advanced than you? No, it doesn't. It's what you do with your files and how you present yourself that makes a good server, not how more advanced your files are. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt to have up to date files, but it's not a necessity to be the best.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Newer files only means so much. You'll find that players don't always care about the files. It's usually how the game is run and how professional the staff are that people judge. For example. I've got hold of terra's files and I've now started a public server. Does this make me instantly better than you because i'm more advanced than you? No, it doesn't. It's what you do with your files and how you present yourself that makes a good server, not how more advanced your files are. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt to have up to date files, but it's not a necessity to be the best.
Newer files mean more possibilities, I agree that it does depend on the people running it, I have played Terra and the devs they have are completely useless, but people are still playing.
I say useless because take their last patch for example, Muno could not even make an existing skill into an AoE ... umm find another dev tera?
But even after all the failed patches, people are still on it, why?
I put it down to the new features like auction house and the lucky house, people are interested and think they will come up with some great things, they probably will knowing tera, which is why I don't see any use in continuing development on these files, if by a slim dim chance their files get leaked I may come back and put my ideas into those files and open, but until then it just is not worth it to me.
I don't mind paying out for a serve,r but if no one would use it whats the point lol

I don't see the clutter that you see o_O
It's all the buttons in 1 heap, that clutter is the reason we created the page concept, it's fully coded and working great, it just removes clutter and makes things more organized.

Reaction score
Newer files mean more possibilities, I agree that it does depend on the people running it, I have played Terra and the devs they have are completely useless, but people are still playing.
I say useless because take their last patch for example, Muno could not even make an existing skill into an AoE ... umm find another dev tera?
But even after all the failed patches, people are still on it, why?
I put it down to the new features like auction house and the lucky house, people are interested and think they will come up with some great things, they probably will knowing tera, which is why I don't see any use in continuing development on these files, if by a slim dim chance their files get leaked I may come back and put my ideas into those files and open, but until then it just is not worth it to me.
I don't mind paying out for a serve,r but if no one would use it whats the point lol

It's all the buttons in 1 heap, that clutter is the reason we created the page concept, it's fully coded and working great, it just removes clutter and makes things more organized.

a page concept on a launcher is just wrong. You should have everything in full view. I think you need to learn what clutter actually is. It is organized perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back