Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Should be getting my laptop today

Reaction score
Ordered this one
It's brand new for 410 euro, which is really cheap, i haven't found any cheaper ones, and this is a really nice one, it has a dualcore AMD Turion processor (i know they use up more power then Intels, but i will be plugged in most of the time and Intels that you can compare to it start 200 euro higher), 1 gig (ordered another gig) Vista Business (beats Basic that you normally find on the cheap laptops), 15,4 widescreen, 120GB HDD, ATI X1250 etc etc, basicly it's a business model, so while it doesn't have all the flashy stuff (including the design which i like as it's clean) and doesn't have a lot of USB ports for example (only 2), it does have everything i need and it has plenty of power to work nicely with it. It's also build well, so it doesn't feel like 1 of those cheap butt laptops that you normally have.

I don't quite understand the price though, when it came out a year ago it was almost double what it costs now, these are the last shipments of this model though, but still this price is really low.

My reason for buying this is because i will move out this year, and i don't want to have my desktop in my livingroom, since i bought my 360 i have only used my desktop for games about 4 times, all of them for Counter Strike, besides that my laptop will be able to handle that, it's not that big of a deal to go on my desktop to play it.
So my plan is to put it in my bedroom or spareroom depending if i got 1, and then just hook it upto my 360 to play TV series and movies from my desktop, and also use my laptop for remote access, so that i don't even have to touch this PC anymore.

Only thing i'm really interested in now is something i can put in my living so that i can just turn my desktop on and off. I'm not sure what i can use for that since infrared won't reach it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've bought my laptop for around.. 1750€ [Well , my dad gave half of the cash, i gave 600€ which i was saving up for the laptop :D [Had to buy one due to the fact i organize Lan CoD4 + PaintBall tournaments and so i could give my old one to my mom :p]]
It was worth it .
About yours, i was kinda wowed when i saw the price of it o_O
^ about mom evil plan , really , every mom has one x|

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
nice. my laptop cost me $3000 but i got a dv9260us

Reaction score
410 euro, i'm just linking to the UK site. ;) So that's roughly 280 pounds.

Anyway writing this on my laptop now, and i'm totally loving it. :D

Sad thing is that i will still be using my regular PC as the internet works like poop on here, i have to set up all the settings with the server here, and my oldest brother who does that stuff doesn't have time for setting it up until 10:30. ;)

Back