Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Respawn Rates

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I can edit the respawn time for monsters (spawns).. For example once I kill all the monsters in my spawn it takes about 10-15 seconds to respawn the monsters, I wanted to know how I can edit this, to make it faster.. anyone know?

Never en-countered this problem before.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
go to maps file, there are the values of the respawn. just test till you find out what every value means, for example how many monsters can be spawned by 1 flag at a time, what respawn delay in seconds and how many monsters can be spawned in maximum.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For exmaple...

Code:
//¸ó½ºÅÍ ÃâÇö ºñÀ²
//ÅÛ½ºÅ©·Ð µ¿±¼

*Ãִ뵿½ÃÃâÇö¼ö		200
//ÃâÇö°£°Ý ¹üÀ§ 9-1 1Â÷ÀÌ´ç 2¹è¾¿ »¡¶óÁü
*ÃâÇö°£°Ý		5	70
*ÃâÇö¼ö			2

//		¸ó½ºÅÍ À̸§          ÃâÇöºóµµ
*Ã⿬ÀÚ		"omega"			15		
*Ã⿬ÀÚ		"mountain"		15		
*Ã⿬ÀÚ		"metron"		10
*Ã⿬ÀÚ		"sadnesst"		15
*Ã⿬ÀÚ		"iron fist"		5		
*Ã⿬ÀÚ		"runic guardian"	15
*Ã⿬ÀÚ		"d-machine"		10		
*Ã⿬ÀÚ		"morgon"		15

Which ones are the configs you're talking about?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Gah! DON'T READ KOREAN TEXT IN WESTERN FONTZ! lol... sorry to shout. Makes perfect sense in Korean.
Code:
//몬스터 출현 비율
//템스크론 동굴

*최대동시출현수		200
//출현간격 범위 9-1 1차이당 2배씩 빨라짐
*출현간격		5	70
*출현수			2

//		몬스터 이름          출현빈도
*출연자		"omega"			15
*출연자		"mountain"		15
*출연자		"metron"		10
*출연자		"sadnesst"		15
*출연자		"iron fist"		5
*출연자		"runic guardian"	15
*출연자		"d-machine"		10
*출연자		"morgon"		15

Translation:
Code:
//Monster emergence rate
//Tempeskron Cave

*MaxConcurrentSpawn		200
//Spawn range of every 9-1 2 per 1 difference between each ship quickening
*SpawnInterval		5	70
*Chance			2

//		Monster Name          Spawn Rate
*Actor		"omega"			15
*Actor		"mountain"		15
*Actor		"metron"		10
*Actor		"sadnesst"		15
*Actor		"iron fist"		5
*Actor		"runic guardian"	15
*Actor		"d-machine"		10
*Actor		"morgon"		15

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks,
for future reference what font do you use to view Korean format?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, usually Gulim, or GulimChe, as those are the only 2 fonts provided with Windows which support the Korean code page... but more importantly, you need to use a text editor which supports text codepages other than the system default. Notepad is sufficient ONLY if you are using a Korean install of Windows without international support and an alternate language for the user.

See my guide on Reading and Editing Korean Config Files in their Native Language. :wink:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Good job. :D: They do make more sense when you can just bung them into a translator or two don't they? :wink:

Actually, you can translate these files by hexing the server, the same way we often translate the clients. But since it's only the server admin who ever sees them, most people just don't bother.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you just need to translate the server.exe or the game.exe ? Coz if not I might make a backup my server.exe and try to translate it :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For field files, Monster files, NPC files and even OpenItem files, you just need to translate the command strings in the Server executable, then you can search and replace all the command lines in all your files.

I did try it once, and it worked great, but the other problem is that your data files are no longer compatible with anyone elses. :(:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
go to maps file, there are the values of the respawn. just test till you find out what every value means, for example how many monsters can be spawned by 1 flag at a time

Thats not in the map file my dear

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice bobo,

One more thing if I may ask... What do you need to translate it Hex Workshop or Oly?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh well... you can do anything in hex if you can disassemble in your head. >.<

You can also do anything in Olly, and then you know it is right. It also takes less time, and can be done in such a way is it is easier to expand further.

For example... *출연자/0 can be hexed to *Actor/0 with one byte to spare. But *출현간격/0 cannot be hexed to *SpawnInterval/0 as *출현간격/0 is 9 bytes and *SpanwnInterval/0 is 16. So you'd end up with something like *Intrval/0 or something, which is not so nice... with Olly, you can shift data pointers instead of just over-typing bytes. ^_^ (Okay, you can do that in Hex too, but understanding the code in hex to the extent that you can do that takes a rather photographic memory for mnemonic op-codes and their hex equivalent)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi guys, one question:
which server-files and client should I use with this server.exe and game.exe?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ahh, I see Bobo. Well when I'm free and not doing anything I'll try and make an English based admin-client sided server.exe, hopefully it wont spit large amounts of problems to me that will require me to trash it haha.

@ Cacots: what server.exe are you talking about?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Aye cacots, have you posted cross-thread? Coz your question seems like I skipped 5 pages reading a novel. XD

Back