Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Requesting info about TERA Linux lancher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello friends!

Now that our TERA server is set up, we have multiple Linux users who are having trouble with the launcher.
Is any support available for users on Linux?

I checked this thread but the Github repository is no longer available.

Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers ♥

Reaction score
Hello friends!

Now that our TERA server is set up, we have multiple Linux users who are having trouble with the launcher.
Is any support available for users on Linux?

I checked this thread but the Github repository is no longer available.

Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers ♥

Hi,

Since the current HT launcher uses IE and due that it doesn't have any kind of support on linux even using wine, winetricks, POL etc. is very difficult to make it work.

Using fresh-installed wine we got a black screen

Lofty - Requesting info about TERA Linux lancher - RaGEZONE Forums

and the API reports that it tried to load the LoginForm

Using Wine IE 8 with msxml3 is even worse,

There's an app called "Bottles" which have good reputation executing windows apps, but tbh i didn't test by myself to check if it works.

So, we have 4 options but even those 4 options might not work.

1. Make compatible with hsdn's API
2. That someone leak the DD Launcher and make it usable with hsdn's API
3. Ask to novadrop's author if he's willing to re-take the development of novadrop-run and make it usable for both 32/64 bit versions of TERA
4. Make a launcher which use hsdn's API but that doesn't need IE

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, we have 4 options but even those 4 options might not work.

1. Make compatible with hsdn's API
2. That someone leak the DD Launcher and make it usable with hsdn's API
3. Ask to novadrop's author if he's willing to re-take the development of novadrop-run and make it usable for both 32/64 bit versions of TERA
4. Make a launcher which use hsdn's API but that doesn't need IE
Thank you for the fast reply!

I feel like option 4 is the easiest.
I am a programmer and I can make the necessary tools if I have the right information.

Are you able to describe the step-by-step process for how the launcher starts the game? ♥

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for the fast reply!

I feel like option 4 is the easiest.
I am a programmer and I can make the necessary tools if I have the right information.

Are you able to describe the step-by-step process for how the launcher starts the game? ♥
Alex documented the entire thing here:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alex documented the entire thing here:
I will take a look. Thank you

UPDATE:
Launcher black screen appears to be an issue with CSS / iFrame in the embedded browser.
Adjusting the javascript functions may allow bypass of this issue. I am not very good with jQuery- maybe you can figure out something faster than me.

Comment out line 150 in launcher.js (remove reset on null).

Added to launcherLoginForm.ejs script at the bottom:
JavaScript:
authByLoginAndPassword("testuser","TestPass4!",false);
parent.Launcher.launchGame();

This allowed us to launch the game (it opens two windows lmao) on SteamDeck via Lutris, but the loading was very slow and performance was bad. Attempting the same test on Arch desktop results in javascript error in function l2w_getUserPermission. I don't understand why this error is occurring yet.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most of the errors occur because of missing ms webview support in wine. You could try installing ie and/or edge in the same prefix maybe?

If you are working on patch 100.02 (64-bit) the deprecated novadrop-run dotnet tool should still work read more here:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just an update for closure if anyone finds this thread in the distant future:

Even once we got the launcher working properly on Linux, we still had many Linux players that would get to the game's first loading screen then freeze. This included tests on Mint, Arch, SteamDeck, etc.

It was probably an issue with DirectX, but by the time we got the launcher working, several of our Linux users had found that it was faster and more convenient to simply dualboot into Windows or use a separate machine to play TERA.

Upvote 0
Back