• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

WZ Shouldn't Item Effect Work?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have been really curious about something in the V83 effect wz. I compared some nodes and realized that we shouldn't have to add items to SetEffect.img for the item to work.

For example: The Cherub wings compared to the Veamoth cape are not that different and I have had no issue with the SetEffect method to get things to work, but in theory shouldn't it work if I kept it in item effect if I copied the same method used to make the Veamoth wings to work?

I have been wz editing for a while and I know my way around on how to make things work. I just do not understand why I have to add items to SetEffect.img to make an item to work correctly.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Reaction score
I believe that there is a difference in adding in SetEffect and just adding it in. The client reads SetEffect before it would read the actual item. I personally tried to get some items to work by just adding in the item images. But that doesn't always work. Like if I just add in the images it won't work but if I add it into SetEffect it works perfectly. I think some items just have to have a SetEffect. Weither it is one item or four.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay well. I came across something rather interesting, Maybe I personally missed it in SetEffect.img, but I found that the Veamoth Wings work without having a Set or Item Effect. Dont know maybe I missed a node, but is there a possibility of something that is allowing the effect to happen besides in just the Effect.wz?

Back