Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

remove the reporting posts waiting time

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about no.
Reaction score
Atm you need to wait 60 seconds between reporting posts, its realy annoying if you want to report thread for being in the wrong section and every time you need to wait :*:

(i know it is just 60 seconds its just annoying)

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
MentaL said:
The report button is a part of the generalised post. There is no way for me to reduce the report limit without downgrading the overall post time length.

Check other threads before posting...

Anyways I gave a sufficient enough answer to reporting multiple threads: Simply leave the message "Other threads in this section need to moved" or something similar.

What about no.
Reaction score
Check other threads before posting...

Anyways I gave a sufficient enough answer to reporting multiple threads: Simply leave the message "Other threads in this section need to moved" or something similar.

i did search of it was already posted, no results. :p

but will do that the next time :)

Reaction score
The issue is the fact that when you report a post, it creats a thread in a specal section with the details of the report. So the 60 seconds is actually in place due to the thread timer... I think? Its more so a post timer than a report timer.

I could be wrong.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why doesnt MentaL edit the php code?

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Reducing the timer would be stupid. If everyone reports all the threads / posts against the rules there will be tons of notifications for the staff to check, which will make removal of the posts take longer? Not sure I'm not staff but I'd imaging having to check tons of reports a day will not only be time consuming, but could also affect how well the job is done. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if the same post/thread is reported twice then a post is added to the thread that was created when the post/thread was reported for the first time, so it doesn't slow down progress on cleaning up even if the same post was reported many times

but still, 60 seconds waiting time is nothing, it's not like you can't open a 2nd tab do whatever you want to do and then report the 2nd thread/post after 60 seconds passed

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if the same post/thread is reported twice then a post is added to the thread that was created when the post/thread was reported for the first time, so it doesn't slow down progress on cleaning up even if the same post was reported many times

but still, 60 seconds waiting time is nothing, it's not like you can't open a 2nd tab do whatever you want to do and then report the 2nd thread/post after 60 seconds passed

Reports aren't done by threads they make an actual report in the ModCP and if it was reported twice two reports will be waiting in the modCP

And no there is no way to deal with multiple report logs in the ModCP. You set it to closed then click apply, wait for it to reload then do the same for the next report.

Reaction score
vBulletin report system is kinda derp.
Report time is directly linked to the posting of new threads (60 seconds) and Mental will not reduce that time so there is nothing that can really be done.

Honestly, if you are reporting multiple posts within one thread/section then you should just add links to the report note and it can all be done the same
However, if they are within different sections with different moderators then a separate report is appreciated.

Crash

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back