• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Skyrim Help

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any tips for how I can get gold and level up faster.

Also I went to morthill or whatever it's called and a dragon started attacking the city. I killed it and the town started killing me, how come?

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No clue about level up but for gold there is a way using a quest in windhelm, I think it's called blood on the ice. There a guide on it on the internet use google :p

For that second thing you probably killed someone while killing the dragon.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Kill the dark brotherhood.
You get 3k for it.
But then you dont get any quests from them.
Pick up everything and sell it to general stores. (shops with the scales)

Yeah like dell said, you probably hit a member of the city.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just go in dungeons, and save up 100k for the Trophy/Achievement. What I found out close to the end of the game, is you can make so much money off enchanting.. Upgrade speechcraft to 100 so every shop gets an extra 2k to spend, and upgrade enchanting for easy cash.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First they arrested me and I didn't press anything then I got 2 arrows to my body and died.

Reaction score
Go to Riften and go to the Black Briar Meadery. Make sure you're not there after hours when the owner is about. Talk to Ungrien behind the bar. Pay him to tell you about the owner until your speech is about 25 (It's only about 30 gold a time). Once it's 25, continuously persuade him and your speech will get to 100 quite easily. You'll also level up quite a lot from it, I did.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Go to Riften and go to the Black Briar Meadery. Make sure you're not there after hours when the owner is about. Talk to Ungrien behind the bar. Pay him to tell you about the owner until your speech is about 25 (It's only about 30 gold a time). Once it's 25, continuously persuade him and your speech will get to 100 quite easily. You'll also level up quite a lot from it, I did.

Yeah, they fucked up so badly xDD.

Legendary Trio - Chocolate Rain
Legend
Reaction score
loot, steal and sell everything apart from maybe mp and hp potions but even those aren't as important as you'd think. level up will depend on the skills you want to specifically level and how much you use stuff, don't go wasting time on useless skills you'll never need or the perk points wont be worth anything since you wont have the appropriate level for the skills you do need. lure dragons away from the village/town/city and don't fire anything in the direction of said village/town/city because if you accidentally brush and npc with something you intended for the dragon they get unnaturally upset and forget that when a giant Ducking dragon attacks you should keep your eyes open for stray fireballs just in case.

don't forget to do the mini quests for the guilds as they give you an easy supply of money i.e. the minor contracts for the dark brotherhood. oh and don't waste money on stupid poop.

Reaction score
I've dinged lvl 31 in 28 hours of gameplay, and have 15k but have not spent gold on -ANYTHING- other than giving the occasional 1g to beggars for the small bonus.

I guess i'll buy a house soon or something, carrying around all my poop is snore :p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In whiterun, when you click the option to buy the house, quickly open a cupboard/chest and deposit all your gold. Free house :).

Ball like Wall
Reaction score
For Gold:
Go to Winterhold and travel south. There's a altar near a dragon burial site with some dead skeletons. Take the small bag of coins and the skeletons will attack you. Kill them, (remember where the body of the one that sits up after laying down goes). Loot that skeletons body, and there will be a book called "The Gates of Oblivion." Don't take it. Press back, and loot it again. There will be 2. Keep pressing back and then loot it, and it will increase by 1 every time. Make sure you have A LOT of space and someone with you, as it only works once (well, it only works once on xbox, idk about PC). Give all the copies of the book to your follower, and then load up for your inventory. Remember, make sure you have a lot of space, because it only happens once.

For Skills:
This is for sneak. Go to High Hrothgar with a dagger equipped. Crouch down below one of the priests and attack him with the dagger. They won't attack you. Well, they will attack you if they turn around and you keep hitting them. So only attack them when they have their back turned. NEVER PICKPOCKET THEM! Make sure you save BEFORE you begin attacking. Save frequently while leveling.

This for smithing. Go to any blacksmith and buy ALL the leather, leather scraps, and iron ingots. Make all the hide bracers you can (it takes about 4-5 hide bracers once your level gets high.). If you have any left over leather, make them into leather scraps. Then, make all the iron daggers you can with the iron ingots and leather scraps (about 5-6 daggers to level when your level gets high.) You can eventually make very good armor which you can then enchant and sell for a lot of money or just use.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend the exploits, in the end they only break the game. If you use the sneak exploit to get 100 sneak, that will also give you ~10 levels if you're already at around 30-40 sneak.

Now you have max sneak, but because of how the game works all of the mobs are harder and have scaled to your level, but you aren't any stronger.

I did it and found the game quite hard after that. You pretty much have to resort to sneaking rather than combat because you simply can't hold your own. No combat = decreased combat skills, and the circle continues.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I still don't have any idea how to go to greybeard >.<

The first point is to go the town it tells you to go to. Ivarstead of something? I forget

Then theres a bridge in the village, cross it and there should be like 3000 stairs to climb up. Seriously though there will be a path leading up the the mountains. It leads to High Hrothgar and when you enter there thats where them greybeards are.

Back