Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Reversing an old Unity game (Skydome)

Staff member
Reaction score
So has anyone ever heard of a game called Skydome? More info below. It's a MOBA combined with tower defense.

Steam game app: 708550

The game is closed for several years and no sign of getting back. Since the game is free on steam, I thought of downloading and reversing it as it's unity and should be pretty much "easy".

I can find nice code in Assembly-CSharp.dll but that's as far as I can go. The game when loaded goes directly to a "Our servers is permantly closed" screen. So in order to even start something I should be able to remove that and make the game proceed to the login screen.

But I have no clue of how to do that. Do I need to somehow decompile the game and generate a unity project and edit the scene there? Or is the code in the dll?

From what I can see in the decompiled .dll there is a lot of information there so I don't think they removed game functionality but instead just added this new scene and stopped it from going to the login.

Anybody have interest in trying to recreate an emu for it or just help me try to solve this first issue?

--- Edit ---

I found some interesting stuff in the dll and was able to get past that "we are closed screen" but it does not get any better. Found some endpoints and configuration files.

I got some progressm. managed to skip that "Server is offline" screen and try to login.
1710202805743 - Reversing an old Unity game (Skydome) - RaGEZONE Forums

Got some calls to what seems is a REST API to login and get account info. Didn't get past that. Have to analyze the code, but yeah, the proof of concept seems to work. I think it's possible to recreate an emu just by analyzing the client code.

Anybody interested give a shout!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back