Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RO2 Client Win10

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to run the RO2 Client on windows 10? I've tried it anyway, but it doesn't open ragII.exe

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Do you have this client ?

Of course, I compiled it from the source code leaked to the Internet.

There is one problem, the version of this client is the most early, unlike emulators. Therefore, either you need to modify the client in terms of filling content or roll back the emulator base.

Motoharo - RO2 Client Win10 - RaGEZONE Forums

Interface UI:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you have link to the source you compiled? I have never succesfully compiled it. What version of VIsualStudio are you suing?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Do you have link to the source you compiled? I have never succesfully compiled it. What version of VIsualStudio are you suing?

Client source code:

Rag2All.sln
Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 8.00
# Visual Studio 2003
or
Rag2All8.sln
Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 9.00
# Visual Studio 2005

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Compiling of client always fails, missing files etc.

EDIT: Looks like the files are from Windows SDK, will try to get the old one to work and try again
EDIT2: So with Windows SDK most of the errors disappeared still I miss some files, these are probably missing cause of using Express Edition.
EDIT3: So after getting professional VS 2005, Windows SDK and setting it all up, it looks like the old error of missing the file EngineClassses.h is still a thing. I tried the default Unreal one but that won't be it cause the one which is missing was probably edited. Plus there are even some code errors in other classes.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello friends.
If anyone manages to compile please share the necessary adjustments.

Sorry my bad english.

View attachment 170236

Thanks release.
I received this file and compiled the source.
There are no source code errors.

However, an error occurred while compiling one part (Engine.dll).
LNK2001, LNK2019, etc...

(When I pasted the content here, the website error...)

Maybe it can't read Classes(*.uc) files.
Or, for some other reason...?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks release.
I received this file and compiled the source.
There are no source code errors.

However, an error occurred while compiling one part (Engine.dll).
LNK2001, LNK2019, etc...

(When I pasted the content here, the website error...)

Maybe it can't read Classes(*.uc) files.
Or, for some other reason...?

I also got the same errors, I haven't been able to fix it so far.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You need to move all files from the \src\Engine\Protocol\trunk folder to the \src\Engine\Protocol\ folder.

When you have done that, compiling should work.
Problem: There are other bugs that I currently have not been able to fix.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You need to move all files from the \src\Engine\Protocol\trunk folder to the \src\Engine\Protocol\ folder.

When you have done that, compiling should work.
Problem: There are other bugs that I currently have not been able to fix.

I did that.

But the above error still persists.
I wondered if it was a 64-bit problem, so I tried to compile after installing XP, but... LNK2001 LNK2019 error is the same.
(I also tried installing Unreal Development Environment, but same thing.)
There must be some kind of other program, but I don't know.
What program is needed to compile the uc script...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I have done the following steps:

- Windows 7 Ultimate installed on a VM.
- Windows 7 SDK installed
- VS2005 Pro installed via archive.org
- NVidia CG SDK installed
- GnuWin32 installed

I actually have the errors you have as well. It can't access the external allocations.
I am also just taking everything apart to figure out where the real problem is.
However, no one can tell me that anyone has been able to get this source to run without further ado.
That's definitely not possible with so many bugs.

Edit:
I have now taken a closer look at the source and must say that this source is not functional. Many files are missing, which are necessary for compiling.

Either a game could be created from it or someone intentionally provides the defective source so that no one can reproduce it.

Files thats not be found:
- Rag2PlayerViewWnd.h
- Rag2PlayerViewWnd.cpp
- WayBeacon.h
- WayBeacon.cpp
- SVehicleTrigger.h
- SVehicleTrigger.cpp
etc....

?PrivateStaticClass@ADynSceneManager@@0VUClass@@A)
The Class in my Example Error you can see DynSceneManager.
The uc file can you find in the class folder from the source where you compile but you can not found this files in the Inc or Rag2Src folder as .h and .cpp file. And thats is the Problem. This files can the compiler not found and you get the error.

Without these files, the script will not run in any way.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Remove the missing classes and the project will build successfully.
But then there will be a problem with the server. either it must be written from scratch or in those emulators that are on the network, disable packet encryption if you plan to run the game on Windows 10

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I can't imagine that.
There are so many classes missing that are game-dependent.
If I remove all of them, then in my estimation nothing will work anymore.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is because the file is uploaded from a more advanced version of the client than the version that was leaked on this forum.
We delete and the project is successfully compiled and works.

Use Rag2All8.sln (VS2005)

Compile: Core, Engine, UCC and UccDepend

Run domake.bat

Accept to update EngineClasses.h

And rebuild all projects

Run Client:

Run UnrealEditor

This delete Class:

Code:
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ARag2GeneratorName::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ARag2GeneratorName@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ARag2PlayerViewWnd::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ARag2PlayerViewWnd@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ARag2PlayerViewWnd::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ARag2PlayerViewWnd@@0VUClass@@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall ARag2PlayerViewWnd::ARag2PlayerViewWnd(class ARag2PlayerViewWnd const &)" (??0ARag2PlayerViewWnd@@QAE@ABV0@@Z)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AWayBeacon::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AWayBeacon@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ASVehicleTrigger::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ASVehicleTrigger@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ADynSceneManager::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ADynSceneManager@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AVolumeTimer::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AVolumeTimer@@0VUClass@@A) referenced in function "public: class std::_Tree<class std::_Tmap_traits<unsigned long,struct tag_MapToolTip *,struct std::less<unsigned long>,class std::allocator<struct std::pair<unsigned long const ,struct tag_MapToolTip *> >,1> >::iterator __thiscall std::_Tree<class std::_Tmap_traits<unsigned long,struct tag_MapToolTip *,struct std::less<unsigned long>,class std::allocator<struct std::pair<unsigned long const ,struct tag_MapToolTip *> >,1> >::erase(class std::_Tree<class std::_Tmap_traits<unsigned long,struct tag_MapToolTip *,struct std::less<unsigned long>,class std::allocator<struct std::pair<unsigned long const ,struct tag_MapToolTip *> >,1> >::iterator,class std::_Tree<class std::_Tmap_traits<unsigned long,struct tag_MapToolTip *,struct std::less<unsigned long>,class std::allocator<struct std::pair<unsigned long const ,struct tag_MapToolTip *> >,1> >::iterator)" (?erase@?$_Tree@V?$_Tmap_traits@KPAUtag_MapToolTip@@U?$less@K@std@@V?$allocator@U?$pair@$$CBKPAUtag_MapToolTip@@@std@@@3@$00@std@@@std@@QAE?AViterator@12@V312@0@Z)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AVolumeTimer::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AVolumeTimer@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AMapList::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AMapList@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AVoicePack::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AVoicePack@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ADynamicProjector::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ADynamicProjector@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ADecal::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ADecal@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ARag2LobbyCameraLocation::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ARag2LobbyCameraLocation@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AMovableLight::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AMovableLight@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ARag2Teleporter::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ARag2Teleporter@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ASVehicleFactory::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ASVehicleFactory@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ARag2GeneratorName::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ARag2GeneratorName@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ARag2VehicleController::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ARag2VehicleController@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AMessagingSpectator::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AMessagingSpectator@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AMessagingSpectator::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AMessagingSpectator@@0VUClass@@A) referenced in function "public: class std::deque<unsigned int,class std::allocator<unsigned int> >::iterator __thiscall std::deque<unsigned int,class std::allocator<unsigned int> >::erase(class std::deque<unsigned int,class std::allocator<unsigned int> >::iterator,class std::deque<unsigned int,class std::allocator<unsigned int> >::iterator)" (?erase@?$deque@IV?$allocator@I@std@@@std@@QAE?AViterator@12@V312@0@Z)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ARag2Controller::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ARag2Controller@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ARag2NpcController::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ARag2NpcController@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ARag2PcController::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ARag2PcController@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AEffects::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AEffects@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AFragment::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AFragment@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AMaterialTrigger::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AMaterialTrigger@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AUseTrigger::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AUseTrigger@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AMusicTrigger::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AMusicTrigger@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AZoneTrigger::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AZoneTrigger@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AKVehicleFactory::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AKVehicleFactory@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ARag2LobbyPawnLocation::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ARag2LobbyPawnLocation@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ACrushed::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ACrushed@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass AGibbed::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@AGibbed@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ASuicided::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ASuicided@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass ADamTypeTelefragged::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@ADamTypeTelefragged@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass UAnimNotify_Trigger::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@UAnimNotify_Trigger@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass UAnimNotify_Trigger::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@UAnimNotify_Trigger@@0VUClass@@A) referenced in function "public: class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> > * * __thiscall std::allocator<class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> > *>::allocate(unsigned int)" (?allocate@?$allocator@PAV?$basic_string@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@V?$allocator@G@2@@std@@@std@@QAEPAPAV?$basic_string@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@V?$allocator@G@2@@2@I@Z)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass UTestObj::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@UTestObj@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass UMatchInfo::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@UMatchInfo@@0VUClass@@A) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Rag2MemoryPool<struct FScreenPlaneEffectInfo>::Clear(void)" (?Clear@?$Rag2MemoryPool@UFScreenPlaneEffectInfo@@@@QAEXXZ)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass UMatchInfo::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@UMatchInfo@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass UObjectPool::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@UObjectPool@@0VUClass@@A)
Engine error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass UBitmap::PrivateStaticClass" (?PrivateStaticClass@UBitmap@@0VUClass@@A)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@geralex88

Umm... is it an indirect workaround...?
Anyway, thank you.

* UClass part is solved. (Comment out many DECLARE_CLASS)
But, ... Rag2NetRecvMsg, UICashItemShopFrame, etc... :(:

** Solved. Find and add headers and cpps that are missing from the project list.

*** Engine.dll is SUCCESSED!!! :blink: :laugh:
**** UCC is GOOD WORK!!! :thumbup1:
However, warning... occurs. :blush:
And, some Error... also occurred.
u file creation succeeded though.

Thank you very much. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Back