• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Request] Cars.

Reaction score
So, we all know the main bug with Vehicles right now is collision.
Well, i think we're over thinking it, and can be fixed in a simple way.

In studio, cars work FINE, maybe small bugs.
But once you in "Final Build" Your cars become really bugged.
My thought is, something on the server side is not properly working. So starting soon, im going to look at all the server code related to cars, and WILL be releasing a fix.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If the problem is the collision should create custom is as to whether the vehicle collision system apart I propose that should reprogram the vehicle and improve storage boxes or a hide box in the place where the player take the vehicle already as it is with this box can hide the animation schedule an event in which the player enters it. It is like creating a triger in Unity and passing on or interact in an event that allows this action is created.

It's what I think.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Vehicle collision is not broken. When the AI_Player invokes the vehicle it switches to a usable state with PhysX collision. the function that invokes this is void obj_Vehicle::SwitchToDrivable(bool doDrive) this is in obj_vehicle.cpp. Also m70b1jr, why would a problem with the client be a server problem? the only thing the server does with vehicles is to report to all connected peers of the new location of the object in the gameserver. Everything to make vehicles 'work' is included in DNC's release.

Upvote 0
Back