• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Request]Localhost creator for a v38 server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, everyone

For awhile now, it's been a dream of mine to make a the most nostalgic server in existence, and the lowest version of MapleStory I've yet to find was a v38 MSSetup. I've told players already I've been working on this for awhile, so I guess I'm going to stick with this idea. I know a bit of Java and I think that making this server wouldn't be all that hard, may need a few others to help out occasionally, but I came across one, heaping problem. I have no clue how to create a localhost. This of course, is a pretty large issue, considering the fact that one is needed to start the server. (derp)

I've though about using a redirector, but TBH it just doesn't have the same feel as it would if a localhost were to be ran in the process.

It would mean very much to me, and a few other players if anyone who knew how to create a localhost wouldn't mind doing so.

Not sure how they're made though, but if I were to guess, you might need v38 MapleStory to start

Maple Story | Files | Global MapleStory v0.38 | Official Demos | Game Front

In hopes that someone can help me with this problem. If not, it'd be cool if there was anoyone out there who could teach me the ways of localhost creating, thanks!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I havn't checked the official client but I'm almost sure back then they used AsProtect 2 to pack those clients. Get yourself codedoctor for ollydbg and there is one problem solved. To get rid of gameguard just step through the executable in olly till you hit the loading points. You want some general knowledge about things like what JNZ / JMP means before you can do this though. Lastly there is most likely a CRC check, which I personally don't know how to remove. Sorry

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hi, everyone

For awhile now, it's been a dream of mine to make a the most nostalgic server in existence, and the lowest version of MapleStory I've yet to find was a v38 MSSetup. I've told players already I've been working on this for awhile, so I guess I'm going to stick with this idea. I know a bit of Java and I think that making this server wouldn't be all that hard, may need a few others to help out occasionally, but I came across one, heaping problem. I have no clue how to create a localhost. This of course, is a pretty large issue, considering the fact that one is needed to start the server. (derp)

I've though about using a redirector, but TBH it just doesn't have the same feel as it would if a localhost were to be ran in the process.

It would mean very much to me, and a few other players if anyone who knew how to create a localhost wouldn't mind doing so.

Not sure how they're made though, but if I were to guess, you might need v38 MapleStory to start

Maple Story | Files | Global MapleStory v0.38 | Official Demos | Game Front

In hopes that someone can help me with this problem. If not, it'd be cool if there was anoyone out there who could teach me the ways of localhost creating, thanks!

That would be MapleStory Beta, then! A localhost for the beta is publicly released, and sadly WvsBeta (Diamondo's beta server files in C#) have been leaked. Also, making a redirector is easy. Just take whatever redirector for v88 (LocalMS, for instance), and edit the crypto. That should do the trick. Also, sadly, you'd have to remove GameGuard. I doubt anyone is willing to do it for you.

Upvote 0
Back