Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Showcase] Unique Boss Mechanics in Flyff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, This post is taken from another forum where I posted it. But I am the person who created these systems :). I wanted to share it here aswell!

Hey Everyone,

I'd like to share some new things I build for flyff recently to show off some cool things and hope to inspire you all to make flyff a better game. I don't think I am truly the first to do this but I don't remember seeing much of what I have done yet in other servers.

Custom Boss Attacks and their possibilities
I have created a system that can be used for any kind of monster and is easily edited/adjusted and set up without having to create a lot of custom AI code.

In fact the entire code for all of these systems was created in only a few days, it is a little bit hacked ofcourse, but can be very easily extracted into seperate classes and controllers for future use.

I just want to say this now that anything shown in this video is not for sale! I don't sell my code or systems. You will be able to see this in action in my server Emerald Flyff perhaps in the future. But that wont be released for another couple months at least.

What are the attacks?
Basically bosses can create two types of ground-targeted attacks through the code. Both of them are controlled through propskill so can easily be adjusted in SFX/Time/Damage etc and even apply debuffs or buffs.

Delayed Attacks
Delayed attacks create an attack at a World X Y Z position which is shown with a SFX indicator. After a set delay. The attack 'Explodes' and deals damage around roughly in the radius of the indicator (this is hard to get pixel perfect in flyff).

Mine Attacks
As the name says these create Proximity Mines on X Y Z world positions and explode when a player gets near them. Again the exact ranges and such are tricky to get right visually but I feel like I have done an adequate job for FlyFF.

Patterns?
Just creating attacks on a set position is nice, but its not a real boss fight if there are not set patterns available. Below I have some videos of a few patterns I have already coded. But as always, the possibilities are endless, with the base structure of the code any kind of pattern can be created as long as you can come up with (and are willing to code it).

Delays & Randomness
Additionally to whats available there are slight randomness within the delay of attacks. Meaning even if the boss creates 5 attack indicators at the same time. Each of them can be set to have a slightly different attack delay. This can also be hardcoded to specific delays so that you can create wave like patterns.

Targets
Currently the code usually defaults to center the attack around a XYZ position which is often the boss, but can also be set to target specific players as the center of the attack. Or even completely random centers.

Examples of what it can do (currently)

Cross Pattern Attack

This video shows 4 patterns:
-Around a given Position
-Line Attacks (can be 1 to 4 lines, determined randomly)
-Targetted Attacks (Puts an attack on each nearby player, great for vs group dungeons)
-Square Attacks

Another 2 Patterns shown here:
-Triangle Attack
-Randomized Attack (Random amount of attacks at random positions around a center point)

Here a video showing off the Mines & Delayed attacks combined together. I can give bosses a list of 'skills' to use as attacks and a list of 'patterns' to use. These two can be combined to create very interesting patterns.

Lastly a longer video of some attacks. (video is sped up so sound is out of sync)

I have currently only created 3 attacks (2 Delayed types and 1 Mine) SFX wise. But there are no limits to your creativity here. I just havent had time for it yet since i'm still developing this system.

Anyway I hope this was fun and interesting, if you have any questions or comments let me know. Otherwise make sure to join me on Emerald Flyff when it comes out. I do many more cool updates just like these!

Also keep in mind this is all 'in development' kind of stuff as always :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back