• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Server + Client @ 1.4.2 & Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I was gonna PM ronny with this, but I need more posts before i can PM, so guess I'll just have to look like total noob in front of everyone anyways, here it is:

I was looking to use your guide to making a perfect world server.
I simply can't get started on it because I don't understand this Debian thing. I've never seen or heard of it before :S

So, I googled Debian 5.x netinstall, clicked first result. then I scrolled down to downloads..but there are so many options for download, which one do I click:
alpha, amd64,...? I really don't know

Then secondly, once I know which to download,
I need to put this onto a CD, right?
Then how do I boot my pc from a CD o.o

I don't know...as you can see I'm new to this server stuff :p
I mean I've coded before, but nothing like this, only ever done coding for websites and games -.-'

It would be great if you could help me out on anything here

Thanks

---
So, any help here?

ty

Reaction score
Well I was gonna PM ronny with this, but I need more posts before i can PM, so guess I'll just have to look like total noob in front of everyone anyways, here it is:

I was looking to use your guide to making a perfect world server.
I simply can't get started on it because I don't understand this Debian thing. I've never seen or heard of it before :S

So, I googled Debian 5.x netinstall, clicked first result. then I scrolled down to downloads..but there are so many options for download, which one do I click:
alpha, amd64,...? I really don't know

Then secondly, once I know which to download,
I need to put this onto a CD, right?
Then how do I boot my pc from a CD o.o

I don't know...as you can see I'm new to this server stuff :p
I mean I've coded before, but nothing like this, only ever done coding for websites and games -.-'

It would be great if you could help me out on anything here

Thanks

---
So, any help here?

ty

First of all I would like to kindly let you know people don't like getting PMed for help here; so it is better to post in an existing thread if one exists on topic, or create a new one. Just so you know once you're able to PM.

No question is too n00b, and wont make you look bad man; we all have to start somewhere:

aiight more back to topic:

Debain is a distribution of Linux, you can really go with any one you like the best. Personally my recommendation is Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu is Debian based; and is an excellent OS. You can download that here:

The link I provided is for 32-bit Ubuntu Server, it is in ISO format.

Now, you have two options (after you've downloaded the server OS). You can burn it to an optical disc, for use on a dedicated machine, or you can use something like VMware or VBox and simply 'mount' the ISO image, and install the OS as a 'guest system' in VMware or VBox.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a problem in mysql.

das7002 - Server + Client @ 1.4.2 & Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Okay so I got here now, then I pres enter on Install Ubuntu server
Then there is blank screen, then what do i do?

:?:

maybe I should have learnt more about these things before I started trying server..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
this not ubuntu forums :ehh:

well no, these are forums for server development, and someone here gave the files for this ubuntu server to work with this guide on making pw server. So I think it goes in this thread.

I just thought that someone here would know what the problem is as I know that others use ubuntu

so can anyone help?

:blushing:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
have you done
apt-get update
yet?

You might still only have the basic list of packages that come with the install and not other lists yet, as apt-get is auto resolving

yes I gave the command apt-get update .-.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks for the attention. I solved the problem by reinstalling the debian:rolleyes:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
guyz after i installed debian were do i type that command~:apt-get update????

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

and whats better ubuntu or debian???

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
at the terminal prompt type apt-get update then apt-get install filename (filename being a package as listed in ronnys origional post on this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back