Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

REQUEST d3d9.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Many of us want to patch some files in the game but like we know the d3d9.dll that came with Corsair server and client are broken and we are unable to patch some files properly.

So if there is any one who have a good working this d3d9.dll please share for community of RageZone.

Not all of us have skills with reverse and knowledge to fix this .dll

So Please guys share that we can do something better and our community will grow.

Regards
ShadoW

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
While I can almost guarantee you that no one will provide any actual help with that...
the d3d9.dll you all are using is based off of the repo .
(dont bother the author for help, you probably wont get any)
I give you another hint, both the client as well as Ocean have the capability to export datasheets->binary
the dll is simply calling the method(s) responsible, if the binaries don't align
-> thats a problem of wrong/incompatible client and or datasheets.
iirc. Ocean can do it standalone without the dll needed but the version there is from like 2019 or something. (though memory is hazy on that one)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Do you have that one version that you mentioned? Ocean.
And another one some files can be updated. But the problem is with not all excel files
many files we can update without this d3d9.dll and without any problems, the problem appear when need patch files like skill, and where excel files have date.

or maybe you know way to edit .dbss files?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont have any other Ocean version, the one I am talking about came with one of the servers here. (idk. which one)
Usually the patches you do (for your servers I guess) are that you update
the datasheets (excel) and then use the dll to update the bss/dbss files.
So ye idk what exactly you mean. If you want to create new skills or edit them,
you also have to change the action charts and brief action charts (paac, pabc or xml) and more,
in order to actually create new skills (other than changing like attack damage or something).

And yes, of course you can edit bss/dbss files.
Its just a binary representation of the excel content, nothing more.
People really should just start to look at whats in front of them... and try to understand the format(s) of the files .-.
Only difference between bss and dbss: bss is loaded into memory, dbss (as in dynamic bss) only the needed parts are loaded at runtime,
thats why you have the offset file, which means you need to edit both files, or generate the offset file from your edited.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
you telling me something that I'm not interested at all.

you just give a bunch of useless information, so if you don't wont give a proper answer just don't answer.

i don't need create new skill i just say that this d3d9 make a mess with them this is a problem and also make mess with files where is date.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As I said, the d3d9.dll literally just calls a method from the client.
The client generates the bss/dbss files. If the skill.dbss is "a mess" then its a version mismatch of your server datasheet and the BlackDesert64.exe you are using with it to generate the binary files. Keep in mind.. the client shipped with any of the files does not have to be an exact match, those files got passed around left and right.

Above I gave you the link to the repo of which the d3d9.dll is based off of/implemented with.
Not a single person else has the actual source of that custom dll, though Fyyre actually gave away a bit of info (with source) in the unknown cheats forum how they skipped the security module (eac), that should get you started. (wont link here, but you can easily google for it).

Those are literally all the building blocks you need to recreate it.
Ofc. you need to rewrite the d3d9.dll it to work with a different client/BlackDesert64.exe, its a hook, and offsets/addresses change between client versions. This means, yes - you will have to look for the correct version and then have to do a bit of reverse engineering to find the correct addresses needed - there is no way around that if you want a 100% match, and no one really has bothered with it the past 2.5 years.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
ok thx for info and update.

i use Corsair server version and same client that was posted Corsair + Market, so i have no idea why this wont work like it should work. i will keep trial and test till i will get this crap work. this only one way so who knows maybe some day.

probably many of ppl will agree with me that this is some bool poop

I'm not interested where the client was and server. Matter is that that some one mess up with wiles duck them up and share with cut off many things. And now you telling ne o this not match this not match WTF?! no need be perfect match what is that bool poop. and please don't tell you are developer.

as from my experience if some thing is not the same on server and client all ways will be some problem like client will crash or server.

please close this thread, because no point to keep this thread opened.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As I said, the d3d9.dll literally just calls a method from the client.
The client generates the bss/dbss files. If the skill.dbss is "a mess" then its a version mismatch of your server datasheet and the BlackDesert64.exe you are using with it to generate the binary files. Keep in mind.. the client shipped with any of the files does not have to be an exact match, those files got passed around left and right.

Above I gave you the link to the repo of which the d3d9.dll is based off of/implemented with.
Not a single person else has the actual source of that custom dll, though Fyyre actually gave away a bit of info (with source) in the unknown cheats forum how they skipped the security module (eac), that should get you started. (wont link here, but you can easily google for it).

Those are literally all the building blocks you need to recreate it.
Ofc. you need to rewrite the d3d9.dll it to work with a different client/BlackDesert64.exe, its a hook, and offsets/addresses change between client versions. This means, yes - you will have to look for the correct version and then have to do a bit of reverse engineering to find the correct addresses needed - there is no way around that if you want a 100% match, and no one really has bothered with it the past 2.5 years.
Could it be that we really need the Global Lab client instead of the Steam one? that's the only reason comes in my mind to make this thing happen. Since what I don't get is that the server files are working and not yeling at all, something really strange since in bdo if you literally put something that shouldn't be there, the crash is almost guaranteed. Maybe Im wrong but I tested many things and whith what you said is the only thing comes to my mind.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Could it be that we really need the Global Lab client instead of the Steam one? that's the only reason comes in my mind to make this thing happen. Since what I don't get is that the server files are working and not yeling at all, something really strange since in bdo if you literally put something that shouldn't be there, the crash is almost guaranteed. Maybe Im wrong but I tested many things and whith what you said is the only thing comes to my mind.
this is what is about so if i take files from server side and try update some dbss on client side that have date inside the d3d9 just mess with this files, same with skill files so no way to update properly some files in the cilent side.

So best client to make some test will be 519

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The server originally is from SA - playredfox or whatever the publisher was called - and iirc. the steam client provided with the files is EU/NA (could be wrong though its been a while since I last checked). Make with that information what you will. Code revisions are both the same though iirc.
As I said, the dll only forces the client to load the excel files and then forces a call to gc::writeToBinaryStaticStatus - which writes all the bss/dbss files. (if you have an unpacked exe you can even string search for it and you'll see) Its a hack in of it self that this even works and obv. was never an intended way of PA to update bss/dbss files, even a newly written d3d9 dll will not fix that. The "official" way iirc. was with the Ocean tool (I think that was once in the 2018 server files or something) which has the capability to export binary files - though no new version of that is public.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Yes, some patch can have issues, there are work around however.

I will tell you this much however:

So if there is any one who have a good working this d3d9.dll please share for community of RageZone.

I have it. The full source. I am the author of the majority of the code. rndbit was the other author.

This is not my problem. You want to run a big game, that makes much money and have the things that took hard work given to you freely? This is delusional talk.

So Please guys share that we can do something better and our community will grow.

Give those of low effort all for free? No! Hell will freeze over before this is reality.

So do yourself a favor in future. Do not beg for such things. Do the correct research, try to seek out those who made such things possible. Maybe then, earn their respect... (this cannot be bought) or at attempt at communication. Do not cry into /dev/null on forum such as this, as your cries are salt in ocean.

For others in this thread... excuse my bitter nature.

-Fyyre

Many of us want to patch some files in the game but like we know the d3d9.dll that came with Corsair server and client are broken and we are unable to patch some files properly.

Regards
ShadoW

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I have it. The full source. I am the author of the majority of the code. rndbit was the other author.

This is not my problem. You want to run a big game, that makes much money and have the things that took hard work given to you freely? This is delusional talk.

Give those of low effort all for free? No! Hell will freeze over before this is reality.

So do yourself a favor in future. Do not beg for such things. Do the correct research, try to seek out those who made such things possible. Maybe then, earn their respect... (this cannot be bought) or at attempt at communication. Do not cry into /dev/null on forum such as this, as your cries are salt in ocean.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score

Fyyre read your some post again, but from different perspective LoL.​

That some ppl cheat on you not mean we all the same, I was cheat by some ppl as well, and so is this is matter. I share some files with some ppl on this forum that this files cost 1.5K US $ and so you think i came here to scam ppl or cheat on them, if you think like that about me fine. But remember one thing this how you treat others is how others will treat you. remember karma always comes back

Thank you for your comment about me that you even don't know me. BB LoL​

any moderator or Admin
REQEST TO CLOSE THIS topic because some ppl are toxic

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
As always. Buyers/Leechers cried the loudest, paid the least and earn the most. When they get bigger, they will start to diss the one that gave them help. This is reality. Better watch who help to give, otherwise down the road, come the regrets. I take side with Fyyre, Flockenbergerv2, because they already gave you the help, but you are not interested and called it useless.

My favorite quote for files " Files on internet, use it at your own risk. Don't expect help or 100% working. Take it free, be glad."

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I am aware of karma. 99% of the time, I am humble, friendly, ready to help... when I see that help is warranted. You have made no attempt to convince me my help is warranted. I do not know you, nor do I wish to know you.

Faeaver said it well: "Files on internet, use it at your own risk. Don't expect help or 100% working. Take it free, be glad."

I will close, and no longer respond to this thread.

Не име́й сто рубле́й, а име́й сто друзе́й...

Fyyre read your some post again, but from different perspective LoL.​

That some ppl cheat on you not mean we all the same, I was cheat by some ppl as well, and so is this is matter. I share some files with some ppl on this forum that this files cost 1.5K US $ and so you think i came here to scam ppl or cheat on them, if you think like that about me fine. But remember one thing this how you treat others is how others will treat you. remember karma always comes back

Thank you for your comment about me that you even don't know me. BB LoL​

any moderator or Admin
REQEST TO CLOSE THIS topic because some ppl are toxic

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I am aware of karma. 99% of the time, I am humble, friendly, ready to help... when I see that help is warranted. You have made no attempt to convince me my help is warranted. I do not know you, nor do I wish to know you.

Faeaver said it well: "Files on internet, use it at your own risk. Don't expect help or 100% working. Take it free, be glad."

I will close, and no longer respond to this thread.

Не име́й сто рубле́й, а име́й сто друзе́й...
Banned for selling files via pm. Bye.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back