• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Resolved] Running server with Rien v83 Source

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello fellow Mapling RageZoners!
I am facing 2 problems while setting up a server with Rien v83 source:

1. I realise it is using `LogHelper.CONSOLE.get().info();` to output logs but I don't see them printing on my terminal, where can I find the output of those logs?
2. After I start the server and trying to get in game, I get stucked at the Login screen whereby after clicking Login, the game just hangs for a few minutes and exits with `You have been disconnected` error. Does anyone faces this issue before? I can't debug it coz I can't even find where the logs are šŸ„¹

Appreciate your time & help!

Update: Case closed, it was due to a custom encryption key used for MapleAESOFB.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello fellow Mapling RageZoners!
I am facing 2 problems while setting up a server with Rien v83 source:

1. I realise it is using `LogHelper.CONSOLE.get().info();` to output logs but I don't see them printing on my terminal, where can I find the output of those logs?
2. After I start the server and trying to get in game, I get stucked at the Login screen whereby after clicking Login, the game just hangs for a few minutes and exits with `You have been disconnected` error. Does anyone faces this issue before? I can't debug it coz I can't even find where the logs are šŸ„¹

Appreciate your time & help!
Hello,

For a clearer understanding, could you kindly provide the specific code snippets you're referring to?

I suspect that the LogHelper might be directing its output to a log file located within the source folder. A quick tip: to directly print logs in your terminal, you can use System.out.println("..").

Unfortunately, without access to the Rien v83 server files, it's a bit challenging for me to pinpoint the exact issue, especially without seeing the actual code. However, based on your description of the freezing at the login screen, it sounds like your channel-server might not be up and running. Another possibility, though less likely, could be issues with the port not being properly configured.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

For a clearer understanding, could you kindly provide the specific code snippets you're referring to?

I suspect that the LogHelper might be directing its output to a log file located within the source folder. A quick tip: to directly print logs in your terminal, you can use System.out.println("..").

Unfortunately, without access to the Rien v83 server files, it's a bit challenging for me to pinpoint the exact issue, especially without seeing the actual code. However, based on your description of the freezing at the login screen, it sounds like your channel-server might not be up and running. Another possibility, though less likely, could be issues with the port not being properly configured.
Appreciate your help! I got the reason for the missing logs output - missing log4j configuration.

As for the stuck at Login screen issue, still trying to debug it, the log tells the channels are loaded successfully šŸ¤” and there weren't any errors logged when the disconnection happen

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Appreciate your help! I got the reason for the missing logs output - missing log4j configuration.

As for the stuck at Login screen issue, still trying to debug it, the log tells the channels are loaded successfully šŸ¤” and there weren't any errors logged when the disconnection happen
If there is no error, i suspect it is likely an issue caused by your network. Are you testing it locally or with an internet facing connection?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I managed to scope it down and found the error is in the packets received. For some reason, the packet received on the server is very odd. Supposingly login packet should be value 1, but the server is receiving -8104 :hmm:

Managed to identify the issue. It is due a custom encryption key used for MapleAESOFB. Thanks for the help MapleTale

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I managed to scope it down and found the error is in the packets received. For some reason, the packet received on the server is very odd. Supposingly login packet should be value 1, but the server is receiving -8104 :hmm:

Managed to identify the issue. It is due a custom encryption key used for MapleAESOFB. Thanks for the help MapleTale
Hm, sounds like youre using a custom localhost.

I will attempt to host rien to troubleshoot this issue.

Upvote 0
Back