Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release][v83] Major update to Ezorsia v2: the HD client patch is now a standalone HD dll client/localhost!

_Ro

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
EDIT: so i've notice some ppl dunno what this is. to clarify: this is a cr@ck that turns the default .exe (from NXXXON) into a HD client/localhost useable for singleplayer or with any server.

it still works for it's original design of turning any previously released localhost into HD as well, and also has a few other configurable capabilities specified by the user

it doesn't need an injector or other extra .exe file to work because MapleStory already loads up dinput8.dll automatically. just needs the dll to be in the same folder. i did this purposely because so many .exe files in the hacking scene are viruses that make you mine coin

first to be released, one of a kind, and truly unique in this scene(or any hacking scene): a cr@ck that is open source, with zero strings attached, designed to be the safest, most transparent setup any end user can get

(END of edit)

Hi everyone, today i'm releasing a major update to my dll that i have been working on over the past 3 weeks

Ezorsia v2 will now allow you to run the game right away after you pop the dll and config into the game directory after a fresh installation. No need for other custom or cracked stuff like localhosts, no need to delete any files or folders like hackshield or patcher. simply add the compiled dll file in along with the config and click run on maple (and it will launch provided the server side is set up).

i believe this is the first ever standalone dll client ever released (at least for v83, dunno about other versions). private servers with complete re-writes usually tout the safety of their setup; and now you, the user, can have this safety and peace of mind too. Available, at your fingertips, and with the source code fully available for you to inspect

(NOTE: i still recommend removing admin elevation requests and enabling 4g when using the client that comes with default installation before running it, but it isn't necessary for it to work. doing so will cause virus detection amount to increase to 6/70 something up from 3/70 of the default client though. to see how to do it, go to my setup guide here: )

throughout this process i have also documented in my release's source code the other themida packed sections in the executable. if there are no other things of priority, i plan to eventually re-write all of these, especially the ones that may potentially be looped over or called often; so that my dll client will be on par with clients that have themida completely stripped (though, granted i probly wont rewrite the themida packed sections that are never used due to other rewrites no longer using them since they would never be run and thus not slow down the game)

i believe my rewrites could also be used for other versions of the game and could also produce a dll-client for those versions, but the functions would need to be altered; i have no interest atm of dealing with other versions than my present version but i hope it will help the community

dll client setup guide:
dll client source and binaries:
video of the gameplay with full client setup(a bit old, and doesnt show launch from packed client cuz its old):

other use cases:
i also believe this release potentially completely disables CRC even when used on a default install client, but i have not tested this thoroughly. if it does, then it would be useful in certain situations such as if you have a old maplestory pserver-related dll that doesn't work with non-CRC bypassed clients, and don't have access to the source code so you cant add in VirtualProtect function to write to read-only memory.

(NOTE: you can set my dll to also load other dlls of which you specify in the config, up to 3 others(added this functionality to help a friend and for testing purposes))

it could also potentially force other "private" dlls to work for any server or player because my non-Windows API hooks/edits are applied after the additional dlls specified by the end-user are loaded, and my release overwrites a lot(maybe all but idk) of the initialization protections put in by NXXXON, so if the "private" dlls repurposed those same protections then those protections will be overwritten.

Other non-protection related useful stuff may also be overwritten so for specific use cases i recommend you adjust the function loading orders yourself to ensure maximum compatibility and recompile from my source

if you want to support this use case and find other additional(repurposed, client-based)protections please do tell me (on discord(find me in the discord for mapleservers or link on my github page), i aint active here), it's very easy to overwrite(repurposed, client-based)custom stuff cuz you just hook the original function in the client and force the original to be run (for example, to kill custom packets that are checked against the server as a form of verification). i wouldnt mind doing this if requested since it isnt much work. it isnt easy to find what those protections are tho, and i still suck at how the client works with the server since i dont do server source stuff(as well as finding new stuff in IDA), so you will need to feed me specific information about which functions to overwrite when making the request

(NOTE: i recommend caution when using my release to load sourceless dlls, it's easy to hide bitcoin miners in themida'd/vmprotected dlls so you could be infecting yourself(or your entire community(and you will be responsible in this case) if running a server) by doing it)

Original post:
Hi all,

today i am releasing my updated version of the v83 ezorsia HD patch with a client setup guide for the most optimal, safe, and old school HD play experience. the guide also details my journey in what i've learned from working with the client and i hope it will help others with client modifications of their own.

this journey began as just a small effort to make a playable setup for myself, to improve my own play experience. i only wanted to play a good quality single player with a game that would fit my screen and had no ambitions to set up a server but i found that there were no easily accessible community resources that would allow this.

so when i found the old ezorsia i decided to painstakingly update it to my standards of stable, bug-free, gameplay, fixing resolution scaling issues wherever i saw it.

i was able to set up a decent play experience for myself, but the path to it was challenging; and i know that many will not enjoy taking that path like i did, and that some cannot do it at all.

i originally did not plan to go this far updating it but it looked like something many people in the community could use (and quite frankly i enjoyed learning about reverse engineering, low level procedural programming, and C++).

in following in the footsteps of the public resources that have been useful for me, namely the very transparent hendi localhost and cosmic open source releases, i have also decided to release the source code of the update ezorsia patch under a AGPL-3.0 license for end user transparency and community development.

the client setup is designed to work with a clean hendi 4g v83 client as well as an updated v83 server source (i've been using cosmic).

Enjoy, and give me feedback of how well it works in my discord; this is my first time releasing code of any kind!

video of the gameplay with full client setup:

client setup guide:
client patch source and binaries:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it's awesome! but why it show this when I run client?
client is hendi 4GB from here

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list

_Ro

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it's awesome! but why it show this when I run client?
client is hendi 4GB from here
could you tell me what server source you're using?

also do you have discord? if you find me there i can help further

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
could you tell me what server source you're using?

also do you have discord? if you find me there i can help further
I'm using heavenMS.
Does this patch only work on cosmic server?
btw, work well with ezorsia v1. but it's too much bug:(

_Ro

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm using heavenMS.
Does this patch only work on cosmic server?
btw, work well with ezorsia v1. but it's too much bug:(
no it's designed to work for all v83. but i have not tested on heavenms because i use cosmic

another person is also using heavenms and cannot get it to work, im not sure if they tried with ezorsia v1, or hendis alone

you said you were able to get ezorsia v1 to work with hendis? that means you went into the source and patched the virtualprotect in yourself.

if you're able to do that would you mind taking the source of my patch and commenting out sections and compiling it yourself until you find the part that doesnt work with your setup?

i'd love to fix this bug for the community but unfortunately i cannot reproduce the error myself

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no it's designed to work for all v83. but i have not tested on heavenms because i use cosmic

another person is also using heavenms and cannot get it to work, im not sure if they tried with ezorsia v1, or hendis alone

you said you were able to get ezorsia v1 to work with hendis? that means you went into the source and patched the virtualprotect in yourself.

if you're able to do that would you mind taking the source of my patch and commenting out sections and compiling it yourself until you find the part that doesnt work with your setup?

i'd love to fix this bug for the community but unfortunately i cannot reproduce the error myself
nope, v1 work well only with original hms client. I'm a layman of program so can't edit client by myself.
I just tried build a new server base on cosmic in order to use this perfect hd patch.
now, I have hedi shared from ur github and cosmic server.
but unfortunately, I still got same error when I run client.
why?:(

_Ro

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nope, v1 work well only with original hms client. I'm a layman of program so can't edit client by myself.
I just tried build a new server base on cosmic in order to use this perfect hd patch.
now, I have hedi shared from ur github and cosmic server.
but unfortunately, I still got same error when I run client.
why?:(
original client distributed with HMS is more cracked and modified with built in CRC bypass which is why the original ezorsia works with it

hendi's client is only themida stripped with no further mods so virtualprotect is needed to make the memory writable (v1 ezorsia won't work out of the box with it)

have you tried using my patch with the client originally distributed with HMS?

can you also try these and tell me if it works:
- update directx
- delete config.ini and try with only dll

EDIT: also could try to keep config but delete all comments inside it (;things written behind an ; ;like this). make sure to set virtuprotect=false if not using hendi's

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
original client distributed with HMS is more cracked and modified with built in CRC bypass which is why the original ezorsia works with it

hendi's client is only themida stripped with no further mods so virtualprotect is needed to make the memory writable (v1 ezorsia won't work out of the box with it)

have you tried using my patch with the client originally distributed with HMS?

can you also try these and tell me if it works:
- update directx
- delete config.ini and try with only dll

EDIT: also could try to keep config but delete all comments inside it (;things written behind an ; ;like this). make sure to set virtuprotect=false if not using hendi's
done
direct is lastest
only dll run hedi client - same error
delete all comments in config - same error
set virtuprotect = false with running HMS client - same error
only dll with running HMS client - same error

yes,my HMS client is originally distributed by ronan
--------------
edit
it seems my client can't identify v2 dll.
coz I tried to remove all nmconew.dll from my folder, including original
It show same blank error when I run client.

Last edited:

_Ro

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
done
direct is lastest
only dll run hedi client - same error
delete all comments in config - same error
set virtuprotect = false with running HMS client - same error
only dll with running HMS client - same error

yes,my HMS client is originally distributed by ronan
--------------
edit
it seems my client can't identify v2 dll.
coz I tried to remove all nmconew.dll from my folder, including original
It show same blank error when I run client.
can you try to reinstall using the v83 setup here: (unless you already install from that)

also can you try to install visual studio 2019 with Windows SDK Version: 8.1 and Platform Toolset: v140

EDIT: also try this: for visual studio 2019 install Windows SDK Version: 10 and Platform Toolset: v142 and see if it works then

EDIT2: before you try all of the above: can you also try to install x86 and x64 versions of:

also i'm not sure if you know how to use command line for this, but this is a dll diagnostic tool that will list all dependencies the dll needs to run:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
finally solved this problem after one week lol
i have no idea how to use that dll tools u mention. i found this one to instead. github.com/lucasg/Dependencies
it's more easily use, coz it have user interface.
the last 3 on list is what my pc missing
1221212 - [Release][v83] Major update to Ezorsia v2: the HD client patch is now a standalone HD dll client/localhost! - RaGEZONE Forums

but whatever version vc++ from microsoft website i installed that don't have the 3 dll i need
so i straight search them and put it in correct folder
now, all work well. patch is good as my expecting. ty for ur sharing!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list

_Ro

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice to see that you got it working! and thank you for linking a easier to use tool

i will make a link for the tool in my guide as well as as ppl to take the extra steps of checking that the needed files actually are where they should be after installing vcredist

i can see your version still uses nmconew.dll; that version may have some bugs in it like dojo crash and quickslot not being able to be dragged to. make sure to check the latest release for the best experience!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
finally solved this problem after one week lol
i have no idea how to use that dll tools u mention. i found this one to instead. github.com/lucasg/Dependencies
it's more easily use, coz it have user interface.
the last 3 on list is what my pc missing
View attachment 243783

but whatever version vc++ from microsoft website i installed that don't have the 3 dll i need
so i straight search them and put it in correct folder
now, all work well. patch is good as my expecting. ty for ur sharing!

Hi, can you solve the problem about chinese input in client?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OMG man this is amazing! I appreciate what you have done for all of us! Thank you!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is actually great, I have tested it and it was cool to have an easily configurable localhost client.

Will this work also with the loading of img files instead of wz??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I applied all the files, but when I run the client, it runs normally, but when I try to log in, the client turns off without any reason or error. What is the solution?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great release. Edit: nvm figured it out

Last edited:
Back