Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Run personal com as a server and hosting file

hua

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I notice after i done the things and setup by following this guide http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/guide-files-server-setup-faq-troubleshooting-guide-245772/ i notice i my com wasnt running as a server, and i heard my friend telling me i have to run my personal com as personal server and host the server file in order to run it, i found it when i try launch the game, when i see the 'Yedang' logo, it crash me out from window, can some1 guide me how to counter this problem? sorry this is my 1st attempt to setup a personal server, hope u guys can understand :) and for now, i not planning to publish to public yet, until i know how to setup or solve first...thanks :):

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Define "com". These three letters has many meanings in Windows world.

COM = Component Object Model (Also connected to DCOM [Distributed Component Object Model], COM+, ActiveX etc.)
COM = Serial COMmunications port
COM = COMmand file, a 16-bit executable file under 64Kb in size loads and runs from 4000h which uses no segment addresses and therefore needs no executable header... however, for comparability reasons utilities like command.com which out grew this 64Kb boundary have remained .COM despite being linked (compiled from source into a file which just runs) as a .EXE and then renamed.

I don't have a COM port. I close down DCOM and COM+ services on PT servers where-ever possible as they can lead to system attack vulnerabilities, however, they may also be required for MSDTC (Microsoft Distributed Transaction Co-ordinator) which may be required for MS-SQL operation, or particular features of it. Even running 64-bit Windows which cannot execute true .COM files, I still have some .EXE with .COM extensions installed with the system, and .COM is still listed as directly executable file. :(

The rest of your post seems unrelated to any of these... but I don't see what it does relate to either.

Last edited:
Back