Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Shouldn't Item Effect Work?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have been really curious about something in the V83 effect wz. I compared some nodes and realized that we shouldn't have to add items to SetEffect.img for the item to work.

For example: The Cherub wings compared to the Veamoth cape are not that different and I have had no issue with the SetEffect method to get things to work, but in theory shouldn't it work if I kept it in item effect if I copied the same method used to make the Veamoth wings to work?

I have been wz editing for a while and I know my way around on how to make things work. I just do not understand why I have to add items to SetEffect.img to make an item to work correctly.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Reaction score
I believe that there is a difference in adding in SetEffect and just adding it in. The client reads SetEffect before it would read the actual item. I personally tried to get some items to work by just adding in the item images. But that doesn't always work. Like if I just add in the images it won't work but if I add it into SetEffect it works perfectly. I think some items just have to have a SetEffect. Weither it is one item or four.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay well. I came across something rather interesting, Maybe I personally missed it in SetEffect.img, but I found that the Veamoth Wings work without having a Set or Item Effect. Dont know maybe I missed a node, but is there a possibility of something that is allowing the effect to happen besides in just the Effect.wz?

Back