Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Rohan server files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I do not think it hurts the players because no one is forced to play on private servers,they can stay on official an play.Private servers are for those who do not want to waste time playing a game,same thrill but in a small period of time.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I do not think it hurts the players because no one is forced to play on private servers,they can stay on official an play.Private servers are for those who do not want to waste time playing a game,same thrill but in a small period of time.

Who wants to play an MMORPG with no active players?

Reaction score
So are you saying your private server does not have active players?
What he's saying is it fragments the player base too much and ruins the game overall... there will always be players who prefer 1 server over another so the more servers there are the less there are on each server

will just sell the sources or share compiled soon :)
Kinda like exactly what you said you couldn't do a couple days ago?

Reaction score
Pretty much what happened with MU... MU servers were great, until people made it so easy to create a new server that there were new 999999x servers popping up over night. Now its really hard to find a MU server with over 50 players online that haven't been playing there for years and already have uber stats.

Reaction score
So lethat ,you say private servers ruins online games then why did you made a rohan private server?If that ruins the game,why is your server an exception?

Reaction score
So lethat ,you say private servers ruins online games then why did you made a rohan private server?If that ruins the game,why is your server an exception?
1 Private server is fine for games it even improves them because it's run by a team of people who CAN change things... I guess I should explain to you how official publishers work

Korean company(normally) develops a game and ofc makes it specifically for korean players. A company from another country sees it and thinks they can make profit off it so they negotiate what's called a licensing agreement that means they pay a flat fee per year + a % of the income from the server and in return the developer(in korea) sends them the files and all the patches. These agreements limit the publisher, they are pretty much just managers of the korean companies game they have NO say in development direction and cannot add new content on their own(normally they aren't even given tools to do so if it's needed for some reason) so if their regions players don't like a system but the Korean region the developers are in DO like the system the system will stay

1 Private server is good because it puts the files in the hands of a team who CAN change the game... If players request something enough a private server has the ability to give them what they request without breaking a licensing agreement.

So, 1 server = good for a game more = bad

Reaction score
Nah ,that's not it.Let's be serious now,it's all about the benjamins.You want to milk it,make money over it.Anyway don't fool us by telling you are doing this for the players.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nah ,that's not it.Let's be serious now,it's all about the benjamins.You want to milk it,make money over it.Anyway don't fool us by telling you are doing this for the players.

Leechers are all the same. When you don't give them files, they start throwing insults... If I wanted to make money, I would've quit hosting pservers ages ago to dupe gold on popular MMOs. One dupe exploit can make millions of dollars, why bother with small change?

Reaction score
I make 20k$ a year less working for TD-Developments then i would if i quit and accepted an open offer I have at an official server publisher I CHOOSE TD-Dev because here I can make the game better when it needs made better

Reaction score
you are not completly right
Bte,game Loong Online,there are some different packs(not so different,just attdata)
I can`t see many servers.Do you know why?Because client is not full and also there are not many working stuff.Yeah,it is playable,but not for `private buisness`.
SO,I think releasing in some way incomplete files wouldn`t ruin game managment at all and afford many people play it privatly
think about it

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone that expects to make an actual living off of Private Servers is pathetic and confused. I don't care what you guys think. You are abusing the security of an official company that payed good money for the rights to the game AND translated it, and are hosting it yourself (regardless of intentions) in the hopes of making a good server. You also are making big money off of other peoples work. It doesn't matter if you spent time hacking a company, or modifying the server. No company deserves to be hacked and lose its product that they payed for to some free loading hacker. They also don't deserve the loss in server population and sales.

Do us all a favor and quit while you can. If a company does manage to target you guys for a monetary settlement, then you will also be targeted, as well as the main hacker. You are making big money off of the server as well. I hope you know what moralistic issues come with working for a private server, and especially an exclusive one, with the specific hope of making BIG money!

Quit now while you can and find an actual position. The pay may be a tad lower, but your position is legal, and you may even get other benefits (if you don't already). You also get something you can actually PUT on your resume for the future.

Reaction score
Quit now while you can and find an actual position. The pay may be a tad lower, but your position is legal.
Your whole posts shows your ignorance but this part specifically I take issue with since as I've said I currently have job offers at publishers many of them offering MORE MONEY then I make working on private servers... If it was about money I would take the higher paying more stable job but it's not, I've worked with them in the past and the limitations on the team and the exploitation of the players in order to make more money isn't something I'm willing to do.

Your arguments are always that if we make any money it's the only reason we do it... You ignore the fact that we make less money and deal with more risk in order to provide the players with a more honest game directed more at the players needs... Sure we still try to make a profit but not by pure exploitation of players... Some things to be balanced need to be regulated and those things if we profit off them at the same time as regulating them it works to pay us for the work while also managing the game how it needs to be managed

If you can't deal with it I'm sorry

Reactions: Ron
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
For once, someone on RaGEZONE is actually thinking about the game itself. Private servers shouldn't be manipulated to give users an advantage or to make a profit. Private Servers in all reality should exist in low quantities of around 1 or 2. They should also be managed in the same way an official server is with the exception of being able to add content/features. The less amount of servers there are, the greater the user population is as well. Making a profit off a game is only fair in return to hosting the game and adding content/features created by the working team. Take a look at the RaGEZONE sections here for private server developments, They all consist of server files, guides, etc.. Now take a look at each company that hosts the game and the amount of Private Servers available. Most private servers are profiting off of ripped content from other pservers for one, but look at the population. For ever new server there is a decrease of population in another. Now also take a look at those Private Servers, most are managed by people who have no idea what they are doing in the first place.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Anyone that expects to make an actual living off of Private Servers is pathetic and confused. I don't care what you guys think. You are abusing the security of an official company that payed good money for the rights to the game AND translated it, and are hosting it yourself (regardless of intentions) in the hopes of making a good server. You also are making big money off of other peoples work. It doesn't matter if you spent time hacking a company, or modifying the server. No company deserves to be hacked and lose its product that they payed for to some free loading hacker. They also don't deserve the loss in server population and sales.

Their security was heavily flawed, so they do deserve the loss of revenue. Also, have you ever played on a server with a greedy publishing/development company? It's horrible for the players who've spent time and money on the game. Also, did you even read my posts? I have no interest in money overall. Don't group all private servers together.

Reaction score
Their security was heavily flawed, so they do deserve the loss of revenue. Also, have you ever played on a server with a greedy publishing/development company? It's horrible for the players who've spent time and money on the game. Also, did you even read my posts? I have no interest in money overall. Don't group all private servers together.

Every company is accessible if you have the skills/patience and time to do it. It's nowadays also about how much you invest in mmo pentests, as well as what you previously acquired on that company. (i.e; old intrusions, dumps, etc.).

Anyone that expects to make an actual living off of Private Servers is pathetic and confused

My banks balance screams otherwise..

I hope you know what moralistic issues come with working for a private server, and especially an exclusive one, with the specific hope of making BIG money!

Quit now while you can and find an actual position. The pay may be a tad lower, but your position is legal, and you may even get other benefits (if you don't already). You also get something you can actually PUT on your resume for the future.

Haha - "moralistic issues". You're talking about Ducking morals on a forum with thousands of shared server files for all kinds of different games? (which caused even a few companies to go bankrupt)

So now I should go be some companies witch and get paid couple grand monthly, when I could make 5-6 figures monthly without even giving a poop about taxes, etc?

Thank you for pointing us in the right direction wise master Omicorn, we're now all filling up our portfolios to work legally as you can see..

Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
Leechers are all the same. When you don't give them files, they start throwing insults... If I wanted to make money, I would've quit hosting pservers ages ago to dupe gold on popular MMOs. One dupe exploit can make millions of dollars, why bother with small change?

Good point, please don't take my message as an insult.
My philosophy also changed over the years.
I always believed in open development and non-profit servers but times change.
I applaud the hard work done by people like you, Damodar and others to "professionalize" pserver dev.

Just don't forget where you came from.

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
I thought this was a request thread? Anyways, interesting topic. I think playing the "greedy card" is easy for people who want what others have, but can't get, and justify it by calling others greedy. What's that called again...?

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Every company is accessible if you have the skills/patience and time to do it. It's nowadays also about how much you invest in mmo pentests, as well as what you previously acquired on that company. (i.e; old intrusions, dumps, etc.).

This is correct, but the average time, skill and resources required to get to access to source code should be much higher than what it's worth. Most Korean game companies have bare minimum security, which makes it very worthwhile to spend a small amount of time to get access to a large company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back