• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

RevCMS PDO

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Do note that there are no performance improvements between Mysqli and PDO.

Wrong. These are two different APIs and does therefore have different performance behavior.

Also, saamus BurakDev does seriously none of you know that you can in fact add code snippets without posting screenshots of your PhP Ms. Word IDE?

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Xversion, ignore everything you have been told in this thread and research it for yourself and take your time. Best way to learn. If there is anyone in the HH section to take advice from it's maritnmine, other than that just ignore others advice and research for yourself properly without skipping over fine details. It'll help you in the long run.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This project is like any else, when someone find out some exploits or bugs in code, the coders (at this time it will be @Xversion) fucked up their minds and usually lost their motive to keep it updated.
Cheers, and good luck with this.

E1: http://forum.ragezone.com/f333/recoded-revcms-1122992/ Read it.

Haven't lost it yet :) Been busy over Christmas and New years, back to work now!

Xversion, ignore everything you have been told in this thread and research it for yourself and take your time. Best way to learn. If there is anyone in the HH section to take advice from it's maritnmine, other than that just ignore others advice and research for yourself properly without skipping over fine details. It'll help you in the long run.

Thanks!

Hey, this looks good!. Any idea's when the final version will be completed and released?
:)

No ETA but will be in a week at the very max.

------------------------------------------------------------------

After reviewing the whole code I am not satisfied with the RevCMS Config, and therefore I've remade it to give you the Hotel owner more control:

PHP:
$config = (object) array(
    'name' => ($name = 'Xabbo'),
    'description' => 'The best retro in the world!',

'web' => array(
      'path' => 'http://localhost',
      'maintenance' => false,
      'environment' => 2,
      'theme' => array(
        'default' => 'Habbo',
        'require' => 'jquery@3.1.1'
      ),
      'locale' => array(
        'en' => 'English',
        'de' => 'Deutsch'
      )
    ),

'client' => array(
      'swf' => 'http://localhost/game/swf',
      'base' => 'http://localhost/game/swf/100/'
    ),

'registration' => array(
      'rank' => 1,
      'vip' => 0,
      'motto' => 'I am new to ' . $name,
      'credits' => 2500,
      'duckets' => 5000,
      'crystals' => 50,
      'look' => '-'
    ),

'mysql' => array(
      'host' => 'localhost',
      'user' => 'root',
      'pass' => '',
      'name' => 'vsl',
      'port' => 3306
    ),

'email' => array(
      'help' => 'info@xabbo.localhost'
    ),

'store' => array(
      'paypal' => 'deposit@virjox.com'
    ),

'social' => array(
      'facebook' => array(
        'enabled' => false,
        'name' => 'Xabbo',
        'id' => '',
        'secret' => ''
      ),
      'twitter' => array(
        'enabled' => false,
        'name' => 'Xabbo'
      ),
      'youtube' => 'XabboHotel2k17'
    )
  );
This won't the be the final version, some of these options will be changed to the Database to allow easy integration with plugins.

Current progress has been updated on the original/starter post.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You mentioned PHP 7 but are still using array() instead of []

Nothing bad, PHP supports back-functionality for a reason. Just be careful not to take away the simplicity of Rev, I did the same project except I had it running fully on PHP 7 and realized I changed everything regarding Rev's core to the point it wouldn't of been the noob-friendly CMS it's known as

Good luck my man

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You mentioned PHP 7 but are still using array() instead of []

Nothing bad, PHP supports back-functionality for a reason. Just be careful not to take away the simplicity of Rev, I did the same project except I had it running fully on PHP 7 and realized I changed everything regarding Rev's core to the point it wouldn't of been the noob-friendly CMS it's known as

Good luck my man

Thanks for pointing out, but I can confirm this is how you do it officially :)

According to the PHP Doc's (look at first example):
PHP: Objects - Manual

About making it noob-friendly it will be but at the same time I want the Owner to have more control over the content, because these days all that's happening is someone gets an emulator of ragezone, revcms put them together they have a hotel, the content (i.e. News) hardly gets updated or if it does it's to low standards, every one wants to re-create Habbo perfectly but they fail doing the simplest things because they do not have the tools to. I hope I can solve this and this shouldn't be too much of a steep curve to learn - after all its their hotel, their choice.

But once again thanks for your support, always appreciate it!

Reaction score
Confused why you posted something relative to objects versus what I posted against your array syntax.

The 'official' way for PHP 5.4 onward is []
// as of PHP 5.4
$array = [
"foo" => "bar",
"bar" => "foo",
];

You need to remember when creating something like this, the owners do not care if it is up to date - if it's reliable or if the product is even safe, they just want something easy to deploy. Most have no coding ability once so ever, but still.

You also made a contradictory statement by saying all it takes is to compile together the different releases, and you have a hotel without 'actually having a hotel.' A CMS is just that, by providing a more thought out back-end only makes it harder on the user to adjust their CMS to their liking or scale it to their website after stumbling upon code they have no clue what it does.

A perfect example is how PDO will confuse most retro owners, versus mysql_ and will also make this release incompatible with anything previously made for Rev.

Despite all of this, I respect this project and what you are doing. However, be weary of what it is you're doing and change your agenda to support modernism and more tools on the front-end then back-end scaling for newcomers.

Back