Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

run from the cure - for cancer

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It talks about instances where people have been 'cured', but anecdotal claims do not make science. If a proper study was looked at on this subject (I'm sure there are some - pot is not illegal everywhere, America is not the world, thankfully :bleh:) then they would factor for things like placebo effects, natural rate of remission... sometimes the body will heal itself, even from cancer - this doesn't happen in most cases, but just think, if 10,000 people used this guy's product to try and 'treat' cancer, and about 250 of them got a remission within a couple of months of using it (very likely at those figures), then they would be convinced that it was the drugs, even though they would have got better if they were taking nothing.

On a separate note, at the end it mentions being able to heal scar tissue. Scars form when the body heals itself (from a wound or similar) in such a way that the original cell structure information is lost - saying it can heal scar tissue is like saying that you can turn a cooked egg back into a raw egg... it's not feasible, there has been a loss of information, a change of state. There are treatments to minimise scarring, these work by stopping the body from 'overreacting' to the wound and actually healing in a different way that retains the original shape of the flesh etc more closely, but to modify that later more than like 10% of its appearance then you would practically need to rip out that tissue and let it heal again (ow?). So that last snippet was BS, and certainly the rest of it does not have many redeeming features in the eyes of any reasonable skeptic.

I'm not saying pot doesn't have medicinal applications, it has been pretty much proven (scientifically, empirically, in proper studies) that it DOES have a place in medicine, but it doesn't 'cure cancer', at least not in the way they're implying (it may be useful against a small subset of cancer types, but not most types).

Misinformation is BAD, mmkay? :huh:

P.S: Why is it that every time I watch a video like this on youtube (like that other one posted about some snake cult, and pretty much any documentaryish ones) I always have a frustrating urge to fastforward because they just seem to pause for a second or two too long between every part...

Reaction score
Misinformation is BAD, mmkay? :huh:

i wouldnt go as far to call it misinformation, this is something i will be studying in detail over the next few months

taking people like this case studies is a good place as any to start with

going to work now, so a better reply later, after i have watched the remained 4 parts

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It is anecdotes presented as testimonial evidence, and they don't give any information as to HOW it actually is supposed to do the myriad of things they claim it to do. It cannot be taken seriously as an argument for medicinal use of a product without making its claims clearer and providing technical information. They don't need much, even the level of technical instruction and detail included in most tv ads for shampoo (you know, that crap about vitamins and how often you use it and what conditions it treats and how) would be enough for starters :p

Reaction score
It is anecdotes presented as testimonial evidence, and they don't give any information as to HOW it actually is supposed to do the myriad of things they claim it to do. It cannot be taken seriously as an argument for medicinal use of a product without making its claims clearer and providing technical information. They don't need much, even the level of technical instruction and detail included in most tv ads for shampoo (you know, that crap about vitamins and how often you use it and what conditions it treats and how) would be enough for starters :p

aye it was never meant as evidence :p

its more a documentary of the guys struggle, have you had a chance to watch all the videos yet?

a good book to read for the evidence you seek is "the emperor of hemp" by jack herer, i highly recomend it to you, that is of course if you are really interested :p

also as an after thought, hemp has been documented and used for thousands of years now, why is it now in our advanced modern societies we are fed lies and no longer allowed to use hemp to treat ourselves?

The guy probably lives an hour from me. Could go check it out. ^_^

that would be awesome mate, if you do go please let me know before you do!

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm sure hemp oil has a few medicinal properties. But it's just ridiculous that it cures cancer.

All cancers are formed by a mutation in your DNA, which causes cells to divide in a higher rate than normal. The only way that could be cured, is by completely removing all affected cells. Which I'm sure Hemp oil can't do, because it doesn't contain any enzymes of any sort. (You would need a few hundred different enzymes to destroy a cell.)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Can't believe in what a greedy world we live in!

Long live hemp oil!

Reaction score
I'm sure hemp oil has a few medicinal properties. But it's just ridiculous that it cures cancer.

All cancers are formed by a mutation in your DNA, which causes cells to divide in a higher rate than normal. The only way that could be cured, is by completely removing all affected cells. Which I'm sure Hemp oil can't do, because it doesn't contain any enzymes of any sort. (You would need a few hundred different enzymes to destroy a cell.)

as far as im aware with cancer there is only 1 cancerous cell right?

the rest of the "cancer" is cells the body creates around the original cancerous cell to step it spreading, unfortunately this can do more harm than good.

there are cases of people curing cancer with no outside help at all, my current theory is that hemp oil simply aides the body in healing itself.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
also as an after thought, hemp has been documented and used for thousands of years now, why is it now in our advanced modern societies we are fed lies and no longer allowed to use hemp to treat ourselves?

Well, as stated in the first video, if the established polyopoly (lol funny made-up word, I mean it to be "group of companies that collectively hold a monopoly") views it as a threat and one that they can't 'buy out', then obviously they'll do whatever is in their power to discredit it (including lobbying for legislative changes, media/smears, etc)... I'm sure that's played a large part of it.

But it certainly doesn't help pot's case any, to try and credit it with miraculous healing powers. That does the opposite, makes proponents of the stuff look more like crackpots and therefore easy to get shushed. :doh:

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
as far as im aware with cancer there is only 1 cancerous cell right?

the rest of the "cancer" is cells the body creates around the original cancerous cell to step it spreading, unfortunately this can do more harm than good.

there are cases of people curing cancer with no outside help at all, my current theory is that hemp oil simply aides the body in healing itself.

You're partially right, cancer starts with the mutation of the DNA of a single cell. Normally when this happens, the cell automatically destroys itself. But sometimes it doesn't, and the cell begins dividing itself at a rapid rate. The copies of that cell will be identical to the mutated cell, so they will also divide at a rapid rate. That's when you have cancer.
I don't know about the body forming cells around the cancer. Never heard of it anyway.

Your theory makes sense though. Someone should start a proper scientific study on hemp oil.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

That site said:
Seed can be used for propagation, seed oil extraction and seed cake. Seed components are suitable for animal food, but are not permitted for human consumption in Australia despite several studies indicating that hemp seed products are beneficial to health.
Unfortunately they haven't cited sources for those studies, and I'm too hungry to search more right now :tongue:

Reaction score
Well, as stated in the first video, if the established polyopoly (lol funny made-up word, I mean it to be "group of companies that collectively hold a monopoly") views it as a threat and one that they can't 'buy out', then obviously they'll do whatever is in their power to discredit it (including lobbying for legislative changes, media/smears, etc)... I'm sure that's played a large part of it.

But it certainly doesn't help pot's case any, to try and credit it with miraculous healing powers. That does the opposite, makes proponents of the stuff look more like crackpots and therefore easy to get shushed. :doh:

aye thts very true lol

look at it from their point of view though, our modern medicine can do nothing for them and some are even given dates they will die by and after having taken hemp oil the cancer is not only completely gone but they are feeling fantastic, of course it will be heralded as a cure :p

it is always the human body that has the power to heal itself, all medicine does, in any form is give a helping hand

You're partially right, cancer starts with the mutation of the DNA of a single cell. Normally when this happens, the cell automatically destroys itself. But sometimes it doesn't, and the cell begins dividing itself at a rapid rate. The copies of that cell will be identical to the mutated cell, so they will also divide at a rapid rate. That's when you have cancer.
I don't know about the body forming cells around the cancer. Never heard of it anyway.

Your theory makes sense though. Someone should start a proper scientific study on hemp oil.

ahh i see i see, i must admit that was all i remembered from reading a few things a while back and through conversation, it think there is enough information about he,p oil out there it just needs bringing together, in the age of pharmacutical companies its never going to have enough energy put into new studies

Unfortunately they haven't cited sources for those studies, and I'm too hungry to search more right now :tongue:

thanks for the link!

will read that asap

Back