Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Roalty free backgrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I'm building a portfolio and I am in need of some background images. Does anyone know websites where I can find free images that are roalty free?

I'm basically looking for something like this.

Or might someone know if this image is roalty free?

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
How does that answer my question? Most of those images are not royalty free and nowhere does they say that you can or can not use them.
I am looking for a website that has roalty free / creative commons protected images, that I can ensure are all right to be used on a website.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How does that answer my question? Most of those images are not royalty free and nowhere does they say that you can or can not use them.
I am looking for a website that has roalty free / creative commons protected images, that I can ensure are all right to be used on a website.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I've been googling, but the sites I find either asks you to pay to download the images or then they have only few images available.
Every single result in the first page with your search terms brings up a page that asks you to pay for the downloads. I am not looking to pay for an image.

I'm looking for a website that allows me to download images for free that are roalty free and therefore I can use them on my webiste.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've been googling, but the sites I find either asks you to pay to download the images or then they have only few images available.
Every single result in the first page with your search terms brings up a page that asks you to pay for the downloads. I am not looking to pay for an image.

I'm looking for a website that allows me to download images for free that are roalty free and therefore I can use them on my webiste.

oh , sorry :(

Reaction score
Images like those aren't that hard to make. You just take a round brush , or the circle shape if you prefer , make several layers , start putting shapes .. or paint with circle brushes randomly. Then apply gaussian blur to each layer until the last one , starting with the one bellow the top , say you add 2 px gaussian to that , you go to the second you ad 3 or 4 , and so on until you finish all layers. Colors are also all your choice.

So the reason why you don't find these kind of pictures , because they are practically 20 minutes photoshop at most. No one is going to spoon feed on the internet.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Images like those aren't that hard to make. You just take a round brush , or the circle shape if you prefer , make several layers , start putting shapes .. or paint with circle brushes randomly. Then apply gaussian blur to each layer until the last one , starting with the one bellow the top , say you add 2 px gaussian to that , you go to the second you ad 3 or 4 , and so on until you finish all layers. Colors are also all your choice.

So the reason why you don't find these kind of pictures , because they are practically 20 minutes photoshop at most. No one is going to spoon feed on the internet.
Certainly something like that is easy to make, but when it comes to more complex images you'll prefer to use premade ones unless you happen to be good with Photoshop or Illustrator. After all I am not looking for a website just for one specific image, I am looking to use it in the future too.
You could just say that I am lazy and perhaps I am, but the main reason why I am looking for this website is because my Photoshop skills aren't at this stage good enough to create something that pleases my eye. Was it then something this simple or more skill requiring, but creating these images requires playing around with the objects to get them in good place.

Either way, I use the image that I linked in the first post. My site is rather unknown anyway and it will remain that way most likely, so I doubt there will be any trouble.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i've been searching for you ! and i found this , i hope thats what are you looking for <3

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i've been searching for you ! and i found this , i hope thats what are you looking for <3
Thanks, that's sort of what I am looking for. Basically what I was looking for is a website that includes backgrounds, placeholder images and etc. Not only backgrounds.
But thanks anyway, that provides backgrounds at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back