• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

RevCMS - Mabbo Social Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Akimbo - RevCMS - Mabbo Social Design - RaGEZONE Forums
Hello guys, for the last hour I've been abit bored. So yeh, I decided to start a new project. Or, to be more precisely, re-start the "Mabbo Social" project originaly created by n0minal aka Jak. However, I've not gotten so far, yet. You can see the project details right here:

Features:
  • Fully working friend stream
  • 0 Exploits
  • Fully working status updates with thumbs up
  • Fully working news
  • More to come..

To-Do:
  • Fix every single exploit
  • Make news page
  • Make "onlie users" or "online friends" 100%
  • Fix the friend stream (with jQuery?)
  • And even more...

Release date:
  • Not known yet

Screens:

More coming soon...

People who made this possible:
n0minal - For designing the layout
Joopie - For coding the layout/design n0minal made
Kryptos - For coding RevCMS

Ps, I'm always in need of some help, skype: bms...ok

Last edited:
Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good, i like the idea of the friendstream in a cms.

But, imagine a user with a small screen. The friend stream part will take (let's say 25%) of the screen. So it will probably overlap the rest of the page or the rest will be very small. Even if the page is responsive, then it will be pretty small. Maybe it's a good idea to only display the friendstream your screen is big enough?

Correct me if i am wrong!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

But, imagine a user with a small screen. The friend stream part will take (let's say 25%) of the screen. So it will probably overlap the rest of the page or the rest will be very small. Even if the page is responsive, then it will be pretty small. Maybe it's a good idea to only display the friendstream your screen is big enough?

Well, I tested it out. And it went pretty good, I resized the Chrome window, and this is what it looked like:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nice, i love to see people that are making different themes with new ideas etc :top:

Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, I tested it out. And it went pretty good, I resized the Chrome window, and this is what it looked like:
Looks indeed pretty good, nice to see a responsive design!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Updates:
1 - Fixed some exploits in the freindstream
2 - Not sure if I should have the status and friendstream in ONE table. Will take less SQL space though.
3 - Working on new mysql tables with freindship's, etc...
4 - News page is done(?) Possible that I might make it more "creative"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This looks amazing, and I love the design! But it feels kinda empty, doesn't it?

Anyway, thanks for sharing this. And good luck with this!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The design looks cool and nice but,
using deprecated mysql library ftw and are you using any csrf attack protection?..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The design looks cool and nice but,
using deprecated mysql library ftw and are you using any csrf attack protection?..
Yeh, soz, I'm switching to MySQLi atm :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did like mabbo social, glad someone decided to revive the project.

Good luck.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Make it for rev. Easy base and just import the friend stream into hejulas habbo theme

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score

A smart move would be to auto-hide the sidebar when the screen is not wide enough to display both columns efficiently.

Nice to see someone carrying on from where I left off.

G'nome sayin'
Reaction score
To simple and boring, not a good solution for big hotels.

And this kid don't know anything about coding so prolly just copying from other RevCMS edits.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aww, it's just waaay tooo baad that the "pro" doesn't like it. Well, well, I'll still do it.
Maybe won't work very well on big hotels because people can divulge other hotels and etc. Would work with more integration like: What room your friends are at, top users, suggestions, search tool. Do it more like a friendstream. With the achievements badges maybe even pages.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Maybe won't work very well on big hotels because people can divulge other hotels and etc. Would work with more integration like: What room your friends are at, top users, suggestions, search tool. Do it more like a friendstream. With the achievements badges maybe even pages.
That's what I'm doing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back