Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server for busy MU addicts — evenings / weekends only

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Server for occasional MU players (after work)

Hey, I've started working on a server for busy MU fans who go to work everyday and/or have families but deep in their heart want to play that stupid game from time to time — like me. The idea is to limit the uptime to evenings and weekends so that we don't have to chase the younger players that can play 12 hours/day, or AFK all the time.
I've played on Global back on the Maya server, then Midgard. With my favorite private server being WarkaMu, my nick: Presso. I have a huge sentiment for this game and still play every now and then. Please let me know who would be interested in beta testing :wink:

On another note, let me know what you think about this server setup/rules:

• Three sub-servers: America (GMT-7), Europe (GMT+1), Asia (GMT+8).
  • Up on evenings and weekends only.
  • Growing reset level every rr.
  • Limit on rr and a reward for reaching.
  • Version 97d+99 (ideally) or S9 (alternatively).
  • 2x exp events on holidays.
  • 50-100x exp in general.
  • No strong items in shops or Hearts of Love stuff. Good zen, jewel and exc drop instead. Supporting the natural economy and trading.
  • Devil Square and Blood Castle that's worth attending, 1 of each per evening, at specific hours.
  • Culture Code and reporting/feedback on forum/Discord/facebook.

Edit: There is an idea for the server to be open 24/7, but with the gameplay time measured, per account. The EXP and DROP would be high only for the first 1 or 2 hours of the day — e.g. you play 20 minutes in the morning (high exp), then you play 40 minutes in the evening (high exp), get a notice: "The daily hour is over", and then have lower exp until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So if I work evenings I can't play? If I work weekends either? I don´t see how this idea could work, maybe if its played only by friends.

That's a valid point @Dios, thanks!

Instead of dividing into Europe/Americas/Asia, the server could be divided into 4 universal servers allowing to play at different times, so you can choose the right one, based on your schedule, e.g.:
1) 9am-12pm (UTC)
2) 3pm-6pm (UTC)
3) 9pm-12am (UTC)
4) 3am-6am (UTC)

Just 3 hours of up-time daily. Weekends still to figure out. The goal is to create a friendly environment for players that can't play longer than that, while allowing them to compete with others and strongly engage during the time they can spend — higher EXP, events, no AFK, meaningful Blood Castle / Devil Square, intensive trading, hunting, etc.

Let me know what you think now, looking forward to receiving more advice ;)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You do know working adults also like to afk and put farmers right? Also most of them are donators. No time to spend on farming cause an average private server closes in 5-12months. If its still on its either dead or Admin just did a bad job.

Back to the point.
I think it Actually bad to have time limit entries.......
Rather you have a system to limit the exp/drops so player who are more active can farm but no lvl gaining.

It like MuOrigin Mobile. There are limited quest/ds/bc/exp gains per day and once u complete it u just need wait for quest the next day. Some afk and farm, while some take offline exps. All sounds good to make the game fair.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Big G for your feedback, some strong points there.

You do know working adults also like to afk and put farmers right?
Yup, I'm struggling here, I know it's probably a big part of the community, but on the other hand I want to focus on active gameplay and avoid multiple hour AFKs. A standing AFK makes you think about it, check it from time to time and the game is in your head entire day — I couldn't play like this, neither two of my friends I usually played MU with. I also want to deliver extraordinary quality during up-time.

No time to spend on farming cause an average private server closes in 5-12months. If its still on its either dead or Admin just did a bad job.
I'm planning on doing "seasons", so that the server is up for 3 months, then the ranking is saved and you get rewards on the next seasons — something special, e.g. exclusive EXC item, but not giving you a big edge over others.

I think it Actually bad to have time limit entries.......Rather you have a system to limit the exp/drops so player who are more active can farm but no lvl gaining.
Cool idea to just lower exp and drops, I'll consider it. It would still give an advantage to some of the players though, so I'm not entirely convinced. Could you expand why you think the time limit entries are a bad idea? I want to optimize for a specific group of people, not everyone — do you think that group could be too small?

Let me know what you think, I'm doing some pre-alpha testing already btw.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
and maybe turn off PvP in most of place.
i just dont like the idea to be able to kill somebody that just peacefully hunting, thats just messed up, especially killing people that obviously weaker than you.
or perhaps, put a very heavy penalty on PK, like they cant use teleport, cant use warehouse, or need to use credit/Ruud to reset PK.
yeah i would like to see that server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
and maybe turn off PvP in most of place.
i just dont like the idea to be able to kill somebody that just peacefully hunting, thats just messed up, especially killing people that obviously weaker than you.
or perhaps, put a very heavy penalty on PK, like they cant use teleport, cant use warehouse, or need to use credit/Ruud to reset PK.
yeah i would like to see that server.

Thanks @nokukito for sharing your ideas :):
I believe this spontaneous PK is part of the game, but I like the idea of the heavy penalty that would make you think twice before killing other players, like on the GMO — instead of just /pkclear for a couple zen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back