Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Resolved] Monster Names Don't Exist?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I Have a python tool that searched for a string in every file in the local directory and sub directories. I had it search through every file, every line, and not a single file (Unpacked DC and Server) had any reference to the name "Ruins Guardian" which is the bam located outside highwatch in the fields.

I was able to find the monster using tera lore - 001812146 - region 181, ID 2146 and found the korean name for it: npcName="유적터 수호자

but how does the client know the name when none of the localization has the actual name? I'm kinda at a loss with this.

(Bonus question: Any way to quickly identify open world bams by their tags or lack of tags? I know elite tag, and not having partyMembers= is a good start, but wondering if the wizard Archgeus has any pocket knowledge that can help with this)

Server Information
71.3 - EME
Solution
I Have a python tool that searched for a string in every file in the local directory and sub directories. I had it search through every file, every line, and not a single file (Unpacked DC and Server) had any reference to the name "Ruins Guardian" which is the bam located outside highwatch in the fields.

I was able to find the monster using tera lore - 001812146 - region 181, ID 2146 and found the korean name for it: npcName="유적터 수호자

but how does the client know the name when none of the localization has the actual name? I'm kinda at a loss with this.

(Bonus question: Any way to quickly identify open world bams by their tags or lack of tags? I know elite tag, and not having partyMembers= is a good start, but wondering if the...
Reaction score

(Bonus question: Any way to quickly identify open world bams by their tags or lack of tags? I know elite tag, and not having partyMembers= is a good start, but wondering if the wizard Archgeus has any pocket knowledge that can help with this)
Hi,

You mean this?

9Arca9 - [Resolved] Monster Names Don't Exist? - RaGEZONE Forums

If so, StrSheet_Creature-00000.xml is where you have to look to.

Regarding the second question i have to check since i didn't touch things about WB

Like you said 1812146 is HZ 181 and NpcID 2146

So,

<HuntingZone id="181">

<String name="Ruins Guardian" class="" templateId="2146" gender="" race="" title="" />

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

You mean this?

9Arca9 - [Resolved] Monster Names Don't Exist? - RaGEZONE Forums

If so, StrSheet_Creature-00000.xml is where you have to look to.

Regarding the second question i have to check since i didn't touch things about WB

Like you said 1812146 is HZ 181 and NpcID 2146

So,

<HuntingZone id="181">

<String name="Ruins Guardian" class="" templateId="2146" gender="" race="" title="" />
I def thought my search hit the client files, I'm going to double check now.

Edit: I have no idea how my search tool never located these files, must have been a bug. Thanks! I will have to double check why my tool didn't work. This should save me some time. Hopefully.

Edit2: DAMN YOU CASE SENSITIVITY

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back