Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server/Client issues, and olly help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I have gotten my server up and running and I am using kpt endless tower v 2.2, kpt client 1871 (no xtrap), and the server is the fusion repack. Unfortunately there are many in game issues I don't understand.

1)There is a big problem with weapons and armor not appearing in the game stores, despite the fact that when I go to edit the npc ini files, the weapons and armor codes are where they should be, but in the client some weapons either don't appear, or the image doesn't show up, or the image is incorrect (the brigadine uses the battlesuit picture).

2)There are some really strange drops in the game with names such as "priestess 6" that serve no real purpose and I assume they were works in progress for the custom server this repack was based off of. This wouldn't be a problem if I knew how to remove them from the game, but I am still unfortunately clueless as to how to modify the ingame drops such as the amount of gold awarded or armor drops

3)Because I want to try using kpt client 1873_quantumfusion as I have read so much about, I am trying to figure out how to change the built in internal IP address for the client (203.117.137.20) which I have been able to find the memory address for in olly and modify it to my server's IP address, however, being a newb in this program, I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to save the memory address to the exe file! I right click, choose copy to executable>select>right click> save but once I dump the file to the exe it remains unchanged and refuses to connect.

Please kind wise men who know so much in the ways of PT private servers, guide me to enlightenment.

Thanks in advance

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I have gotten my server up and running and I am using kpt endless tower v 2.2, kpt client 1871 (no xtrap), and the server is the fusion repack. Unfortunately there are many in game issues I don't understand.
I'll see what I can do.
1)There is a big problem with weapons and armor not appearing in the game stores, despite the fact that when I go to edit the npc ini files, the weapons and armor codes are where they should be, but in the client some weapons either don't appear, or the image doesn't show up, or the image is incorrect (the brigadine uses the battlesuit picture).
These are probably removed in the client you are using (it has been edited more than just removing XTrap) to make room for more high level kit.
2)There are some really strange drops in the game with names such as "priestess 6" that serve no real purpose and I assume they were works in progress for the custom server this repack was based off of. This wouldn't be a problem if I knew how to remove them from the game, but I am still unfortunately clueless as to how to modify the ingame drops such as the amount of gold awarded or armor drops
That's easy, because you have already looked at the NPC store files. Each monster has it's own file, that there the server is told how much (minimum - maximum) gold it may drop, what Items it will drop, and how likely each one is to fall... before all these is the number of items likely to drop from that monster. ^_^

These are probably the higher level / custom drop items.
3)Because I want to try using kpt client 1873_quantumfusion as I have read so much about, I am trying to figure out how to change the built in internal IP address for the client (203.117.137.20) which I have been able to find the memory address for in olly and modify it to my server's IP address, however, being a newb in this program, I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to save the memory address to the exe file! I right click, choose copy to executable>select>right click> save but once I dump the file to the exe it remains unchanged and refuses to connect.
That particular string is easier to change in a hex editor... but to save changes made in Olly (which is easier to read) right click the CPU window (disassembly, or dump) Select "Edit" -> "Copy to Exe", and then a new window will open in Olly showing the raw file data of an executable exactly like the original one, but with the changes you have made applied to it. That you can then right click and "Save file". But if you are running Windows 7 or Vista, and have 1871 installed in either "C:\Program Files\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\" then it will see your changes as a malicious alteration of normal system operation and fix the file back to it's original state for you.:wink: 2 solutions. 1) I always run Olly with full Administrator privileges, not just an Administrator account. (In MS terms, "Elevated Admin Token") and this tells Windows that you are a skilled user who knows what they are doing messing with programs installed on their system so it can allow the change. Or 2) you can install to "C:\Games", or "C:\Priston Tale" or something and set the security so the anyone can read, write or modify files there... See Microsoft documentation on ACLs and file properties on NTFS drives.
Clearly, you shouldn't use anything under "C:\Windows" or Windows will be even more protective of any changes you may try to make.
Thanks in advance
You are welcome. :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I managed to change ip in the client so I can now login with it, however the weapons and armor really haven't changed, the brigadine still looks like the battle suit, and there are a bunch of items without pictures so I'm assuming its issues with the server files? plus the font is really messed up, but I think I saw a thread you made about fixing the fonts through olly so I will change that.

I was wondering if there was any kpt client 1873_quantumfusion compatible server packs available that are as close to the actual game as possible with translations as well as very minor glitches in the armor and weapons?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Remember "close to the actual game" means many things... the actual current EPT is very different from the current actual KPT. KPT and jPT are quite close, and always have been, but PTV and PTBr are also wildly different in terms of their features and rule-set... none of the current official releases are the PT I used to play... the rules have changed so dramatically.

As you can read elsewhere, I loved playing different classes from 0 to 35 and then deleted them. When Pay2Play came out, after I paid up for a year they then announced that payment would start when you hit 40, and introduced all sorts of "cheats" (as far as I'm concerned) to get you to 40 within a few days play... like pets that fight with you, and free gear. No damaged kit penalties, no death tax before level 10 etc. etc. and that's not what I consider to be the actual game.

As close to KPT around level 2 of Endless Tower, is Shagpubs mini-PT + ET22 patch... as close to current KPT is probably JayMokos new release... as close to Pre-AOR is probably the original jPT 4096 release with Pre-AOR client field data. (And I know a lot of people who stopped playing official PT after AOR, because it changed the rules too much)

PTBr is the most heavily geared to PvP / PK of the official releases. EPT is less lead by Bless and SoD than any of the others, erring towards very frequent "special events", PTV is very much geared towards custom items, and most private servers go for custom items faster levelling (the thing I find is wrong with current "official" releases) or PvP & SoD ranking challenges for their "USP".

Many rely on some form of web based control panel with even more "cheats" to get around Job-Change problems and get the player to 80 or 120 really quick so they can "compete" with other players.

Some go for custom maps and monsters. I think that's nice for a Private Server... because it is a less direct competition with the official servers. You could enjoy a totally different game experience, landscape and all on such servers, and still enjoy the official one in your location.

The MOST complete, clean, and standard server is Shagpubs' Mini_PT Server with his & Sandurrs' ET2 update Version 2... thought the problem you are having with the QF client is probably that it is set up with a limited (early) SgPT item table. The idea is that you either copy the item table from your client (game.exe) to your server or vise-vesa.

The new JayMoko 1976 server release also seems well implemented, and to follow current KPT game rules well. It's still receiving bug-fixes and updates though. (very hot off the press)

I'm glad JayMoko seems to have tried to stick close to the official KPT though, as this promotes choice (which I am very keen on, and those I consider my friends here [probably quite rightly] tell me off for it :eek:tt1:) for you to make modifications of your own to suite your desires for your server.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm glad JayMoko seems to have tried to stick close to the official KPT though, as this promotes choice (which I am very keen on, and those I consider my friends here [probably quite rightly] tell me off for it ) for you to make modifications of your own to suite your desires for your server.
I'm leaning towards this server because if it is like you said close to the official KPT then it is what I am looking for because I am primarily making this server for my friends and I who enjoyed the regular pt but want to be able to customize it to our liking.

If I do choose to use this, would I be able to create a fresh server using Wormy's Endless Tower 3rd Floor : ALL IN ONE Pack as well as JayMoko's server.exe? And if so should I continue using quantumfusion's 1873 client or is there a perhaps a more compatible one for the 1976 gameserver and server.exe?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I suspect something close to, if not the same as, Wormy's ET 3rd Floor is included, but I haven't looked that deeply as I'm more keen on the low level stuff.

As for the client, you should use KPT1976 as your base... obviously. XD

1872 is the latest test version on the KPT site. I guess the updater will take you to 1976. 23xx is always their release versions, currently 2352.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Current test version : 1977 (on the KPT web, there's only 1872 download link : )
Current public version : 2938 (on the KPT web, there's only 2352 download link : )

Use PsUpdate.exe (for public) or PsUpdate(test).exe (for test) to get the last version :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks a ton, this has helped me a great deal, I have the server up, the clients working fine, aside from some Korean text here and there (I'm pretty sure I'll be able to edit that in a hex or olly as I found out how to change some of it already), and now all the images are finally appearing!

One small thing though, after about an hour, my server will get an error and I have to click "don't send" and restart it. I already tried deleting "daeth-knight.ini" but it hasn't helped :p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
See this post for NoXTrap 1977 exe.
One small thing though, after about an hour, my server will get an error and I have to click "don't send" and restart it. I already tried deleting "daeth-knight.ini" but it hasn't helped :p
That's very much the wrong solution. Deleting "death-knight.ini" might cause the server to crash every 30mins or so, but won't solve it.

You should try disabling timed events in the servers hotuk.ini.

Valento, (Death-Knight) Kelvezu etc. timed spawns usually produce this error when the monsters .ini file is missing or corrupt.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I misspelled it on purpose as there is three different .inis in my gameserver folder: "daeth-night.ini", "death-knight.ini", and "death-night.ini" and the faq for the tutorial I used said to delete "daeth-night.ini" because it caused the server to stop, but I'll try disabling the timed the timed events, but aren't there also timed monsters outside of the hotuk.ini?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nope... All timed events I know of are triggered via server Hotuk.ini.

Each spawn point has a "spawn rate" and each monster has a "spawn rate". The spawn rate of the flag (spawn point) is in relation to monster deaths... how long do I wait after my last spawns are all killed before I spawn more. The one for the monster is related to the chances of that monster being the NPC that any flag spawns, from all the monsters listed for a particular map.

That's not very clearly written is it? I hope you get the gist of it though.

Boss monsters (I only know of Kelvezu and Valento, but there are probably more... Molly Wolf... Wandering Morif etc.) have two special commands... *BOSS and *SPAWNTIME (in Korean, use an on-line translator)

The first states that it is a boss, and the second lists hours of the day (server time) when the boss will spawn. (AFAIK)

I don't use bosses much, but got Kely to work okay... Eventually.

Best advise I got was turn off all events in hotuk.ini... see the server run stable for 24hrs, then turn on events you think you understand, one at a time... test each one for at least 24hrs before moving on to the next.

You can get away with Exp, Pot, Rice Cakes ([ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songpyeon]Songpyeon[/ame]) and Summer Chicken Soup ([ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samgyetang]Samgyetang[/ame]) events.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
okay well I turned off all of the events but exp and I don't have any boss events in my hotuk.ini file. However, the client you gave me above will just shut off after like three minutes.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh... if it's the client (game.exe) that closes... that's a later XTrap check I missed, for which I apologise.

I didn't think KPT did that, but I'll look into it.

If the server closes, it's usually a boss problem.

Last edited:
Back