Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Run more than 3 Forsaken World clients !

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
----Method to increase the number of client limit:
1)We must first identify the source of this error:
Code:
For the safety of your computer and the in-game experience of other  players, you are not allowed to run more Forsaken World clients.

2)Figure out the origin of the message:

I-Text could be in the following places:
-Update/stroutpck.txt
-Resources/configs.pck
-Resources/interfaces.pck
-Resources/script.pck
II-We extract the game archives(.pck) using Winpck.
III-We make sure that luas in script.pck are decrypted and can be opent normally.
IV-We look for the text using notepad++ and search in these directories one by one using keywords

3)We have found the message in script/global_string.lua
Code:
    ERROR_EXCEED_MAX_APP_NUM    = "For the safety of your computer and  the in-game experience of other players, you are not allowed to run more  Forsaken World clients.\rDoing so by force may result in unnecessary  losses. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.",

4)We search "ERROR_EXCEED_MAX_APP_NUM' in the following directory SMElement/SMElementClient

5)We have found it in SMElement/SMElementClient/EC_Game.cpp
Code:
const static int MAX_APP_COUNT  = 3;

Code:
    if(g_AppCount>MAX_APP_COUNT)
    {
        ::MessageBoxW(NULL, g_GetString(_L("ERROR_EXCEED_MAX_APP_NUM")), _L("error"), MB_OK | MB_ICONSTOP);
        return false;
     }
This block of code sets up a limit to the number of times the client executables can be opent and it's purely client side.

6)In my opinion,you should increase MAX_APP_COUNT from 3 to whatever you want such as:
Code:
const static int MAX_APP_COUNT  = 6;

It's kinda ironic that I figure this out when I'm no longer that much into the game.
I hope this can be of help to others.

Last edited:
Back