• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

selection past multiple status

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
** assume that this npc script works **

PHP:
if (status == 0) {
cm.sendGetNumber("type in the id of an item you want");
cm.dispose();
} else if (status == 1) {
if (selection != blocked) {
cm.sendNext("are you sure you want #v" + selection + "# as your new item?");
} else {
cm.sendOk("this item is blocked.");
cm.dispose();
}
} else if (status == 3) {
cm.gainItem(selection, 1);
cm.dispose();
}

once i get to the third status, i feel as if the npc forgets what the selection was, thus giving me an error. am i supposed to add a variable somewhere or is there another way to do this?
** and once again, i just typed up part of it real quick, i already know that it works up until the third status which is where i'm supposed to receive my item
thxxxxxx.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, you need to store it in another variable declared at the top of your script.
This is because the status, selection, and mode all change every time action is called. Essentially, every time your status increases, there will be a new value for selection, and if you want to save the selection across multiple statuses, then you need to store it in a global script variable (which won't change until you stop talking to the npc).

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
add
itemid = selection;

after
} else if (status == 1) {

and change
cm.gainItem(selection, 1);

to
cm.gainItem(itemid);

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks for both of your guys' reply, but when i try to add "var selection = itemid;" or "var itemid = selection;" at the top of the script (under the variable blocked, status and selected), i get an error: "selection/itemid is not defined." and when i try what you suggested, naive, i get some gainItem and getEquipById errors.

not able to be on the comp right not, but do variables always need to result in numbers/arrays? or am i able to do something like "" and get the result i need?

thanks once again.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You don't assign the value in the top, you just declare the variable, so it's accessible in a global level, maintaining its value.

You declare it on top

PHP:
var itemid;

And you store the value whenever you need to, in your example, it should go after "status == 1" if statement.

PHP:
itemid = selection;

Then in the last status, you don't use "selection", because this variable changes each time "action" is called based on the NPC dialogs.

So you use the stored itemid to use properly the "gainItem" method:

PHP:
gainItem(itemid, 1);

-------------------EDIT-----------------------

As you asked about variables, variables can hold any type of data in JavaScript, pretty versatile.

You can hold integers:

PHP:
var lol = 1;

booleans:

PHP:
var lol = true;

string:

PHP:
var lol = "LOL";

floats:

PHP:
var lol = 1.9;