• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Server Fix

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK so I set my server up and now all I nee is to fix the Version.dat with hex which I did. Is my client suppose to be 1.0.89 or 1.0.67?? I have 89 and it gives me version error why? I also need help with some exe that give me error when I start server like login server I think it was and role fair and dominate or something lie that. If you have info on any please help I followed a lot of tuts so help!!!!!:blushing::(:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK so I set my server up and now all I nee is to fix the Version.dat with hex which I did. Is my client suppose to be 1.0.89 or 1.0.67?? I have 89 and it gives me version error why? I also need help with some exe that give me error when I start server like login server I think it was and role fair and dominate or something lie that. If you have info on any please help I followed a lot of tuts so help!!!!!:blushing::(:

(zdeamon)-lol its because you need the client version to match your Check version top, so say your running a server that is 1.0.63 you need the client to be 1.0.63 or you can use a earlier client and update it to the correct version using patcherkf.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the checkversion.exe needs to have been set to the same version number that you have your client set to, in your server files for the checkversion there is a file called "version.in" or "version.dat" depending on what files you're using.

Inside it should look something like this

[version]
top_version = 1
old_version_num = 0
ftp_wangtong_num = 1
ftp_dianxin_num = 1
patch_num = 0
version_0 = 1

[patch0]
version_low = 01
version_high = 02
path = gongfu_00_01.cpk
md5 =

"top_version =" indicates the version number your files think the client should be, which if you want can be 1, which would mean your client version will after my steps ahead show on the patcher as 1.0.1, so for the sake of trying to fix, set this as 1.

"old_version_num" indicates the version that precedes the current, so if you patched from your now "1.0.1" to "1.0.2" then this value would be 1 since your new current version would be 2, which would when you make the patch replace the 1 used in top_version.

The next two entries refer to the ftp used for auto-patchingwhich I don't think are relevant to you as yet.

Now the last 2 matter, "patch_num = 0" and "version_0 = 1" the first of these determines what version of your entries will be used to patch to, so if you enter "0" then the default 1.0.1 will be as far the the server tries to patch a client(so, no patching to log at all, since 1.0.1 is your starting point unpatched) the default version will be 1.0.1 because of the next option "version_0 = 1" the version_0 = determines what version number will be used as the base version, so entering 1 will make it 1.0.1, entering 2 will make it 1.0.2 etc..

Of course the final part at the bottom refers to the name and md5 checksum of the patch file, which in this case is irrelevant because there is no patch as yet so it may be left as is.

More modding would be needed if you plan on having an auto-patch to change version but I don't think this would be in the scope of your question so I'll leave it out.

I hope this has explained the use of this file and how it relates to your issue, to sum up your problem, if you amke the checkversion.dat/ini look like what I quoted above, then go into the version.dat in your client and set the 5th byte as the decimal value 01(which is the same in hex in this case) then it should work fine. The "top version" must match the final number in the sequence of "version_0 = 1" part, so after 1 more patch you would have top version as 2 and instead of just "version_0 = 1" in that area you'd have this:

version_0 = 1
version_1 = 2

This sequence continues to increase patch by patch.

Anyway, this may seem like a big answer and maybe complicated but as the old saying goes

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Hope I helped you solve your issue. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm sounds like u need to edit the login .ini file -_-

The login.ini is used for the server and PC names, the login server IP and the MySQL IP and DB info, it has nothing in it relating to client/server version matching, so how do you figure it could possibly be the OP's issue?

He clearly said his issue is the client tells him his version is wrong, which is entirely covered in my previous post and is encompassed within the checkversion.ini and version.dat on the server and client sides respectively.

:EDIT: On another note I hardly see how "you need to edit xx file" is even useful to post, if he needs to edit it and you know how then tell him WHAT he needs to edit in it, or why waste the time posting lol.

Back