Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Room Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Own a flash-based retro? Want to make your own custom designed rooms? Look no further;

note;
This tool is currently in development, there may be issues with it but afaik everything is working fine (it looks like poop in IE though, so I suggest chrome/ firefox).
If you don't know what to do with the heightmap then hold on to your horses, full documentation will be added once the tool is implemented into the Retrotopsites.com website.

Sojobo - Room Designer - RaGEZONE Forums

Feedback appreciated.

In case the map maker above is down, please use the following one:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Its written in coldfusion sorry, it wouldn't be much use to you unless you ran a coldfusion server.
I think the heightmap loader flips the heightmap horizontally, I'll fix that tomorrow, in the meantime you could just load it, save it, and load it again lol.. probs a simple fix.

Reaction score
I've been busy with my own hotel and just been on a month break I guess.. I keep most of my stuff private but I don't mind releasing tools like this.. I released a loader maker that was pretty cool a few years back, it was awesome heh.. shame its useless now that loaders require sso tickets ;<

Reaction score
You can't edit room models in the shockwave version of Habbo, trust me - I've tried long and hard to do it. Unfortunatly as soon as you attempt to edit the coding inside the ccts to make it happen the data is wiped and then none of your room models will work. I'm afraid the only way of getting custom room models is using a flash client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmmm nice tool and release might come in handy XD

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
nice release Sojobo. Sure lots of people would be interested in this, considering most hotels are upgrading to BETA/Flash hotels.

RaGEZONE VETERAN
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Have to admit, Aaron, that this is a nice release.

Reaction score
Have to admit, Aaron, that this is a nice release.

Yeah I could do it pretty easily, however making it look good (as in showing the stairs where they're meant to be and aligning the tile correctly would likely be a royal pain in the butt.. It's maybe something I'll do in the future, in the meantime I might just add numbers over the top of the tiles indicating their height, thus allowing you to edit the height on the map, it just won't look great on the editor.

Reaction score
The heightmap loading should now be functioning correctly, there were a few minor mistakes that were causing it to flip backwards, sorted it out in the end up though.
It should also attempt to load heightmaps that aren't formatted correctly - although for best results I recommend using SQL friendly maps (maps using \r\n to split layers).

Reaction score
While I'm still bored waiting on the release of APB, is there any other tools you'd like to see coded? Adding stairs to this would require far too much work unfortunatly, but you can always edit the heights from the finished heightmap anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back